N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Shift Sector 10/27/19 Results - 10-27-2019, 08:05 PM

Back from another fun but long day at Coalinga Raceway for shift sector.

Temperature wasn't too bad today with temps mostly in the 70s but the wind conditions were intermittently awful blowing dust everywhere. Definitely a good day to be racing an AWD vehicle!

Steve@Fuel-IT was out and took the honor behind the wheel of our F90 M5 running a JB4, BMS intake, race gas mix, and prototype quick install meth kit. Best of the day was 162mph and we got a lot of great data on the new WMI kit.

Angie@Fuel-IT was racing their new S58 X4M with JB4 and race gas mix, and racked up quite a kill list. Best of 152mph which is moving for this tank!

Jason@BMS brought our new factory stock 2019 C7 ZR1 Corvette with a BMS drop in filter as the only mod, also running a race gas mix, and managed a best of 168.79mph. The ZR1 killed it. Can't wait to start tuning it.

Ando@BMS brought our AMG C63 running JB4, BMS intake, BMS WMI kit, and ran a best of 154.75mph. Meth disabled was ~149mph so it made for a nice delta there.

Payam@BMS was relegated to his "backup" car as the 911 broke down just before the event, fortunately when your backup car is a single turbo 335i you're going to be just fine. He ran a best of ~163mph @ 24psi and I think set an N54 record for most number of track passes in a day WITHOUT a misfire code.

Jeff@BMS had our Alfa Quadrifoglio out with a JB4 BETA and a race gas mix, and ran a best of ~148mph. Ran pretty solid all day and also collected a lot of great development data for us.

Finally I was out having fun in our tune only 2019 TTRS. Intended to work on JB4 w/ flash development but hit a fuel pressure snag at higher boost levels that prevented me from getting the data I wanted. On a race gas mix it ran 145mph on the APR "93 octane" map, 151mph on the "APR 100 octane" map, and then 153mph on the "APR 100 octane" map + the JB4 adding around 2psi. Unfortunately the AFR targets on the APR maps are so rich I wasn't able to further increase boost without the JB4 fuel pressure safety triggering which was quite a bummer as there is just so much more potential in the car. I'll have the JB4's fuel control connection (fuel pressure & O2 sensor bias) in place for next event for sure to lean out that AFR.

Will update the thread with more details and photos later!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
administartor

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 10-27-2019, 11:34 PM

My first time at the track with the ZR1. Just broke 900 miles on it when I arrived. Some good results today with just the BMS C7 drop in performance air filter and race gas.

More info on the fitler here: https://burgertuning.com/products/co...ormance-filter

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-28-2019, 11:47 AM

No videos or pictures from me. Car has a bad 1-2 trans so all my stuff was just for trap speed, I lost to everyone across the line.

Ms109 and e85 mix, car ran flawless. No need to tow the car either, drove it 200 miles each way.
I had it full with 2 helmets, 2 tents, 2 tables, 6 chairs, 20 gallons of E85 (4pales), my jack, and tools. Love my 335i.

Will have to fix the Porsche up and get her to 200mph in the half I guess

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#4)
Old

Car: 430i
Default 10-28-2019, 03:43 PM

That was fun even with the slight sandblasting of our faces! The Alfa with some drags will do more damage next time. It over powers the rear tires big time. 150 MPH easy next time around! It was spin city every time I took off, and if I tried to let off it would bog. Still happy with the times and speed!
(#5)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo QV
Default 10-28-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff @ BMS
That was fun even with the slight sandblasting of our faces! The Alfa with some drags will do more damage next time. It over powers the rear tires big time. 150 MPH easy next time around! It was spin city every time I took off, and if I tried to let off it would bog. Still happy with the times and speed!
Great stuff Jeff. Happy to read this. Yeah, the JB4 map 2, easily overwhelms the OEM Corsa’s.
(#6)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 10-29-2019, 11:08 AM

First time racing the C63 AMG. It run flawlessly and was very fun to drive.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#7)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 11-15-2019, 02:20 AM

great guys ... keep it up !

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
10.64 @129mph N55 World Record ~ Drag Track online set up on instagram @luchocampusano @speedmotoringsolutions ➡