N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
Default 01-02-2021, 10:18 AM

So I ended up getting an intake and axle back exhaust (muffler delete pipe from flowmaster) for my Jeep. First thing I noticed on the logs is that I'm running less boost when comparing map 0 from stock to the map 0 log with axle back. Stock in map 0 I would hit right around 20ish lbs of boost tapering to about 16lbs. With the axle back still on map 0 and same gas in the tank I would not hit more than 17psi peak and tapering to about 13psi at redline. So about 3 psi less, which I expected from an exhaust upgrade but the Jeep actually felt noticeably faster. Looking back on my logs and comparing them to now I noticed that anything higher than 25psi the jeep would buck. With less back pressure from the exhaust now I can run map 3 now all day long and run it hard with no problems and I hit about 23.5ish lbs peak and then tapering down from there. I then tried map 6 with about 1lbs added across the board over map 3 and would approach close to and sometimes over 25psi and the times it did go over 25lbs it would buck very slightly. I added another 1lbs across the board again in map 6 and the jeep bucked in almost every single gear. I know the JB4 is supposed to make the PCM think it is hitting it's intended boost values but it seems that around 25psi there is a wall that it hits and the higher it hits above 25lbs the harder it bucks and hiccups. I know that in my Golf you could never hit above 20psi unless you set the cell for 6-Cyl Timing Logging to 1 instead of 0, so maybe something similar is happening here? Although I can't go back to stock exhaust anymore just let me know if you want a log or 2 done under certain conditions to compare to my older posted logs from when I was stock. Thanks a bunch.
(#277)
Old

Car: Jeep Wrangler
Default 01-03-2021, 11:27 AM

First time I tried map3 , it blew some hose and my turbo went into a limp mode lol, then I read it’s best to use a mix of e85 with map3? Interesting that adding an exhaust like you have and it runs good, that gives me some hope lol, but I’m an noob with jb4 and wondering what would be best to run map 3 safely of the two.
As of now I have mishimoto bolt ons, intake and charge pipe.. map2 runs like a champ , day and night over stock.
(#278)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2021, 05:23 PM

If either of you need tuning advice just attach a JB4 log!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#279)
Old

Car: Jeep Wrangler
Default 01-03-2021, 08:16 PM

Would love to , just won’t run for more then 20 seconds on map3 on 93 octane , should I run some e85 mix tor remedy the issue ?
(#280)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2021, 08:51 PM

Adding in E85 will help address timing/knock related issues, but won't help if you're blowing off chargepipe hoses. Reduce boost until you sort your hardware out.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#281)
Old

Default 01-05-2021, 07:21 AM

Yea I was having some bucking issues in map 2 sometimes when it was bone stock and now with the intake and axle back exhaust I can run Map 3 on 94 octane (I'm in Canada, we have E10/94 at the pump) no problem. This just reinforces my original idea of the exhaust being too restrictive to run higher boost levels. The turbo is trying to push more air and that gigantic 400-700 cpsi turd is in the way, causing too much heat not to be released and contained inside the engine, causing it to pull timing when it gets really hot. If I do back to back pulls and don't give it a break, eventually it will start to do the bucking and hiccup in Map 3. If I drive it normally cruising at 55 or 60mph for 5 minutes and let it cool down and hammer on it again, it doesn't hiccup anymore until I start beating on it hard again over and over. Removing the stock muffler let me switch to a higher map without bucking on the same fuel which tells me that the muffler was a pretty decent restriction with that pancake pipe design going over the axle as well as that almost 30lbs muffler; although it won't be anywhere close to as restrictive as that stock c.a.t. c.o.n.v.e.r.t.e.r. I'm going to eventually be putting a 3" d.o.w.n.p.i.p.e. and weld in a 200 cpsi metal core c.a.t. in within the next few months and I'll report back.
(#282)
Old

Default 01-05-2021, 07:46 AM

My jeep pulls VERY hard though in map 3 and I'm extremely happy with it. To give you an idea of how fast it actually is, I came out of a 2017 370Z with intakes, full exhaust and long tube headers and the jeep feels faster than my Z did. Not by much but it does feel faster and my 370z ran a 13.1@110mph. I also ran a MK3 Focus RS with bolt ons and tune, guy said it dyno'd 340whp and we were dead even from a dig until about 70mph and at that point I started to pull away from him slowly. Mind you Im in a 2 door sport with the stock 17" wheels. The only things that would make me lighter would be a soft top instead of a hard top and taking off the running boards. Other than that I'm basically driving the lightest configuration you can get. At the track I can see this thing being able to pull a mid to high 12 second pass.
(#283)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2021, 02:36 PM

If you open up the exhaust that does take some stress off the wastegate and allow more boost targeting so adds up.

Burger Motorsports

(#284)
Old

Default 01-06-2021, 08:38 AM

I know you are moat likely busy with getting everything up and running for other makes and models, but is there a rough timeline of when you want to have all of the features available for the Jeep platform? Stuff like FOL adjustment, absolute boost targeting for map 6, etc. etc.? I don't mean to be a pain in arse, I'm just excited to see what this thing can really do
(#285)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-06-2021, 11:18 AM

Just no set timeframe, we work on stuff as time allows.

Burger Motorsports

(#286)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 01-07-2021, 07:05 PM

What Intakes are you guys running? I’ve heard certain ones throw check engine lights eventually. I already have an exhaust but willing to try and an intake if it helps with the bucking issues with map 2 after reading post # 281 above. My map 1 works 99% of the time without the bucking.