N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: Giulia
Default 04-01-2019, 08:02 AM

Sent the money for that intake :D Hopefully you still have it!
(#77)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-01-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadaim00
Sent the money for that intake :D Hopefully you still have it!
Thanks!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#78)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia
Default 04-02-2019, 09:50 AM

V3 new update
Attached Files
File Type: csv WOT E85 new update Map-2.csv (14.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: csv WOT 0-60 E85 new update Map-2.csv (9.5 KB, 98 views)
(#79)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobbermudez
V3 new update
thanks!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#80)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2019, 02:23 PM

Photo of JB4 box placed on driver side. Fits nicely here.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#81)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 02:01 PM

Here is my install pic installed on also on the driver's side ����

Having hard time, sharing pic here due to size and shared link instead, if it doesn't work can someone suggest how to have it be on post directly

Last edited by Meech; 04-08-2019 at 02:07 PM..
(#82)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 02:05 PM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HMt1zzS3eBrtgFaSA
(#83)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2019, 03:22 PM

Looks good, I like that location.

Burger Motorsports

(#84)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 03:26 PM

Thanks Terry ��, only thing that sucked is the clip on the OBDII cable broke, so I had to electric tape the connection to keep connected, otherwise it slips off easily with a tug.
(#85)
Old

Car: E90
Default 04-09-2019, 10:00 AM

What does the _TI indicate? Is that the most recent file we should be using?

You wanna street car or you wanna race car?
Alfa Romeo QV, Ferrari 488GTB: Street Car
DC2: Race Car
(#86)
Old

Default 04-09-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbologist
What does the _TI indicate? Is that the most recent file we should be using?
This is the file you should be using off page 1

JB4_ALFA_3
(#87)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meech
Thanks Terry ��, only thing that sucked is the clip on the OBDII cable broke, so I had to electric tape the connection to keep connected, otherwise it slips off easily with a tug.
We have replacements for $20 if you or anyone ever needs.

https://www.burgermotorsports.com/pr...ii-replacement

Burger Motorsports

(#88)
Old

Thumbs up 04-09-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have replacements for $20 if you or anyone ever needs.

https://www.burgermotorsports.com/pr...ii-replacement
Thank you as always Terry
(#89)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Lusso
Default Stelvio JB4 and Installation Questions - 04-10-2019, 07:08 AM

Hello,

I recently just ordered the JB4 (and wireless kit) for my Stelvio and can't wait to get it! I know the engines and layouts between the Giulia and Stelvio are basically the same, but I still had a few questions:

1. I watched the videos and read the manual, but I am still a bit confused about the OBD II wiring. Is there a cleaner way to run it? Is there an existing port in the firewall to run the cable or is it too much of a PITA?

2. Do I need to update the JB4 as soon as I get it, or will it have the latest firmware (at time of shipping)? If an update is needed, do I get that from the first post in this thread?

3. What are the chances of getting the following features added to future Maps: Full TCS defeat in Dynamic mode and permanent off of the auto start/stop?

4. Although the JB4 Wireless uses Bluetooth, will it interfere with my Android Auto functions? I use that A LOT when I am stuck in traffic, so any help would appreciated.

I just want to say that I have been stalking this group since my Stelvio came home with me in September, so now after being well broken in (8,000mi) I feel that it is time to play.

Thanks!
(#90)
Old

Default 04-10-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickingandStreaming
Hello,

I recently just ordered the JB4 (and wireless kit) for my Stelvio and can't wait to get it! I know the engines and layouts between the Giulia and Stelvio are basically the same, but I still had a few questions:

1. I watched the videos and read the manual, but I am still a bit confused about the OBD II wiring. Is there a cleaner way to run it? Is there an existing port in the firewall to run the cable or is it too much of a PITA?

2. Do I need to update the JB4 as soon as I get it, or will it have the latest firmware (at time of shipping)? If an update is needed, do I get that from the first post in this thread?

3. What are the chances of getting the following features added to future Maps: Full TCS defeat in Dynamic mode and permanent off of the auto start/stop?

4. Although the JB4 Wireless uses Bluetooth, will it interfere with my Android Auto functions? I use that A LOT when I am stuck in traffic, so any help would appreciated.

I just want to say that I have been stalking this group since my Stelvio came home with me in September, so now after being well broken in (8,000mi) I feel that it is time to play.

Thanks!

1. No for now this is the cleanest and easiest way, if you look how I did it , the cable is literally only visible for a few inches in the door jam, I'll take more pics to show

2. Yes I would update it to V3 just to be safe, I did it that had 0 issues.

3. I believe Terry will try working on this, but he can answer this better.

4. Not at all, mine works flawlessly alongside my Android auto and Bluetooth connection.

Most of all take the time to install it, there are alot of tedious steps in removing secondary engine cover and back charge pipe connection.
(#91)
Old

Default 04-10-2019, 12:39 PM

Thank you very much! This is very helpful and I can't wait until I get the my hands on that unit. (Phras- Wait, are we still doing phrasing?)
(#92)
Old

Default Installed! - 04-13-2019, 02:46 PM

Thank you all for the help and advice. I just installed it into my Stelvio and it is very nice! I am very pleased with the overall smoothness of the power delivery and gentleman-like way it delivers performance.

I can't wait to see what other maps lie ahead, but for now... MAP 2 is excellent. Here are some images of my install on my Lusso. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/j27wC1AGT8dT8iAGA
(#93)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Thank you all for the help and advice. I just installed it into my Stelvio and it is very nice! I am very pleased with the overall smoothness of the power delivery and gentleman-like way it delivers performance.

I can't wait to see what other maps lie ahead, but for now... MAP 2 is excellent. Here are some images of my install on my Lusso. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/j27wC1AGT8dT8iAGA

Looks great and clean install, enjoy
(#94)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 01:13 PM

Thank you. Out of curiosity, what does the TI firmware do or change? Is it stable? Also, do the fuel economy and gear meters not get reported to the App? I am not seeing any data. Finally- is there any easy way the App can track horsepower?
(#95)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2019, 09:22 PM

Minor change to boost response and mid throttle.

Not all functions are enabled in the app for the Alfa, but we're always working on things. Maybe in the future.

The app has a 0-60 measurement tool and it's close but for real accurate performance metrics you'd want a dragy high speed GPS system for $149: dragy - GPS Based Performance Meter - Free Shipping in USA

Burger Motorsports

(#96)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 09:25 PM

Thanks Terry! I will load the TI ASAP. Also where can I find the 0-60 in the App? Oh and can we PLEASE get a defeat of the auto start/stop and TCS in Dynamic mode?
(#97)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 Q4
Default 04-15-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Thanks Terry! I will load the TI ASAP. Also where can I find the 0-60 in the App? Oh and can we PLEASE get a defeat of the auto start/stop and TCS in Dynamic mode?
If you have a 0-60 run in a log file, it will display the 0-60 time when you tap on the log file
(#98)
Old

Default 04-19-2019, 11:50 AM

Terry see my comments on the Giulia forum regarding the issue, here is a log hopefully it helps to figure the issue out.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-19 11_44_23_Gear-0_Map-2.csv (301.6 KB, 96 views)
(#99)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-19-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meech
Terry see my comments on the Giulia forum regarding the issue, here is a log hopefully it helps to figure the issue out.
Don't see anything obvious. Able to trigger on map1 or map0?

Burger Motorsports

(#100)
Old

Default 04-19-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Don't see anything obvious. Able to trigger on map1 or map0?
Map 0 is good no issue, haven't tried map 1. But the car feels like it's choking and stuttering, it's like it felt faster verision 3 of software