(#401)
Old

Car: 340i xDrive MPPSK
Default 11-26-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolo1102
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
I can't find how to do the following:

"3) Set FUD bit6 to on in the JB4 settings. JB4 then knows you're on a flash tune."

Do they refer to the mobile app (JB4 Mobile)? because in settings I can't find the FUD option.

Thank you very much.
See my post up above on November 18th. I had the same issue.
"In the latest JB4 revision, the "Future Use D" section isn't clearly called out. You just click "View" next to "Options" under Future Use A and then select the 6th unlabeled option to "ON".
(#402)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 11-28-2019, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme
See my post up above on November 18th. I had the same issue.
"In the latest JB4 revision, the "Future Use D" section isn't clearly called out. You just click "View" next to "Options" under Future Use A and then select the 6th unlabeled option to "ON".
Exactly... I use the laptop to tune/adjust. There, FUD is clear and labeled. On Bluetooth, Mr. Supreme has you covered. Best of luck to you.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
CA 91 Piss Gas...
(8oz Boostane 95ish Oct)
E85 (2Gal/Fill)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 45... 19-20psi)
(#403)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 12-11-2019, 12:00 PM

ive just checked the BEF download folder and see there are a few updated maps and also some new ones, they are all self explanatory except for the race_scalar map. what would this be used for?
(#404)
Old

Car: BMW F30 LCI 320i 2017
Default 12-22-2019, 12:32 PM

Does keeping the JB4 connected on map 0/1 induce lag to the ECU?
I suppose is not the same to have the sensors directly connected to the ECU than its signal being intervened and processed by the JB4, even if its mirroring their signals on map 0.
If I want to keep JB4 only for logging, can I disconnect the sensor and connect it only to the OBD port?
Thanks.
(#405)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeIII
Does keeping the JB4 connected on map 0/1 induce lag to the ECU?
I suppose is not the same to have the sensors directly connected to the ECU than its signal being intervened and processed by the JB4, even if its mirroring their signals on map 0.
If I want to keep JB4 only for logging, can I disconnect the sensor and connect it only to the OBD port?
Thanks.
It does not. The JB4 processes the signals faster than the ECU is reading them. If it didn't the ECU would throw fault codes for a "lazy sensor".

MAP connection (rainbow plug) required to power up the JB4 for logging.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#406)
Old

Car: 2016 340i RWD
Default 01-03-2020, 07:16 AM

How does the BEF compare to an MHD OTS Stage 2 in terms of power and gains? catted Downp, intake.
(#407)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3vr6
How does the BEF compare to an MHD OTS Stage 2 in terms of power and gains? catted Downp, intake.
With the JB4 + BEF you have several maps you can select via the JB4 mobile app or in dash. Some weaker and some stronger than the OTS MHD maps. I'd have to see the JB4 logs to suggest what map is the best fit for the car, fuel, and conditions.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#408)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeOfDeath
Will this B58 work on the new B58-t0 like Supra or M340 ?
Yes we have BEF maps for the new applications! We've got a 2020 M340 development car, will post some dyno stuff in the coming weeks.

Burger Motorsports

(#409)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 340ix
Default 01-04-2020, 09:42 AM

I have a stock 2016 BMW 340ix with only the JB4 module added and using 92 octane fuel.
What map and what firmware update should I be running?
Thanks,
John
(#410)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2020, 09:20 PM

Load up the RACE BEF, JB4 latest firmware v14 map2, and post the log!

Burger Motorsports

(#411)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 340ix
Default 01-04-2020, 11:42 PM

What is the RACE BEF and what does it do?
I'm really a newbie at this.

Thanks,
(#412)
Old

Car: BMW F30 LCI 320i 2017
Default 01-05-2020, 09:07 AM

How do you see this log?

Car: 2017 320i, B48 engine, downp., fuel shell vpower 98 ron (about 91.5 octanes). Flashed with stage 2, 91 octane map.

Fuel pressure is ok. I searched at real OEM and HPFP from the B48 4 cylinder seems to be the same than the one for the B58 6 cylinder engine ( part # 13517642466)

So the fuel pump should be enought for the b48 having the b48 2/3 of the size and power of the the b58?

Thanks. Jorge.
(#413)
Old

Car: Bmw 340i
Default 01-11-2020, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Load up the RACE BEF, JB4 latest firmware v14 map2, and post the log!
I got my cpi kit terry Iím ready !!
(#414)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-11-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric97h
I got my cpi kit terry Iím ready !!
Start a new thread once you install it and post some pictures!

I'll help you with dialing it in and setting it up

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#415)
Old

Default 01-13-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Start a new thread once you install it and post some pictures!

I'll help you with dialing it in and setting it up
Hey I tried personal messaging you but it says I canít cuZ you have to many messages is there any other way of contacting you social media email etc ? So I can see what ro installing setting up and dialing in this kit Sunday
(#416)
Old

Car: Bmw F30
Default 01-13-2020, 11:20 PM

Hello, how can l flash BEF on Bm3? That what l have read is download BEF file tune to bm3 then flash with full flash. That is all l have to do?
Any advice would be appreciated.
(#417)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-14-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric97h
Hey I tried personal messaging you but it says I canít cuZ you have to many messages is there any other way of contacting you social media email etc ? So I can see what ro installing setting up and dialing in this kit Sunday
Emailing me is the fastest way.

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#418)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-14-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic 88
Hello, how can l flash BEF on Bm3? That what l have read is download BEF file tune to bm3 then flash with full flash. That is all l have to do?
Any advice would be appreciated.
You need to contact BM3.

The flash that we provide is for MHD.

Burger Motorsports

(#419)
Old

Default 01-14-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You need to contact BM3.

The flash that we provide is for MHD.
Thank you. Payam. I asked a question above because l have seen some guys he flashed the Jb4 backend flash on bm3 but l could not find the thread. Anyway Thank you.
(#420)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2020, 06:43 PM

The writeup for using BM3 to load our BEF is here: How To: FREE Full E85 Flash Tune w/ BMS + BM3

Burger Motorsports

(#421)
Old

Default 01-16-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
The writeup for using BM3 to load our BEF is here: How To: FREE Full E85 Flash Tune w/ BMS + BM3
Oh, cheers! Thank you Terry
(#422)
Old

Default got my cpi kit installed it got a couple logs gone on map 2 3 and 4 - 01-20-2020, 10:12 AM

Let me know what you guys think how my cpi kit looks without a custom tune here are some of the logs !
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-01-19 22_24_57_Map-4.csv (9.2 KB, 81 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-19 22_14_24_Map-2.csv (5.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-20 01_38_16_Map-3.csv (7.1 KB, 72 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-20 01_38_58_Map-3.csv (6.2 KB, 61 views)
(#423)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2020, 10:27 AM

Looks OK, have some ideas to improve it. Emailed you a new firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#424)
Old

Default 01-20-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Looks OK, have some ideas to improve it. Emailed you a new firmware.
thank you terry love ya!
(#425)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 01-21-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Yes we have BEF maps for the new applications! We've got a 2020 M340 development car, will post some dyno stuff in the coming weeks.
Any updates?