N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#6151)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 10-06-2021, 04:01 AM

Alpha50 - Timing looks good. I found that Map 5 to be dialed in well for a Non RS model. I have tried Map 6 targets that replicate it but just a bit higher boost, but it does not seem to run as well as the stock map 5.

One thing I am still trying to understand better is the Trims number. I believe yours are maxed out most of your pull - value of 44. I believe this means the car is delivering the most fuel it can. Your Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) is still on the rich side so I think you are still OK, but might be helpful if someone on the Burger team can look at it and explain how we should read it.

One item about Octane booster products. I know of one called Booostane that Q owners have concerns about fouling plugs, valves and cats. Not sure about other boosters from a can - maybe research it or post it on the Q50 forum to get opinions. Most recommendations I see about increasing Octane involve use of Ethanol, which is safe if you keep the ratio relatively low. To run a high % Ethanol some fuel delivery modifications have to be made.
(#6152)
Old

Default 10-06-2021, 06:02 AM

Map 5 is dialed in pretty well for a non RS Model. I have tried to replicate Map 5 with just a bit more boost into Map 6, but my car always seems to just run better on Map 5.

Your timing looks good on the pull. I am still learning about how to read the Trims data. Yours seems to be maxed out (Value of 44) for most of the pull. Your Air/Fuel (AFR) seems to be OK though, and even on the rich side, so don't think it is a concern. Would be good to get a comment from someone at BMS on the Trims and how to read them and spot concerns.

Regarding the Octane Boosters out of a can. I think you need to be careful I know Boostane has been discussed and it is known to foul plugs, and maybe valves and Cats. Not sure about other boosters out of a can, but you might want to research them further or post on the Q50 forum to get opinions.
(#6153)
Old

Car: 2017 AWD Q50
Default 10-06-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
Alpha50 - Timing looks good. I found that Map 5 to be dialed in well for a Non RS model. I have tried Map 6 targets that replicate it but just a bit higher boost, but it does not seem to run as well as the stock map 5.

One thing I am still trying to understand better is the Trims number. I believe yours are maxed out most of your pull - value of 44. I believe this means the car is delivering the most fuel it can. Your Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) is still on the rich side so I think you are still OK, but might be helpful if someone on the Burger team can look at it and explain how we should read it.

One item about Octane booster products. I know of one called Booostane that Q owners have concerns about fouling plugs, valves and cats. Not sure about other boosters from a can - maybe research it or post it on the Q50 forum to get opinions. Most recommendations I see about increasing Octane involve use of Ethanol, which is safe if you keep the ratio relatively low. To run a high % Ethanol some fuel delivery modifications have to be made.
Iím not for sure but my fuel trims are most likely maxed out because Iím running E30, it was the only option I had to make good power living here in CA. It seems with this fuel set up it just loves boost. Iím just trying to get those few extra HPs, Iím not sure I fully understand map 6 anyway. Lol
(#6154)
Old

Default 10-06-2021, 08:12 AM

Yep, no doubt the E content is upping your trims. Just want to make sure that you don't run out of fuel delivery capacity and run too lean on AFR. AFR still looked OK on the logs, but if you go more boost, it will need more fuel so just need to keep an eye on it I think.
(#6155)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50S
Default 10-08-2021, 09:36 PM

Yeah i agree with jcb, and to also read previous pages like even possibly the last 10 and pickup the way that you should log. Like for example in that log you went WOT for like not even 4/5 seconds. I won’t retype it here cause between admins and me and jcb we have said it like 30 times. But for all new people the best way to learn for yourself is reading this forums a lot of the things we are all going to be giving you feedback on we read ourselves. Hope this didn’t come out weird (like a Dick), never my intentions love helping where I can love this platform and what they have offered to me.
(#6156)
Old

Default 10-09-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentQ
Yeah i agree with jcb, and to also read previous pages like even possibly the last 10 and pickup the way that you should log. Like for example in that log you went WOT for like not even 4/5 seconds. I wonít retype it here cause between admins and me and jcb we have said it like 30 times. But for all new people the best way to learn for yourself is reading this forums a lot of the things we are all going to be giving you feedback on we read ourselves. Hope this didnít come out weird (like a Dick), never my intentions love helping where I can love this platform and what they have offered to me.
Not sure if your reply is to me but 3rd gear from 2k to red line should only take you 4-5 secís or less, My pulls are done on a freeway on ramp and reach speeds of 86mph at red line. Thatís a few mphís faster then what Iíve seen in most the 3rd gear pulls posted. 4th gear in my opinion is not safe to log on a public road.
(#6157)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 10-11-2021, 09:17 AM

hey everyone. would you mind checking my map 1 log?

also what the easiest way to save and post logs from iphone?

2019 q50 silver sport
93 octane
no mods

waiting to install fuel lines
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv log 2 excel file.csv (22.9 KB, 14 views)
(#6158)
Old

Default 10-12-2021, 02:06 PM

I have a good map 6 for E30 mix only, live in CA so E30 for the win. Both 8 and 9 psi. 9 being the limit. Will most likely take some mods to run efficiently. (Well with in the Stillen report) Will post after dyno pulls. FYI I am AWD, RWD will most likely have massive wheel spin. Lol ��

Last edited by Alpha50; 10-12-2021 at 02:14 PM..
(#6159)
Old

Default 10-13-2021, 07:31 AM

JCB i know you already replied to this in the other thread but i wanted more visibility and see if anyone else has a comment about the log.

Terry or anyone else? any thoughts on this map 5 run?
Attached Files
File Type: csv log 2.csv (9.4 KB, 10 views)

2019 Q50 Silver Sport
JB4
(#6160)
Old

Default 10-13-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSU
JCB i know you already replied to this in the other thread but i wanted more visibility and see if anyone else has a comment about the log.

Terry or anyone else? any thoughts on this map 5 run?
Looks good to me but clearly I donít work for BMS. Lol
(#6161)
Old

Default 10-13-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha50
Looks good to me but clearly I donít work for BMS. Lol
haha any and all feedback is appreciated. the trims look a little high so i just did a log on map 4.
Attached Images

2019 Q50 Silver Sport
JB4
(#6162)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 10-13-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSU
haha any and all feedback is appreciated. the trims look a little high so i just did a log on map 4.
Get the fuel wires installed. Trims are maxed out and AFR's go lean at tip in but not affecting AFRs mid run and up top as those could stand to be a little leaner anyway. Otherwise the log looks normal.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6163)
Old

Default 10-13-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Get the fuel wires installed. Trims are maxed out and AFR's go lean at tip in but not affecting AFRs mid run and up top as those could stand to be a little leaner anyway. Otherwise the log looks normal.
thanks steve! once thats done i'll log another run.

2019 Q50 Silver Sport
JB4
(#6164)
Old

Car: 2019 INFINITI Q60 Luxe
Default New JB4 Owner - 10-16-2021, 06:48 PM

Please take a look and let me know if everything looks ok.

Just installed my JB4 and did a log of 4 pulls on Map 3 using 91 gas with a 16oz can of Royal Purple Maxx Octane to bump it to 93+. First pull I didn't shift... LOL I was more concerned with getting the log started. Next 3 I got a couple shifts each. Let me know if this is clean data and enough to determine if everything is ok.

FWIW- I love the performance already. Just want to make sure I won't break anything.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M3_R4_211016_1741.csv (43.8 KB, 14 views)
(#6165)
Old

Default 10-17-2021, 07:08 AM

Looks like the car is pulling timing. Fuel additive is not doing it for you. Can you get true 93 octane? If not, many have had success mixing in a bit of E85 to raise the octane. Generally the octane boost out of a bottle is frowned upon and looks like its not doing the job for you anyway. Many believe the additives can foul plugs and other components.
For now I would back down the boost to map 1 until you can clear that tank of gas and try again.
(#6166)
Old

Default 10-18-2021, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
Looks like the car is pulling timing. Fuel additive is not doing it for you. Can you get true 93 octane? If not, many have had success mixing in a bit of E85 to raise the octane. Generally the octane boost out of a bottle is frowned upon and looks like its not doing the job for you anyway. Many believe the additives can foul plugs and other components.
For now I would back down the boost to map 1 until you can clear that tank of gas and try again.
Thanks for that. Im in Vegas and we only have 91 or 100. I will blow through this tank and try again with some E25 mixture to get the octane bump. I'll post when I have a fresh tank. Thanks for the help.
(#6167)
Old

Car: 18 Q50 RS
Default 10-19-2021, 08:03 AM

Anyone from BMS able to take a look at how flat/low the timing is here? Does this look ok?
Attached Images

(#6168)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 10-19-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Lewis
Anyone from BMS able to take a look at how flat/low the timing is here? Does this look ok?
Please upload the CSV file for review.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6169)
Old

Default 10-19-2021, 12:32 PM

Sure thing, here you go.

Some more info...2018 RS, 93 octane, map 6 + FW (3k +1, 3.5k +3, 4k +4, 4.5k +3, 5k +2.5, 5.5k +2.5, 6k +1.5, 6.5k +1)
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R1_211016_1434 (1).csv (27.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Darren Lewis; 10-19-2021 at 02:10 PM..
(#6170)
Old

Default 10-19-2021, 07:22 PM

OK reloaded with 4 gal of E85 and 16 gal of 91. The math says that's E25. I did 4 pulls. The last was kind of weak, I ran out of road.

First Pull was on Map 0 just for a baseline.

Second Pull was on Map 2 Again for baseline.

Third and Fourth were on Map 3 to see if I can run it on this mixture.

Couple questions, I realized as I was pulling back into the garage that I had the ETC on for all of these. Does the traction control ruin the pulls for assessment?

Can you run E30 full time without a Flex Fuel Kit being necessary?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M0_R4_211019_1833.csv (57.7 KB, 5 views)
(#6171)
Old

Default 10-20-2021, 09:09 AM

finally got fuel wires installed and did a map 2 log.

let me know how it looks, thanks again guys!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv map 2 fuel wires.csv (37.2 KB, 6 views)

2019 Q50 Silver Sport
JB4
(#6172)
Old

Default 10-20-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31Jeffe
OK reloaded with 4 gal of E85 and 16 gal of 91. The math says that's E25. I did 4 pulls. The last was kind of weak, I ran out of road.

Couple questions, I realized as I was pulling back into the garage that I had the ETC on for all of these. Does the traction control ruin the pulls for assessment?

Can you run E30 full time without a Flex Fuel Kit being necessary?
I’ve been running E30 mix for some time. It is the maximum your stock fuel system can handle. Long term use may claim your hpfp do to maxing fuel trims ie you high pressure fuel pump. Also there is no way to know your E count in tank with out 1st testing the ethanol content you are receiving from the pump. example: the station down the street here has 90% E85, some test at 80 or as low as 75 I’ve seen.
(#6173)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50S
Default 10-20-2021, 09:07 PM

What did you do to have only these parameters show, very cool!!
(#6174)
Old

Default 10-21-2021, 07:48 AM

Are you referring to the log I posted?
(#6175)
Old

Default 10-21-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31Jeffe

?
The Map 0 log looked great except for one anomaly - at time stamp 37 the timing goes to 0.5 from 11 in the previous time stamp. It immediately goes back to looking great. Have not seen that before so hope that is just a fluke.

Map 2 log - Timing looks great to me. Concern is that fuel trim is maxed for much of the pull. In 3rd gear AFR looked a little lean. Later in the pull, AFR richened to what is normal to see without fuel wires.

Map 3 log - Timing looks good. Trims are not maxed as much as the map 2. The AFR is still a little lean in 3rd gear but it catches up to "normal" faster than the map 2 pull.

2nd Map 3 pull - looks great except for another timing anomaly at timestamp 638.75. Ign1 value dropped from 15 all the way down to 5.5. Usually a big sudden drop like that would indicate a knock event. The 15 seemed high to me though and 5.5 is not necessarily a bad number to see in the middle of a pull. Its just the sudden change in the value that is throwing me. The timing recovered quickly to 9.5 and looked normal to me the rest of the pull. Trims were high again but maxed less and AFR looks improved further.

I don't know what to recommend to you at this point. My novice advice would be to back down the E content slightly to help with the trims/AFR. Hope someone from BMS looks at this and can tell you if you should be concerned about the couple of timing anomalies.