Default 12-25-2018, 01:52 PM

Terry @ BMS thanks I will definitely invest in one
(#3327)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 12-25-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
I was also shocked at how thin the factory recommends the oil....but I'm going to change it more often and stick with what they recommend until out of warranty.
Yeah i usually Change it every 5K miles even though i use Royal purple oil and filter, even though the filter says 15K miles i still change it when i change the oil

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#3328)
Old

Car: 18 infiniti Q50 sport
Default 1st time user - 12-26-2018, 08:37 PM

Hey guys,
I have a 2018 infinti Q50 sport I have the JB4 tune installed but not sure if the jb4 is up to date... Can anyone plz help.. Thanks
(#3329)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 12-26-2018, 09:41 PM

Thatís what my jb4 came with installed and thatís the old version and I got mine a week ago
Attached Images

(#3330)
Old

Default 12-26-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesQ50
Hey guys,
I have a 2018 infinti Q50 sport I have the JB4 tune installed but not sure if the jb4 is up to date... Can anyone plz help.. Thanks
Go to the first page of this section and scroll down and youíll see where they post the latest firmware for the Jb4 for the Q50. Now if your talking about the app, just check for updates on your phone in the App Store

(#3331)
Old

Default 12-26-2018, 10:54 PM

Oh okay, thanks.. Appreciate..
(#3332)
Old

Car: q50
Default 12-27-2018, 08:59 AM

1st kill....135i convertible. He got the jump and after I heard him then I went. Immediately stopped his pull and drove away Map 2. Shocked the owner who gave a thumbs up at the next light
(#3333)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 12-27-2018, 02:18 PM

Terry - Is there an "Anti-Lag" feature equivalent potential for the VR30 platform?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM3.5ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit
  • AMS LDP
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5Ē CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#3334)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2018, 05:51 PM

Not currently, hopefully once flashing opens up from wider sources where we can publish free flash maps to go with the JB4 like we do for other platforms.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3335)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 12-27-2018, 09:31 PM

Hey Terry @ BMS,

Would you be willing to share the difficulties you are facing developing for the platform? I love the JB4 and you saw my dyno graphs on what were capable of, and also where the JB4 falls short. I know you've managed to get fueling control, ignition timing correction, and other features on other cars that were released and developed for much later than the VR30.

Is there anything we can be doing to help out? I'd really like to see JB4 get the full range of features but if it's not going to be possible on our cars / not currently in development it may be time to jump ship for me and get Ecutek. We haven't received an update in several months I'm starting to lose hope.
(#3336)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
Hey Terry @ BMS,

Would you be willing to share the difficulties you are facing developing for the platform? I love the JB4 and you saw my dyno graphs on what were capable of, and also where the JB4 falls short. I know you've managed to get fueling control, ignition timing correction, and other features on other cars that were released and developed for much later than the VR30.

Is there anything we can be doing to help out? I'd really like to see JB4 get the full range of features but if it's not going to be possible on our cars / not currently in development it may be time to jump ship for me and get Ecutek. We haven't received an update in several months I'm starting to lose hope.
Our objective with the VR30 platform isn't to have JB4 only cars fully compete with custom flash map performance. It's to provide a flexible tuning solution that dramatically increases performance close to flash levels, economical, flexible, reliable, easy to use, and is easy to install and remove without a trace. There is a large segment of this market that leased their vehicles or are concerned about warranty and don't want the permanent traces left behind in the vehicle that occur when flashing it.

For those who are heavily modified and want more performance than we're able to provide JB4 only I'd suggest they flash it. At that point no one is really concerned about lease returns or warranty anyway. Once flashed the JB4 remains a very useful tool for fine tuning on the fly, boost by gear for launches, WMI control, full time logging to your smart phone, etc. It sounds like you're in this second group so go ahead and flash it. The next round of development on the VR30 JB4 will be for these highly modified cars that are already flashed.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3337)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 12-28-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Our objective with the VR30 platform isn't to have JB4 only cars fully compete with custom flash map performance. It's to provide a flexible tuning solution that dramatically increases performance close to flash levels, economical, flexible, reliable, easy to use, and is easy to install and remove without a trace. There is a large segment of this market that leased their vehicles or are concerned about warranty and don't want the permanent traces left behind in the vehicle that occur when flashing it.

For those who are heavily modified and want more performance than we're able to provide JB4 only I'd suggest they flash it. At that point no one is really concerned about lease returns or warranty anyway. Once flashed the JB4 remains a very useful tool for fine tuning on the fly, boost by gear for launches, WMI control, full time logging to your smart phone, etc. It sounds like you're in this second group so go ahead and flash it. The next round of development on the VR30 JB4 will be for these highly modified cars that are already flashed.
Got it, thanks for the honest response! I was just thinking we'd be getting similar features to what the Stinger/C43 and BMW engines seem to get on JB4. I guess our architecture is much different and therefore harder to develop piggyback solutions for.
(#3338)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
Got it, thanks for the honest response! I was just thinking we'd be getting similar features to what the Stinger/C43 and BMW engines seem to get on JB4. I guess our architecture is much different and therefore harder to develop piggyback solutions for.
We provide as much as we can given what the platform safely allows and what we need to achieve the intended performance gains. Certain connection points and logic paths that are on say the C43 or Stinger are not present or practical to reach on the VR30.

I have been toying around with EWG control lately and hope to make a break through which will further improve performance potential JB4 only, and really help customers running larger turbos (flashed or not), but haven't made that break through yet. While working on that I've been making adjustments to throttle mapping, boost by gear, WMI control and other little things that everyone will enjoy. Expect a VR30 JB4 firmware update in a week or two.

Burger Motorsports

(#3339)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Premium AWD
Default 2017 Q60 Premium AWD Dyno - 12-28-2018, 12:31 PM

I have a 2017 Q60 Premium AWD and have had the JB4/Stage 1 installed for about 6 months at +6 on 93 without any issues. Today I took it to the Dyno (Dynojet) to check with and without JB.

Runfile 001 & 003 is the first and second runs with the JB4/Stage 1 installed.
Runfile 004 is stock with the JB4/Stage 1 removed.

Runs were done in 4th gear with Traction Control off.

Only changes from stock are K&N filters and the Helmholtz Sport exhaust.

I'm not sure what to think about the Dyno results. Tuner said the "squiggles" are due to the AWD system.

I was expecting better numbers on both the stock and with JB runs.

Please take a look and let me know your thoughts.
Attached Images

(#3340)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2018, 03:39 PM

Looks like a really nice power gain. Is it a JB4 or a Stage1? If it's a JB4 did you data log the runs?

On the squiggles it's from tires bouncing on the dyno, common issue on AWD dynojets.

Burger Motorsports

(#3341)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Premium AWD
Default 12-28-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks like a really nice power gain. Is it a JB4 or a Stage1? If it's a JB4 did you data log the runs?

On the squiggles it's from tires bouncing on the dyno, common issue on AWD dynojets.
Itsís A Stage 1 at +6. Donít your charts show 368whp on 93?

Thanks.
(#3342)
Old

Default 12-28-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q60NH
I have a 2017 Q60 Premium AWD and have had the JB4/Stage 1 installed for about 6 months at +6 on 93 without any issues. Today I took it to the Dyno (Dynojet) to check with and without JB.

Runfile 001 & 003 is the first and second runs with the JB4/Stage 1 installed.
Runfile 004 is stock with the JB4/Stage 1 removed.

Runs were done in 4th gear with Traction Control off.

Only changes from stock are K&N filters and the Helmholtz Sport exhaust.

I'm not sure what to think about the Dyno results. Tuner said the "squiggles" are due to the AWD system.

I was expecting better numbers on both the stock and with JB runs.

Please take a look and let me know your thoughts.
Thanks for sharing this. At least i get an idea of what my car does to the wheels on a AWD running 93. Even though i use a JB4, but when i did have a Stage 1 i was also running +6 on just 93. I beat a 2015 C400 just with the stage 1

(#3343)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q60NH
Its’s A Stage 1 at +6. Don’t your charts show 368whp on 93?

Thanks.
Numbers look good for Stage1. We made more power stock too at 292whp. Dynos are just tuning tools and they can all read differently, especially an AWD dynojet. So main thing to look at is the overall gain.

Burger Motorsports

(#3344)
Old

Default 12-28-2018, 10:51 PM

Terry, are you guys affiliated with anyone in New York City that does a Dino for Jb4 so they can custom map 6 for max performance??

(#3345)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-29-2018, 02:55 PM

Added new firmware to the first post for testing. Short log showing what the high fuel pressure values look like on our 2019 Q50. I also did the run on map6 w/ all values set to 0psi to showcase how boost by gear lets you target less than stock boost now. Very useful upgrade.

JB4_Q50_OBDII_5:

1) Adjusted boost by gear to allow targeting of less than the factory (or flashed) boost target. For example a 1st gear setting of 6psi will reduce boost in 1st gear by 6psi regardless of the JB4 boost target. Very useful for those using JB4 in conjunction with flash maps that have higher boost targets.
2) Added map8 for progressive water/meth (WMI) control. Boost is held at stock levels until WMI is flowing to avoid tip in knock, boost is increased as a function of WMI flow, so that if there is a flow issue due to mechanical issue (leak, electrical failure, run out of fluid), boost will safely transition down to stock levels avoiding serious engine knock.
3) Added high fuel pressure logging under FP_H parameter. Scaling is 1 = 150psi.
4) Added high fuel pressure "target" under FP_L parameter with similar scaling. Useful for evaluating the new parameter FP_H under various power levels, fuels, and conditions. Later we'll figure out how to add actual low fuel pressure to this parameter.
5) Adjusted map3 so it's now blend of map3 and map5.
6) Adjusted map7 for increased boost target at lower engine speeds.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3346)
Old

Default 12-29-2018, 03:28 PM

Very nice - updated my JB4 - will do a run ASAP. The Map 8 option addition could make a person dream a VR30 WMI kit in on the way ?!?

Also - Has anyone tried out the Fuel-IT Ethanol Sensor Kit ? How would this work with the JB4 ?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM3.5ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit
  • AMS LDP

Last edited by jrobohm; 12-29-2018 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: Typo
(#3347)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-29-2018, 04:38 PM

We're working on a plug and play WMI kit, and the JB4 is fully compatible with the Fuel-IT ethanol sensor kit.

Burger Motorsports

(#3348)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default Anyone tried these yet? - 12-29-2018, 06:22 PM

Has anyone tried these yet? Dyno results? Debating on adding the to my stock aut box with K&N's but I want to see some results first.

Name:  Screenshot_20181229-201916_Chrome.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  77.7 KB

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3349)
Old

Default 12-29-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Has anyone tried these yet? Dyno results? Debating on adding the to my stock aut box with K&N's but I want to see some results first.
Cannot vouch for any dyno improvements but can say with the BMS CAI I am pleased. The driver side install is fairly easy - bracket is not needed as these are ridged. The passenger side is another story - much more challenging to install with the PCV - alignment takes awhile - again the bracket is not needed.

Note: Scan back in the chat for a detailed set of comments on the inlets. These can be used with the stock air boxes but there are some tweaks required. With the BMS CAI the install is more straight forward.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM3.5ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit
  • AMS LDP

Last edited by jrobohm; 12-29-2018 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: Add stock box comments
(#3350)
Old

Default Tune setup - 12-29-2018, 06:53 PM

Hey guys, i was just curious if anyone wanna share how your custom tune is setup or what not. I kinda wanna get a few ideas of where to start instead of just running the default map.
I was reading through and i seen people talking about running map 1 thru 6 with plus 4 thru 6 psi. So im assuming you can change the boost safety even though your running diff maps other than map 3.. Sorry still learning this jb4 tune.. Thanks.