N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: lexus
Default 02-20-2020, 10:39 PM

Hi guys, I just have the jb4 installed on my is300 fsport and did some logs on different maps, if I could have them looked at and custom tuned that would be much appreciated.

only other mod is K&N panel filter and running RON98 fuel.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map0n1.csv (6.2 KB, 77 views)
File Type: csv map0n2.csv (5.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: csv map1n3.csv (5.6 KB, 69 views)
File Type: csv map1n4.csv (7.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: csv map2n1.csv (6.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: csv map2n2.csv (5.9 KB, 79 views)
File Type: csv map5n1.csv (6.1 KB, 81 views)
File Type: csv map5n2.csv (5.3 KB, 79 views)
(#152)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2020, 11:29 AM

Runs look fine to me, you can stick wit map5 if its running well on your end.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#153)
Old

Default 02-21-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Runs look fine to me, you can stick wit map5 if its running well on your end.
Thanks Terry, I'm currently running on map 2 and will try map 5 now, if map 5 run well I'll stick on it, otherwise should I switch to map 2 or 1?

How many psi over stock is each above map requesting?
(#154)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2020, 02:20 PM

You can look at "target" in the log to see. Map5 is requesting 6psi over stock there but you're getting less than that due to the small factory turbo.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#155)
Old

Default 02-23-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can look at "target" in the log to see. Map5 is requesting 6psi over stock there but you're getting less than that due to the small factory turbo.
Hi Terry I have 2 other Lexus friends who are interesting in JB4, is the one I'm using universal to all Lexus models? They may try mine before made their decisions.

I have been using map 5 and so far so good. by comparing boosts in Map2 and Map5, they are both pulling around 13psi peak, since Map 5 isn't really pulling 6psi over stock due to factory turbo limitation. Is there any other differences between Map2 and Map 5?

Do I need to turn the engine off each time before switching between Maps? And what happen if the car was running without the OBD connector plug in?
(#156)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-24-2020, 11:33 AM

The application list is on our website, so you can see what the other models your JB4 is compatible with.

Stick with map 2 IMO.

No need to turn engine off, you can change maps on the fly while driving.
Without the OBD, car will revert to stage 1.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#157)
Old

Default 06-19-2020, 07:07 PM

JB4 Bluetooth Wireless Phone/Tablet Connection Rev 3.7 (Pinned Power Wire)

Is this the right one for my lexus JB4? I should get this bluetooth kit at the beginning.
(#158)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2020, 09:55 AM

Don't know, check the website which has photo of the two board types to see which JB4 mobile adapter you specifically need. But most likely it's the pinned power wire.

Burger Motorsports

(#159)
Old

Car: NX200t
Default 07-02-2020, 05:42 PM

Good Evening all. I just received my JB4 for my NX200t and installed it. Seems like a nice power bump, however is it normal for the in dash boost gauge to not show how much boost is actually there? Before the JB4 It was running on Sport mode up to 1.5 Bar, now it barely reaches 1 bar. I have not tried any other Maps yet. I have the AEM Cold Air intake, The HPS Hot Pipe and in a week or two adding the Apexi N1 Evolution Full *** Back Exhaust. Any suggestions before I start tuning? 93 Pump gas. It seems map 2 or 5 are the way to go?
(#160)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2020, 07:11 PM

Yes, the ECU will think it's making less boost than normal so that is expected. If you have a JB4 log we can confirm the tuning is working as it should be.

Burger Motorsports

(#161)
Old

Car: NX200t
Default 07-03-2020, 06:11 AM

Once I get out of the house today I will start some logs. Thanks.
(#162)
Old

Car: 2018 Lexus NX 300
Default 07-09-2020, 08:18 AM

I have a Lexus NX300 with a new JB4 with Bluetooth and the latest Firmware on the Mobile app.

I looks like I have 8 maps to choose from, my question is what is the difference between each map?... the info here seems to be older in some cases as my maps don’t seem to line up perfectly with some of the boost / target figures I’m seeing.

My “target’s” are showing up as:

Map 0 – Stock?
Map 1 – Target 3 (3 PSI?)
Map 2 – Target 4 (4 PSI?)
Map 3 – Target 5 (5 PSI?)
Map 4 – Target 5….?
Map 5 – Target 5….?
Map 6 – Target 2 (Custom by RPM?)
Map 7 – Target 6 (6 PSI?)
Map 8 – Target 3….?

Can anyone tell me what the current Maps are?
(#163)
Old

Car: 2018 Lexus NX 300
Default 07-09-2020, 10:41 AM

Also, what does the "Boost Safety" setting do?.... I'm using Map 2 with a Target of 4 and Boost Safety of 4 and my target still jumps up to 5 so I'm lost.
(#164)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2020, 05:00 PM

It's the min boost before the JB4 will disable, but I don't think it's enabled in the Lexus firmware yet, since over boosting has not been an issue at all with that tiny turbo.

Burger Motorsports