N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default NYer's, Its that time again - 06-09-2017, 03:17 PM

The governor is determined to ruin our fun and screw us over.

Its June speed week this week. Tell every one you know to watch out for the next 5 days.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/gov...ing-speed-week

RANT: I really don't know why this applies to us. Our cars are designed to do 155mph on the Autobahn, and I know many of us have performance drivers training (right?), so for us, this is ridiculous. Alas, we're grouped into the same class as the teenagers driving ricers, the mommies driving minivans and SUVs with their whiny kids in the back, the rednecks with their pickup trucks and the people with more money than brains or skills. So we're punished for the less skilled, and stupid people. Typical in this day and age. Always have to look out for the bottom of the barrel scum while the rest of us get punished. What else would we expect of our "wonderful" governor. Cuomo is the piss stain on the underwear of NY. He would be the sh!t stain, but DiBlasio is a bigger sh!t head.

EDIT: Its over. Hope everybody got through without tickets.

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550i xDrive
2018 Silver Equinox LT 2.0T

Last edited by Mike_L; 06-17-2017 at 03:04 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: X5M
Default 06-09-2017, 03:26 PM

Well, you still think Hillary should be president, and she's no diff than either Cuomo or DiBlasio, so maybe it serves you right! Just waiting on your next thread! Something like this...

(#3)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 06-09-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdownX5M
Well, you still think Hillary should be president, and she's no diff than either Cuomo or DiBlasio, so maybe it serves you right! Just waiting on your next thread! Something like this...
Change you user name Mr Equinox/4Runner.

Mike Levy
(#4)
Old

Default 06-09-2017, 03:36 PM

TwinTRD's or $50EquinoxLease?

(#5)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 06-09-2017, 03:38 PM

TwinTuRDs Or maybe not. You've had like 6 or 7 of them.
(#6)
Old

Default 06-09-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
11- 30 mph over the limit - min $90/max $300
So if you're "speeding" 11 over the limit (which isn't really speeding on most NY Interstates), you might as well go 25-30 mph over the limit since the fine is same as 11 mph over.

(#7)
Old

Default 06-09-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
TwinTuRDs Or maybe not. You've had like 6 or 7 of them.
Almost! 2 gray's last year, red, white, and now a cement.

(#8)
Old

Car: 2009 335XI
Default 09-19-2017, 11:00 AM

@ Mike_L ---Did it ever occur that maybe the speeding limit was there before Cuomo, Diblasio, and Clinton? Did it ever occur we live in the state filled with the most stupid drivers who "don't pay attention because their too busy doing make up, drinking coffee, or "recording reckless BMW drivers'? did it ever occur u don't own the road? did it every occur that driving is a right and not a privilege ? Grow up bro, i can say this, because i know for a fact, i live here in NY and all i see is stupid drivers who do worse than us BMW drivers. All the skills can't prepare you for a dummy running into you. I speed everyday to and from work, if u want to do the same, pay attention, use Waze, and buy a great radar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81mDvEilD6c <--- prime example why we can't have nice things in NY bruh.........Have a nice day--- End of rant-- lol love you guys---- tata---- oh yeah, for the most part, every time the news or the Gov announces these crack downs- i barely see the state troopers out!

BMW 335xi 6speedM,CP rods, Cp- Pistons, VTT GC's, inlets and outlets, Fuel-IT Stage 2 bucket, ETS 7" FMIC, Er Chargepipe with HKS BOV,BMS OCC, Spec 3 Stage 3 clutch with SFW, KWv3's,F&R Sway bars, 335is engine mounts, MHD/JB4 Wedge Tune. AR Down *****, HPF Exhuast .Running e60.
(#9)
Old

Default 09-19-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdownX5M
Just waiting on your next thread! Something like this...
Bwhahahhahahahah! This post aged very well!

(#10)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 09-19-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135tii
@ Mike_L ---Did it ever occur that maybe the speeding limit was there before Cuomo, Diblasio, and Clinton? Did it ever occur we live in the state filled with the most stupid drivers who "don't pay attention because their too busy doing make up, drinking coffee, or "recording reckless BMW drivers'? did it ever occur u don't own the road? did it every occur that driving is a right and not a privilege ? Grow up bro, i can say this, because i know for a fact, i live here in NY and all i see is stupid drivers who do worse than us BMW drivers. All the skills can't prepare you for a dummy running into you. I speed everyday to and from work, if u want to do the same, pay attention, use Waze, and buy a great radar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81mDvEilD6c <--- prime example why we can't have nice things in NY bruh.........Have a nice day--- End of rant-- lol love you guys---- tata---- oh yeah, for the most part, every time the news or the Gov announces these crack downs- i barely see the state troopers out!
The speed limit was 30 before DiBlasio and Cuomo. Vision Zero is what killed driving here. Back when I had the 750Li, I had to charge the battery about once a week because creeping around at 25 didn't allow the alternator to charge it properly. But nobody thought about that when they came up with the law. The cars don't matter. They're just worried about the pedestrians who get run over because they're too busy on their phones and don't look before stepping into the street. Its always the drivers fault though, never the pedestrian's even though they're the ones that screwed up.

But, whatever. Doesn't matter anymore. In a month I'll be in Florida, a thousand miles away from Vision Zero, with 50mph street limits and 70 on the highway. NY can keep their BS. Won't mean a thing to me.

Mike Levy
(#11)
Old

Car: 2009 335XI
Default 09-19-2017, 01:24 PM

lol, I feel you, and i think Vision Zero was started because a kid darted out in traffic near the westside. And yes your right, it does drive me crazy, all you see is people on their phones when the street signs clearly say "walk", but they take their time as if they're the only people who matter or have somewhere to go.

Anyway, Good luck in Florida, be safe out there.

BMW 335xi 6speedM,CP rods, Cp- Pistons, VTT GC's, inlets and outlets, Fuel-IT Stage 2 bucket, ETS 7" FMIC, Er Chargepipe with HKS BOV,BMS OCC, Spec 3 Stage 3 clutch with SFW, KWv3's,F&R Sway bars, 335is engine mounts, MHD/JB4 Wedge Tune. AR Down *****, HPF Exhuast .Running e60.