N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#801)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt
Default 10-16-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
I wonder why his car only does 8psi. I’m hitting 11.5 and 18-19 on map 5
Me too. Lol. Could anybody else chime in on what there car is showing for boost on stock map? I will be running the stock map here in a little just to see what it tops out at. I am not sure if this matters but I do have a Borla exhaust on it.

Last edited by Kellypantalo; 10-16-2018 at 10:22 AM..
(#802)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 10-16-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellypantalo
Me too. Lol. Could anybody else chime in on what there car is showing for boost on stock map? I will be running the stock map here in a little just to see what it tops out at. I am not sure if this matters but I do have a Borla exhaust on it.
I have k&n filters and jun *********. Iím at sea level as well.
(#803)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2018, 11:50 AM

By popular demand we've released our own spark plug gapping tool. When combined with our magnetic spark plug socket makes pulling and gapping your plugs super simple. Demo video below.

http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_BMW_...t_adapter.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#804)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1
Default 10-16-2018, 12:55 PM

Any thoughts on the logs i posted this am?
(#805)
Old

Default 10-16-2018, 02:54 PM

Hey terry, I updated to the new v5. Update went fine car feels great on map 7. It seems as if the E85 gauge no longer works. I tried restarting app and car and still does not work. It this a easy fix to get working?
Thanks
(#806)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2018, 03:11 PM

Do you have a physical E85 sensor attached to the JB4? We have not released the virtual E85 detection logic yet for the platform. If we left something under a previous firmware it was unintentional.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#807)
Old

Default 10-16-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Do you have a physical E85 sensor attached to the JB4? We have not released the virtual E85 detection logic yet for the platform. If we left something under a previous firmware it was unintentional.
The E85 gauge used to work perfectly. When I would workout my math for the E85 mixture the gauge would show the % of E85 and it was almost always bang on. I added enough for 30% this tank and my gauge showed 30-31%. The tank before that I have 20% and after I filed up with 91 it went down to 2% after some time. It really seemed to work well. If that something you guys could turn back on? Or can I go back to v4 to have that work again? You guys should try it on your shop stinger it seems to be almost bang on.

Edit sorry forgot to say that I do not have the E85 sensor. What ever the jb4 is doing with the original o2 is getting it pretty close. I would not say it’s perfect but it was nice to have a idea of how much E85 was in the tank. I was really surprised of how close this thing was to what I was putting in. I thought it was just a one off until I tried 4 different mixtures.

Last edited by Adamdan; 10-16-2018 at 04:29 PM..
(#808)
Old

Car: Stinger GT1 3.3t
Default Yesterday, 01:38 PM

I've had a few people ask which fittings I used for mounting my water methanol nozzle into the silicone hose before the throttle body. I'm aware this can cause boost leaks if not done properly but this is my tried, true, and cheap method. I've done this on multiple vehicles and have not yet encountered a leak or failure. Again, the reason I went this way is so I can replace back to stock easily and the silicone is cheaper than a stock charge pipe.

The folks at Ultimate Performance are fabricating a 3" charge pipe with a bung welded in for me in the next few days, which is the preferred and proper method of mounting the nozzle, but tapping the stock charge pipe with a 1/8th NPT 27 tap would work as well.

Edit:
Had to add a picture of that sexy tank in the trunk.

Tools needed:
3/8 drill bit
1 Stainless Steel Finishing washer (mine has a weather coating) - $0.48 @ Ace Hardware
Loctite Silicone Marine Adhesive Sealant

Instructions:
Drill through the hose where you want the nozzle with your 3/8"
Push the nozzle through the hole
Thread the finish washer on the inside of the hose as tight as it will go (smooth side of the washer faces the inside of the pipe)
Inject your silicone sealant into the edges of the hole and spread around the nozzle. Use quite a bit.
Wait 24 hours to dry according to the instructions on the sealant bottle (realistically it was completely dry in 3 hours)

Attached Images

Last edited by bal; Yesterday at 01:46 PM..
(#809)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default Yesterday, 01:43 PM

Terry, can you check out this log to make sure all is ok? This is a 3rd gear pull, map 5, 10 gal 93 / 3.4 gal e85, 77 degrees outside.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-17 16_22_53Map_5.csv (6.3 KB, 5 views)
(#810)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
Terry, can you check out this log to make sure all is ok? This is a 3rd gear pull, map 5, 10 gal 93 / 3.4 gal e85, 77 degrees outside.
Short log but looks fine to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#811)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 03:35 PM

The black BMS 2g integrated tank/pump looks really clean back there!

Sneak peak of another Stinger WMI tank option we're working on. It's a 1 gallon tank and pump mounted bracket that goes under the where the spare tire sites. Unfortunately, the spare tire doesn't also fit so you'd have to delete it for this option. But it's really stealthy!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#812)
Old

Default Yesterday, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal
I've had a few people ask which fittings I used for mounting my water methanol nozzle into the silicone hose before the throttle body. I'm aware this can cause boost leaks if not done properly but this is my tried, true, and cheap method. I've done this on multiple vehicles and have not yet encountered a leak or failure. Again, the reason I went this way is so I can replace back to stock easily and the silicone is cheaper than a stock charge pipe.

The folks at Ultimate Performance are fabricating a 3" charge pipe with a bung welded in for me in the next few days, which is the preferred and proper method of mounting the nozzle, but tapping the stock charge pipe with a 1/8th NPT 27 tap would work as well.

Edit:
Had to add a picture of that sexy tank in the trunk.

Tools needed:
3/8 drill bit
1 Stainless Steel Finishing washer (mine has a weather coating) - $0.48 @ Ace Hardware
Loctite Silicone Marine Adhesive Sealant

Instructions:
Drill through the hose where you want the nozzle with your 3/8"
Push the nozzle through the hole
Thread the finish washer on the inside of the hose as tight as it will go (smooth side of the washer faces the inside of the pipe)
Inject your silicone sealant into the edges of the hole and spread around the nozzle. Use quite a bit.
Wait 24 hours to dry according to the instructions on the sealant bottle (realistically it was completely dry in 3 hours)

This tank fits amazing! I've got the JT fmic and 3" piping. I've order this this to go between sections of the cold side.

https://prometh.com/collections/mist...nt=17154401475

Gonna be some fast ass stingers running around soon
(#813)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default Yesterday, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Short log but looks fine to me!
3rd gear is short with map 5! Lol. I don't have the road for a longer pull. Once I get my intakes and my dragy I'm going hunting for a long, straight, abandoned road.
(#814)
Old

Car: 17 2.0T stinger
Default Yesterday, 06:13 PM

What has been the best MPG shown for the 2.0T stinger?
(#815)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default Today, 04:59 AM

Got my car back from the dealer. They found a spider egg sack nest in my gas vent line keeping it from venting while pumping. They also did the shift logic TSB on the transmission while there. I have noticed the car does shift better and it now seems to be launching better as well with less hesitation off the line. I was logging as much as 0.6 seconds on launch hesitation (0-3-0 mph before actually launching on maps 0, 2, 5, and 6). Now it only shows 0.15-0.2 second hesitation delay (map 0 and 2). Will be restesting higher maps soon

2018 Stinger GT AWD
JB4 w/ Fuel control wires
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#816)
Old

Default Today, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmanb
Got my car back from the dealer. They found a spider egg sack nest in my gas vent line keeping it from venting while pumping. They also did the shift logic TSB on the transmission while there. I have noticed the car does shift better and it now seems to be launching better as well with less hesitation off the line. I was logging as much as 0.6 seconds on launch hesitation (0-3-0 mph before actually launching on maps 0, 2, 5, and 6). Now it only shows 0.15-0.2 second hesitation delay (map 0 and 2). Will be restesting higher maps soon
What did that spider web affect? How do you find your shifting is in spot mode now, I read people saying itís to smooth now.
(#817)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default Today, 06:33 AM

Quote:
What did that spider web affect? How do you find your shifting is in spot mode now, I read people saying itís to smooth now.
When trying to pump gas, it was not venting so the gas pump would kick out ever .2-.8 gallon. Would take 10 to 15 minutes to put 12 gallons in it. the spider egg sack was inside the vent tube itself.
As for shifting it feels better and not as sluggish as it was before.

2018 Stinger GT AWD
JB4 w/ Fuel control wires
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#818)
Old

Default Today, 07:44 PM

Evening, all,

I'm still on lowly Map 1, waiting for the weekend so I can change my plugs and install my fuel wires...but I had an observation/question tonight on my way home from work:

On a WOT-or-very-near-it pull of some length, I noticed my turbo/intake sound wavering in a way I've never heard before. I have the K&N Typhoon intakes, so I listen with glee every time I accelerate hard, but I've had the car since 2/5, and the Typhoon for over a month, and this sound is new to me. --only thing new is the JB4, on since last weekend.

The sound was like a smooth sine wave of the intensity of the turbo noise going up and down, almost as if it were hitting a limiter of some sort...anybody ever heard this, or know what I'm talking about just from the description? Is this expected/a by-product of the JB4? Just curious. Was gonna wait to post any logs until I have the full setup in and I'm pushing something harder than map 1...
(#819)
Old

Default Today, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignDawg
Evening, all,

I'm still on lowly Map 1, waiting for the weekend so I can change my plugs and install my fuel wires...but I had an observation/question tonight on my way home from work:

On a WOT-or-very-near-it pull of some length, I noticed my turbo/intake sound wavering in a way I've never heard before. I have the K&N Typhoon intakes, so I listen with glee every time I accelerate hard, but I've had the car since 2/5, and the Typhoon for over a month, and this sound is new to me. --only thing new is the JB4, on since last weekend.

The sound was like a smooth sine wave of the intensity of the turbo noise going up and down, almost as if it were hitting a limiter of some sort...anybody ever heard this, or know what I'm talking about just from the description? Is this expected/a by-product of the JB4? Just curious. Was gonna wait to post any logs until I have the full setup in and I'm pushing something harder than map 1...
I have noticed this before as well. I think itís the jb4 adjusting boost to try and get the target boost.
(#820)
Old

Default Today, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I have noticed this before as well. I think itís the jb4 adjusting boost to try and get the target boost.
Cool. Hope that's all--nothing serious...just the car trying to be quick. Sounds good to me.

I'd say one thing I've noticed since running the JB4 is that there's something about the timing of when it hits boost and when downshifts happen...I could be way off base, but it seems like when I'm on a roll and I give the beans, the turbo hits hard right at the moment the car drops gear, resulting in a KICK IN THE BACK that the car just never had before! I guess It's always felt a little more "turbo-y." --It downshifts and then starts to PULL...
But NOW, it downshifts, and just slams.

Wouldn't have thought the timing of those puzzle pieces would make such a big difference, but it makes sense, if they hit together, it's kinda like a double-bounce on a trampoline that lurches you forward. (or maybe I'm crazy).