N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#576)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2011, 11:43 AM

Definitely. Still a decent chart for comparing the JBD to the twice more expensive VAC module as well as to stock.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#577)
Old

Car: 2011 Z4
Default 08-06-2011, 05:33 PM

I've got one with 22k miles on it, but just picked up a Z4 35i, and had to order a JB+ from Terry since the impact seems so much greater on the gas engine. The X5 is great for trips with the split back driver's seat and HUD. Helps when you're 6' 9". Plus, she drives the diesel. The lease is about up on my '08 M3 'vert. I was very surprised to see that both the X5 and the Z4 have more torque than the M3, but maybe that's a no-brainer when compared to normally aspirated engines. The M3 has been lots of fun, but the Z4 continues to surprise with how spunky it is. I don't need the JB, but it will make for some extra fun. Pretty sure just the Plus will make it out-spec the 35is. Was at the dealership today. They said they could turn the 35i into a 35is engine for $600 and it would all be legit and not void warranty, and I'd get a whole 8-10 additional rwhp. No thanks! Terry ID'd my engine from a picture. Dealer told me is was an N55. Looking forward to getting the package. Had similar tune on '08 335 coupe. I drive up and down a 2500' mountain on a 2 lane through a national park (i.e. no cops) everyday. Come on mailman...
(#578)
Old

Car: 2011 335d
Default 08-13-2011, 05:39 AM

Here's a link to dyno results with HP and Torque figures from a 335d that was recently dyno'd in stock form and with the JBD set at the default setting. First real good dyno i've seen. Results are impressive.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=560620
(#579)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-13-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms
Here's a link to dyno results with HP and Torque figures from a 335d that was recently dyno'd in stock form and with the JBD set at the default setting. First real good dyno i've seen. Results are impressive.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=560620
Nice find!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#580)
Old

Car: X5D & 540i
Default Stage-II JBD??? - 09-07-2011, 10:26 PM

Terry, when do we expect to see stage-II JBD?
(#581)
Old

Default 09-07-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011X5D
I don't know if I ever posted the video of my 12 second qtr mile run in the diesel.

Someone should try some meth injection on this setup!

11 335d M-sport JBD 12.3 @ 110.48
12 LEAF 106 MPGe
08 335i Sedan 11.11 @ 129.43
08 335i Coupe JB3 2.0 11.33 @ 132.77
60-130mph: 6.95 seconds

Last edited by hotrod182; 09-11-2011 at 09:27 AM..
(#582)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011X5D
The JBD will be the only diesel offering. But it's performance and value is unmatched.

Burger Motorsports

(#583)
Old
Dieselholic

Car: '10 335d E90
Default 10-11-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182
I don't know if I ever posted the video of my 12 second qtr mile run in the diesel.

Someone should try some meth injection on this setup!
That'd be propane, not meth.
(#584)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2011, 08:36 PM

I know CM sells meth kits for diesels! I've been meaning to make a WW kit for it. It's on my list of things to try.

Burger Motorsports

(#585)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 10-11-2011, 11:16 PM

turbo diesels can benefit from the cooling affects of the water/meth injection
(#586)
Old

Default 10-17-2011, 05:54 AM

Terry, going in for a dyno this Sat, if I turn the tune whole way down is that essentially turning the tune off?

I'm trying to establish an untuned baseline as well as a tuned baseline before I have a custom exhaust installed the following week.
(#587)
Old

Default 10-17-2011, 06:20 AM

BTW, a meth kit for the d would be fantastic. Not only would it lower EGT's but I suspect we would see some serious gains.

They did a Methanol injection test in the May 2010 issue of Diesel Power on a 2004 Dodge. The truck was stock other than an Edge Ez.

Results were:

Stock: 279 rwhp

Baseline W/ edge Ez: 379 rwhp

Windshield washer fluid: 429 rwhp

50 percent Meth: 453 rwhp

75 percent Meth: 487 rwhp

It was the Stage 2 kit from Snow Performance.
(#588)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Terry, going in for a dyno this Sat, if I turn the tune whole way down is that essentially turning the tune off?

I'm trying to establish an untuned baseline as well as a tuned baseline before I have a custom exhaust installed the following week.
No, you would remove it all together for the baseline.

Also, moved support request to support forum.

Burger Motorsports

(#589)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Default 11-17-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
BTW, a meth kit for the d would be fantastic. Not only would it lower EGT's but I suspect we would see some serious gains.

They did a Methanol injection test in the May 2010 issue of Diesel Power on a 2004 Dodge. The truck was stock other than an Edge Ez.

Results were:

Stock: 279 rwhp

Baseline W/ edge Ez: 379 rwhp

Windshield washer fluid: 429 rwhp

50 percent Meth: 453 rwhp

75 percent Meth: 487 rwhp

It was the Stage 2 kit from Snow Performance.
http://www.snowperformance.net/produ...le-pdf-112.pdf

great article to explain the benefits of meth injection for turbo diesels...

I'm trying to find the article I read about a guy with an Audi 2.0 TDI that injects Meth+water & Propane & Nitrous....amazing....
(#590)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 12-06-2011, 03:24 PM

Are the can tool instructions on the site the same for the 335d?
(#591)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM

For the 335D it only reads/deletes codes. But same directions.

Burger Motorsports

(#592)
Old

Car: 135 DCT
Default 01-13-2012, 07:41 AM

Hi Terry

My dad has an X5 4.0D AWD, will this pnp work on this engine?
(#593)
Old

Car: 135i and M3 E30 Evo III
Send a message via Skype™ to Babyjoe1973
Default 01-13-2012, 08:06 AM

Hi,

seems not! I have the same problem with a X6 4.0d. They changed the connectors!!!

Babyjoe

BMW M3 F80 ZCP
(#594)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinkoN55
Hi Terry

My dad has an X5 4.0D AWD, will this pnp work on this engine?
No it isn't a supported model.

Burger Motorsports

(#595)
Old
1MPanama

Car: BMW 1M
Send a message via MSN to 1MPanama
Default JBD is excelent, does it work on the new 2012 Euro engine - 01-22-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We've shipped a few hundred of these now. Everyone loves them. Unfortunately most of the D crowd isn't in to dyno testing. Best advice is to throw one on and see what you think. I guarantee you'll be impressed.
I had the JBD installed on my 2010 X5 and worked great. just sold this X5 and kept the JBD but was wondering if I can install it on my new X5 diesel engine that comes now with the 8 speed tranny.

Last edited by 1MPanama; 01-22-2012 at 03:45 AM.. Reason: extra info
(#596)
Old

Car: 335D
Default 01-22-2012, 10:01 AM

The 8hp70 is rated to handle 100nm more than the 6hp26 so you should be good to go.
(#597)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Default 01-26-2012, 10:00 PM

i think he means is the cars computer supported/compatible with the JBD, not if the transmission can take the torque. But that is good data to know.
(#598)
Old
1MPanama

Car: BMW 1M
Send a message via MSN to 1MPanama
Default 01-29-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330
i think he means is the cars computer supported/compatible with the JBD, not if the transmission can take the torque. But that is good data to know.
Great data to know the new tranny can support 100+ Nm, does the DME work as well with this same JBD? can I install it the same way was installed in the older model?

thanks for the info.
(#599)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MPanama
I had the JBD installed on my 2010 X5 and worked great. just sold this X5 and kept the JBD but was wondering if I can install it on my new X5 diesel engine that comes now with the 8 speed tranny.
It's compatible with the x35d but we don't offer anything for the x40d yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#600)
Old

Default 03-06-2012, 07:08 AM

Terry - I have the JBD and it works great, but looking for more power. Do you think the JBD can be stacked with a flash tune to get a little more hp's?