N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4526)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS AWD
Default 08-15-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What fuel? Ign has to go fairly low due to the 20psi hit here so that isn't necessarily surprising. But if this is just pump gas I think I'd evaluate lower boost levels.
Thanks Terry, Its 91 octane Shell v-power no ethanol with octane booster, but Iím also at 4,000 ft altitude. I do think itís the gas problem though, was using 94 octane has ethanol with no issues...

2018 Q50 RS AWD - Electric Indigo
JB4 Map 6
Megan LDP
Helmholtz Axle-back
BMS Elite Heat Exchanger
K&N Air Filter
Konig Ultraform 19x9, 35 offset
(#4527)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky777
Thanks Terry, Its 91 octane Shell v-power no ethanol with octane booster, but Iím also at 4,000 ft altitude. I do think itís the gas problem though, was using 94 octane has ethanol with no issues...
You might find map1 or map2 a better fit for you... Definitely test those.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4528)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 08-15-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Really old firmware, I'd update that.

As described the fuel wires let the JB4 run a leaner AFR more similar to the high 11s the flash maps target.
At the risk of sounding stupid, how do I update the firmware?
(#4529)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2019, 06:12 PM

Firmware and directions are in the JB4 post at the top of the first page.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4530)
Old

Car: infiniti
Default jb4 - 08-19-2019, 04:35 PM

I'm pretty new to this whole jb4 thing going on here
i currently
have installed
AEM intakes
JB4
CZP2.5 in D.P
MBRP 3in CBE

and run map 5

but i would like to hear some feed back on custom making?
anyone else with the same set up? what are you running across the board?
(#4531)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 08-19-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by issaStockQ
I'm pretty new to this whole jb4 thing going on he

...run map 5

but i would like to hear some feed back on custom making?
anyone else with the same set up? what are you running across the board?
Do you have a log handy to share for review?
What fuel are you using?
Silver Sport or Red Sport?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM3.5ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit
  • AMS LDP
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5Ē CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#4532)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 08-19-2019, 04:58 PM

My map depends on the weather/day. Monday through Friday, my work commute is all city and all traffic so Map 0. On weekends, if its 85 or below, Map 6. 86-90, Map 5. 91+ Map 1-3 depending on traffic

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#4533)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Firmware and directions are in the JB4 post at the top of the first page.
WRONG. I, now have a new computer, downloaded the JB4, and now can't even connect the car to the JB4. I keep getting a failed connection message. Let alone upgrade to the new firmware. Why don't you guys make things easy for those of us who are not computer savvy, then I will guide you through how to fix a hernia, know what I mean. This is so damn frustrating.
(#4534)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim2525
WRONG. I, now have a new computer, downloaded the JB4, and now can't even connect the car to the JB4. I keep getting a failed connection message. Let alone upgrade to the new firmware. Why don't you guys make things easy for those of us who are not computer savvy, then I will guide you through how to fix a hernia, know what I mean. This is so damn frustrating.
Da hell you using a computer for.. you download it on your phone

Did you even watch the Youtube video that literally shows you how to do it?

You must not realize the person that told you that information is the Burger of Burger Motorsports... tell me again how he's wrong

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#4535)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 07:11 AM

You realize that I don't care. I'm not paying 140 dollars for a mobile app when I just hook to my computer every once in a while. I say it again, maybe you aren't listening. Make it simple so that computer naÔve people like me, can go through it with ease. Download the JB4 app, connect, and you're good. I had to search all through my computer to find I have com3 port, not a com4 port, whatever the hell that is, and now have it connected. Now I have to download a hex file, only to get, which program do you want to open the file. Sorry man, but this is way beyond me, my stupidity with computers, but if you want I can guide you through taking out a gallbladder, its easy for me.
(#4536)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
You realize that I don't care. I'm not paying 140 dollars for a mobile app when I just hook to my computer every once in a while. I say it again, maybe you aren't listening. Make it simple so that computer naÔve people like me, can go through it with ease. Download the JB4 app, connect, and you're good. I had to search all through my computer to find I have com3 port, not a com4 port, whatever the hell that is, and now have it connected. Now I have to download a hex file, only to get, which program do you want to open the file. Sorry man, but this is way beyond me, my stupidity with computers, but if you want I can guide you through taking out a gallbladder, its easy for me.
Shouldn't have gone cheap.. I literally use my bluetooth interface with the JB4 phone app daily for my JB4. No idea how you plan to actually use it properly without the interface and phone app. You never plan to change maps, or data log? You don't want to change the boost by RPM settings on the fly? You don't wanna look at the pretty gauges?? Lol

Can't help ya, didn't realize you decided to fly blind. Good luck

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#4537)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Most people use the JB4 mobile app which is different than a computer. Did you follow the Windows computer directions? There is a video posted in there too. What step specifically there are you going off the rails?

If you're using a MAC BMS does not support that. There is a 3rd party app posted that people use but you'd have to contact them for support on it.

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - JB4 laptop connection directions

Burger Motorsports

(#4538)
Old

Car: q50
Default 08-21-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
You sound like such a ****in dud. Nobody help this fake ass registered nurse thinking hes a doctor and ill share my sauce map w you 😂
(#4539)
Old

Car: Red Sport 400
Default 08-21-2019, 10:42 AM

2019 Q50 RS AWD
BMS JB4 + FW/HEX
MR LDP's
12.19 @ 115.87 on 93 (Map 6)
(#4540)
Old

Default 08-21-2019, 10:47 AM

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#4541)
Old

Car: 2019 Infiniti Q50 sport AWD
Default 08-22-2019, 06:41 PM

Question for you JB4 experts. During track racing or racing from a dig what RPM does you all shift?

2019 Infiniti Q50 Silversport
JB4 with fuel wires, EWG wires,
HKS lower down P!pes
Burger tuning heat exchanger
(#4542)
Old

Car: Q50 Sport
Default 08-23-2019, 08:49 AM

Would someone take the time to check out my run? 20mph or so pull, Have HE/intake, LDP + Exhaust, JB4 and BOV. Iíve learned a lot from this forum but others seem more qualified at spotting things better than I can, this was map 5 with 93 Octane. Thanks!!
Attached Images

(#4543)
Old

Default 08-23-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy164
Question for you JB4 experts. During track racing or racing from a dig what RPM does you all shift?
I usually let it shift automatically, so like 6500-6700.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#4544)
Old

Default 08-23-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHagan90
Would someone take the time to check out my run? 20mph or so pull, Have HE/intake, LDP + Exhaust, JB4 and BOV. Iíve learned a lot from this forum but others seem more qualified at spotting things better than I can, this was map 5 with 93 Octane. Thanks!!
Looks ok. Usually you want to turn on both the channels and afr channels so you can make sure both banks are behaving similarly like you do with both boost channels.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#4545)
Old

Default 08-24-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Looks ok. Usually you want to turn on both the channels and afr channels so you can make sure both banks are behaving similarly like you do with both boost channels.
Thanks for letting me know, I added the other AFR and they were both very consistent. The one thing Iím getting the hang of reading is the timing, that looks good on this run? I know Ive got to keep an eye on it climbing after each drop but thatís as much as I know

2018 Q50 SS, JB4, HKS BOV, AMS HE/Intake, MR LDP, MR Y, Tanabe Mid, Infiniti Axle back
(#4546)
Old

Default 08-24-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know, I added the other AFR and they were both very consistent. The one thing Iím getting the hang of reading is the timing, that looks good on this run? I know Ive got to keep an eye on it climbing after each drop but thatís as much as I know
Basically look out for either repeated drops or 1 large drop and I also watch for really low timing like less than 5 degrees

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#4547)
Old

Default 08-24-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Basically look out for either repeated drops or 1 large drop and I also watch for really low timing like less than 5 degrees
So each time it drops, my car is shifting correct? It should be rising after each drop? When you say 5 degrees, it looks like it did drop past five twice. I plan on keeping my car as long as it lasts and I just want to make sure I’m not running too much map, I hear of people running 7 on 93 but I won’t go past 5 personally, it seems like my map 6 isn’t nearly as fast despite running more boost, I see everyone say how you should taper after 5k rpm range but map 6 is noticeable slower, not sure why...

2018 Q50 SS, JB4, HKS BOV, AMS HE/Intake, MR LDP, MR Y, Tanabe Mid, Infiniti Axle back
(#4548)
Old

Default 08-24-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
So each time it drops, my car is shifting correct? It should be rising after each drop? When you say 5 degrees, it looks like it did drop past five twice. I plan on keeping my car as long as it lasts and I just want to make sure Iím not running too much map, I hear of people running 7 on 93 but I wonít go past 5 personally, it seems like my map 6 isnít nearly as fast despite running more boost, I see everyone say how you should taper after 5k rpm range but map 6 is noticeable slower, not sure why...
No, ignore the drops right at the shift, that is torque management kicking in to protect the transmission. As far as boost what's your map 6 set to?

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#4549)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 08-24-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
So each time it drops, my car is shifting correct? It should be rising after each drop? When you say 5 degrees, it looks like it did drop past five twice. I plan on keeping my car as long as it lasts and I just want to make sure Iím not running too much map, I hear of people running 7 on 93 but I wonít go past 5 personally, it seems like my map 6 isnít nearly as fast despite running more boost, I see everyone say how you should taper after 5k rpm range but map 6 is noticeable slower, not sure why...
I was running Map 7 with an E30 fuel blend - logs didnít look great on straight 93 and I dropped down to Map 5. Post BMS WMI - itís Map 8 !!

BMS WMI

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM3.5ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit
  • AMS LDP
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5Ē CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#4550)
Old

Default 08-25-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
No, ignore the drops right at the shift, that is torque management kicking in to protect the transmission. As far as boost what's your map 6 set to?
My map 6
Attached Images