N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4651)
Old

Car: 335i bmw e90
Default 08-28-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Well, for starters, this thread is about the JB4 Mobile app. Your question is specific to a certain engine and firmware. So I would start with the right thread.

Also, if you want to post an issue in this thread, read the first post. There are requirements or your post will be ignored. People on this forum don't really like to do work for others when it can easily be done themselves.
I appreciate the Redirecting comment... sometimes finding the right Thread to ask help in a related issue is puzzle=ing IMO... For instance I asked for help on this Thread the other day for JB4 would Not connect Via blue tooth on my I-Phone7... Said not connected even though I was logged in... And for 36hrs. not one reply or answer to my Problem...
(#4652)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 08-28-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargas Stage1
I appreciate the Redirecting comment... sometimes finding the right Thread to ask help in a related issue is puzzle=ing IMO... For instance I asked for help on this Thread the other day for JB4 would Not connect Via blue tooth on my I-Phone7... Said not connected even though I was logged in... And for 36hrs. not one reply or answer to my Problem...
Again, if you don't read the first post and include all the necessary information, you will be ignored.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#4653)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 08-29-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Try it with the new app releases and ensure your JB4 is up-to-date.

Try the beta:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing...o91.jb4_mobile

iOS - Yes
Android - No. I started coding it out awhile back, but never got around to finishing it up. Hoping to get back into it soon.

On the todo list, but I need to do testing with the current graphing library to ensure it won't bee too much strain on some devices.

Screenshot the error message you get and email support@jb4connectkit.com.

This is a bug with certain Google Play store versions (https://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/...ore_10717_lvl/). Here is Google's suggestion: https://productforums.google.com/d/m...Y/BhRtSx9RFgAJ

Yes it is compatible with iPad, but I can't commit any time to supporting jailbreak tweaks. Hopefully Apple eases up their restrictions on CarPlay apps so I can officially support it.

Email me and I'll help you troubleshoot it. support3@jb4connectkit.com
A251
(#4654)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 08-29-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Resolved.

Those have to be disabled with the in-dash JB4 controls.

The excel file is what the JB4 software uses to generate graphs. You can get a screenshot using your device's built-in functions if you just want a picture. Email me a log and I'll review. support3@jb4connectkit.com

I'll check it out.

That's a lot of specific information to request and would take awhile to track down. If you can find it out in the wild more power to ya.

Email me: support3@jb4connectkit.com

^^

Which app build are you on currently?

Email me and we'll troubleshoot it:
support3@jb4connectkit.com

It's one of the next things I'm trying to work on as time permits.
A251
(#4655)
Old

Car: 2011 550 M-Sport
Default Automatic Engine Detection and Performance Fail - 09-06-2018, 07:57 PM

Hi,

Just reaching out to get some help if possible.

I have the following setup that seems to be acting up since I updated the app a few months ago. See issues below.

Device: iPhone 6+
Engine type: N63 F10 Series
App build: ( not sure what this is.)
App Version 2.3.4
Kit Revision: Rev 3.6
JB4 Firmware Version: 63/2//5

Problem Experienced: Updated app and it no longer detects correct engine. Logs indicate that my engine is detected as E Series N55 which it certainly is not. It is an N63 (F10).

Also, since then I’ve received noticeable bank to bank boost variance readings. Additionally meth flow is sporadic and never comes on at the Minimum Flow Boost PSI that it is set at its usually 4 PSI higher. It also no longer flows at 100% ( I know that flow will not always be at %100 but it flows intermittently and performance seems off.)

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

KYtuning:Cayman Islands

Last edited by ErinM; 09-06-2018 at 08:44 PM..
(#4656)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 09-13-2018, 12:55 PM

Hello Guys,

Hope you all are well?

Anyone having the following issue?

While connected to the jb4 mobile app via the Bluetooth connector you experience very bad hesitation/jerking on wot pulls.
Once you disconnect from the app the car run smoothly on wot.

Regards,

BMW F30 320i N20 - JB4 -EWG
BMW F30 320i B48 - JB4 - EWG - FF
(#4657)
Old

Car: 2011 550 M-Sport
Default 09-13-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIRRS-ZN
Hello Guys,

Hope you all are well?

While connected to the jb4 mobile app via the Bluetooth connector you experience very bad hesitation/jerking on wot pulls.

Regards,
Do you keep your JB4 OBDll connected when you “disconnect” the app?

Maybe post a log of a pull where you’re experiencing problems.

KYtuning:Cayman Islands
(#4658)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 09-13-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinM
Do you keep your JB4 OBDll connected when you “disconnect” the app?

Maybe post a log of a pull where you’re experiencing problems.
So let me give you guys the whole scenario. JB4 only installed, no other mods.

When I removed the Bluetooth connect kit of the N20 JB4 I did not de-link the unit. I then installed the JB4 Bluetooth connect kit into the B48 JB4 and upon connecting via the App it connected 1st time with no issues.
Upon installation, I may not have fully forced the splice on the pin side all the way, I did turn it a few times to get it close to the post tape.

I ran the car on Map 1 and Map 2 with default settings. While connected to the Mobile App logging the car from 2nd WOT I was getting intermittent hesitation all the way to 4th and 5th . I tried different modes, Sport, Sport Plus and Comfort and all gave the same issue. When I changed to Map 0 still connected to the Mobile App, the car runs smoothly on all modes. Logs attached.

After a few hours of testing, I switched to Map 1 and decided to live with the hesitation as I wanted the added power. I disconnected from the Mobile app (OBD 2 still connected) and continued to drive. As I decided to open her up I noticed no hesitation at all. The car run smoothly. I then decided to double check which Map it was set on and if maybe it switched back to Map 0. Connected via the Mobile app and it showed Map 1. Checked via the BC controls and also showed Map 1. Disconnected from the Mobile App and continued to drive opening her up from 1st gear WOT to 5th and she pulled very smoothly. I then connected to the JB via the Mobile app and changed to Map 2 and then disconnected. Carried on driving opening her up some more and she continued to move smoothly.

So at this stage it had to be related to the Bluetooth mobile connect kit. Could it be possible that the Bluetooth connect kit thinks it’s still registered to the N20 and when I connect to the JB4 via the App its getting confused with the car as its reading B48 info now?

I have read up and found a few links on the n54tech guys are having similar issues and I am just trying to establish if it could be related to the Bluetooth connect kit or maybe just in my in case.

Thanks Guys,
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-13 05_57_05-Map1.csv (22.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-13 06_00_04-Map0.csv (28.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-13 06_00_43-Map1.csv (12.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-13 06_12_57-Map1.csv (9.8 KB, 9 views)

BMW F30 320i N20 - JB4 -EWG
BMW F30 320i B48 - JB4 - EWG - FF
(#4659)
Old

Car: Subaru Impreza
Default CEL Code delete - 09-20-2018, 12:43 AM

Hi,

we've a track car in the shop, showing some CEL codes that we want to disable to not irritate the customer.

2E8E intelligent battery (small race battery assembled)
2AB4 DME Checksum (don't know why this shows up?)
2F6C Exhaust flap (***** without flap)
2A13 DMTL Leckdiagnose (race tank)

How to deactivate them. We are using the bluetooth module and therefore the jb4 app.
Or do I need to unplug the bluetooth and use the Laptop + sw for that?

Thanks in advance!
Alex
(#4660)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i
Default 09-20-2018, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracktoys.de
Hi,

we've a track car in the shop, showing some CEL codes that we want to disable to not irritate the customer.

How to deactivate them. We are using the bluetooth module and therefore the jb4 app.

Thanks in advance!
Alex

Hallo,
Handy App oder ein Computer - die Funktionen sind alle gleich!
Wie es aussieht, wurde eine oder mehre andere elektrische Treibstoffpumpen installiert.
Da sollte dann der passende "back-end-flash" geflash werden (Z.B. mit der MHD App und Interface).
Gruß
Holger

JB4 G5 Map7 Add-On BT Rev.3 Android/MHD V8.0 Stage2+ E85+BEF/Wagner FMIC/BMS WMI Single CM10/RB PCV/Oil Cooler/Mocal Oil Cooler Valve+STETT Line/BMS N54 DCI or SIMOTA Intake/MMP In+Alu Outlads/MMP Stage3 Turbo/BMS Oil Catch Can/NGK/M3 Cowl Filters/BMS ALU Chargepipe/Fuel-IT PI ACI or JB4 Modul+Fuel Line Y Adapter+Ethanol Sensor/Fuel-IT Stage3+Hobbs switch12,5Psi/6AT Oil Cooler xHP Software/Wavetrac/Powerflex/H&R/N20 T MAP.
(#4661)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 135i
Default 09-21-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
A251
If you haven't already, email me at support@jb4connectkit.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinM
Hi,

Just reaching out to get some help if possible.

I have the following setup that seems to be acting up since I updated the app a few months ago. See issues below.

Device: iPhone 6+
Engine type: N63 F10 Series
App build: ( not sure what this is.)
App Version 2.3.4
Kit Revision: Rev 3.6
JB4 Firmware Version: 63/2//5

Problem Experienced: Updated app and it no longer detects correct engine. Logs indicate that my engine is detected as E Series N55 which it certainly is not. It is an N63 (F10).

Also, since then I’ve received noticeable bank to bank boost variance readings. Additionally meth flow is sporadic and never comes on at the Minimum Flow Boost PSI that it is set at its usually 4 PSI higher. It also no longer flows at 100% ( I know that flow will not always be at %100 but it flows intermittently and performance seems off.)

Thank you in advance for the assistance.
Resolved with app update.

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Hope you all are well?

Regards,
Quote:
So let me give you guys the whole scenario. JB4 only installed, no other mods.

When I removed the Bluetooth connect kit of the N20 JB4 I did not de-link the unit. I then installed the JB4 Bluetooth connect kit into the B48 JB4 and upon connecting via the App it connected 1st time with no issues.
Upon installation, I may not have fully forced the splice on the pin side all the way, I did turn it a few times to get it close to the post tape.

I ran the car on Map 1 and Map 2 with default settings. While connected to the Mobile App logging the car from 2nd WOT I was getting intermittent hesitation all the way to 4th and 5th . I tried different modes, Sport, Sport Plus and Comfort and all gave the same issue. When I changed to Map 0 still connected to the Mobile App, the car runs smoothly on all modes. Logs attached.

After a few hours of testing, I switched to Map 1 and decided to live with the hesitation as I wanted the added power. I disconnected from the Mobile app (OBD 2 still connected) and continued to drive. As I decided to open her up I noticed no hesitation at all. The car run smoothly. I then decided to double check which Map it was set on and if maybe it switched back to Map 0. Connected via the Mobile app and it showed Map 1. Checked via the BC controls and also showed Map 1. Disconnected from the Mobile App and continued to drive opening her up from 1st gear WOT to 5th and she pulled very smoothly. I then connected to the JB via the Mobile app and changed to Map 2 and then disconnected. Carried on driving opening her up some more and she continued to move smoothly.

So at this stage it had to be related to the Bluetooth mobile connect kit. Could it be possible that the Bluetooth connect kit thinks it’s still registered to the N20 and when I connect to the JB4 via the App its getting confused with the car as its reading B48 info now?

I have read up and found a few links on the n54tech guys are having similar issues and I am just trying to establish if it could be related to the Bluetooth connect kit or maybe just in my in case.

Thanks Guys,
Working with you via email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracktoys.de
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
Alex
If it were me and I simply wanted to ignore the codes, I'd look into doing it via the backend flash.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4662)
Old

Car: F83 cp
Default 09-30-2018, 11:49 AM

Device: IPhone X
Engine type: S55 F83 Cp UK RHD
App build: Unsure, downloaded 19 sept 2018
Kit Revision: Rev 3
JB4 Firmware Version: unsure
Problem experienced:
Hi I have an older version of the connect kit that has a red power lead and also a Black/red ground. I originally had the red connected to a permanent live and the ground connected to a ground point, and while connecting I stalled at the “awaiting handshake” message and then got an error saying check hardware connection. I did some research and disconnected the ground and changed the red wire to connect to one of the two red wires coming out of the jb4. Now my phone can’t find anything kit at all. Do you know what I’ve done wrong please?
(#4663)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 10-01-2018, 12:51 PM

Ever since I switched from my iPad to Android I am constantly having connection problems. I just went a day and a half "scanning for JB4 > not found." I tried toggling airplane mode, restarting the tablet, and restarting the app. But it's so random.

----------------------------------------------------
14 F30 335xi AT- SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374, JB4 w/MHD Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
----------------------------------------------------
(#4664)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 10-02-2018, 12:27 PM

I have single turbo firmware installed, and noticed recently that when I went to enable bit2 on the FUD options which enables E85 cold starts, that my LPFP numbers under normal conditions went from 65 to 45. When I logged the numbers they were showing up at 65, but the gauge was still showing 45. For whatever reason it seems like the live gauge was just reading 20 points low for some reason even though the data logs were capturing the correct number. Anyone else have this issue? As cold months approach, I'd love to enable the E85 cold start, but would also like my live LPFP gauge to read correctly.

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#4665)
Old

Car: Seat Leon cupra R
Default Keine Verbindung - Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Hallo ich hab mal ein paar fragen 1. Icv habe die jb4 box von einer tuning werkstatt mit Bluetooth connect kit einbauen lassen aber ich kann mich nicht mit meinem handy verbinden ich habe ein samsung galaxy s9 wo ich das gerät auch in der Bluetooth liste sehen kann. Ich habe mir die jb4 mobile app im play store runtergeladen und wollte mich mit dem gerät verbinden aber nach dem 5 handshake sagt er das die verbindung nicht mögluch ist ich kann auch keine rev einstellen und auch keine firmware updaten.was kann man da machen damit das funktioniert ? Lg Lucas Lehmann from Germany
(#4666)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i
Default Today, 12:42 AM

Hallo, nach dem letzten update A256 kann ich mit dem Samsung note8 auch keine BT Verbindung herstellen! Man kann in der BT App auf dem Handy den Cache Speicher löschen und das Handy neu starten. Wenn das nicht geht, dann unter "Allgemeine Verwaltung" dann unter "Zurücksetzen" dann auf "Zurücksetzen von Netzwerkeinstellungen" dann die Netzwerkeinstellungen zurücksetzen, Handy neu starten, sollte dann gehen!
Grüße aus Deutschland

JB4 G5 Map7 Add-On BT Rev.3 Android/MHD V8.0 Stage2+ E85+BEF/Wagner FMIC/BMS WMI Single CM10/RB PCV/Oil Cooler/Mocal Oil Cooler Valve+STETT Line/BMS N54 DCI or SIMOTA Intake/MMP In+Alu Outlads/MMP Stage3 Turbo/BMS Oil Catch Can/NGK/M3 Cowl Filters/BMS ALU Chargepipe/Fuel-IT PI ACI or JB4 Modul+Fuel Line Y Adapter+Ethanol Sensor/Fuel-IT Stage3+Hobbs switch12,5Psi/6AT Oil Cooler xHP Software/Wavetrac/Powerflex/H&R/N20 T MAP.