JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#676)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default 11-01-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmoto
Hi, also a newbie here

By any chance do you have pics of the installation process?

My main question is, do I have to remove the front bumper to reach the chargepipe sensor? (second pic) If so, then for sure I'll have to take the car to a shop.

Thanks in advance for any help

MAX
Yes, for a clean install you need to remove the front bumper. Others say that they did the install without removing the bumper but they must have tiny hands and care nothing about cable management.

You can use the instructions from the corksport intercooler as a reference on how to remove the bumper.

https://corksport.com/support/instru...-6-141-WEB.pdf
(#677)
Old

Car: Mazda 3
Default 11-01-2021, 02:31 PM

Can't get a good MAF connection. I've tried shaving down the MAF connector on JB4, no luck at all, car throws codes. Any suggestions? Just wait until good plug is available?

Edit: also, JB4 harness appears to have 4 wires for the MAF and car has 3. Did I get sent a CX one by accident?

Last edited by herzzreh; 11-01-2021 at 03:47 PM..
(#678)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD
Default 11-01-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzzreh
Can't get a good MAF connection. I've tried shaving down the MAF connector on JB4, no luck at all, car throws codes. Any suggestions? Just wait until good plug is available?

Edit: also, JB4 harness appears to have 4 wires for the MAF and car has 3. Did I get sent a CX one by accident?
Take two standard 8" zip ties and bind them together by the tail, and wrap them around the intake duct on the left side of the airbox, and up to and between the 3rd and 4th MAF wire to the right. Snug it up. That has kept mine seated and fully functional for over a month.

Edit: oops, didn't notice your wire count issue. regadless, if that MAF plug is still supposed to work, the zip tie anchor method will work.
(#679)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-01-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzzreh

Best to email me some photos for tech support, terry@burgertuning.com. No zip ties or anything should be required to attach it. It just clips in.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#680)
Old

Default 11-01-2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Best to email me some photos for tech support, terry@burgertuning.com. No zip ties or anything should be required to attach it. It just clips in.
My MAF harness clip was visibly hand cut. When I pushed it down onto the 4 pin receptacle, the back half (toward the firewall) expanded outward, allowing the clip to descend and reach the pinouts, but at no point would it ever click/lock in place. I had to use zip ties or remove the MAF component completely.
(#681)
Old

Car: Mazda 3
Default 11-01-2021, 05:28 PM

I'll send pics tomorrow morning. Neither one of JB4 connectors click in.
(#682)
Old

Car: Mazda 6 2.5 T
Default 11-01-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymwalk
Yes, for a clean install you need to remove the front bumper. Others say that they did the install without removing the bumper but they must have tiny hands and care nothing about cable management.

You can use the instructions from the corksport intercooler as a reference on how to remove the bumper.

Thanks, that info and instructions are very helpful
I'll send the car to a shop for the installation process
(#683)
Old

Car: 2020 Mazda 6 Signature
Default 11-02-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymwalk

I actually installed without removing the bumper, and i can assure you i did a really good job at cable management, my hands aren't that big either, i just removed the small plastic cover in the bumper and with the help of a flathead screwdriver i removed the connector, it took some time and pain to figure out how to reach and disconnect but it worked.
(#684)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
Default 11-02-2021, 04:08 PM

Dumb question, as I'm sure this has probably been asked- what is the difference between the two Mazda 3 Turbo firmwares for the V2 JB4?

JB4_P3_MAZDA_2_T1.hex and JB4_P3_MAZDA_3.hex? I mean, other than the _2_ is "stable" and the _3_ is "beta"?
(#685)
Old

Default 11-02-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turki
I actually installed without removing the bumper, and i can assure you i did a really good job at cable management, my hands aren't that big either, i just removed the small plastic cover in the bumper and with the help of a flathead screwdriver i removed the connector, it took some time and pain to figure out how to reach and disconnect but it worked.
That's cool. You should take pictures and help the community out. I think I take for granted that a bumper removal isn't a big deal in my mind. I rather remove a bumper than worry about figuring out how to reach something.
(#686)
Old

Default 11-03-2021, 03:24 PM

Quote:
which plastic cover?
could you please please upload or send a pic? If that worked for you I may avoid a visit to the shop and could install it on my own in my house

Thanks for the info
(#687)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-5555
Dumb question, as I'm sure this has probably been asked- what is the difference between the two Mazda 3 Turbo firmwares for the V2 JB4?

JB4_P3_MAZDA_2_T1.hex and JB4_P3_MAZDA_3.hex? I mean, other than the _2_ is "stable" and the _3_ is "beta"?
v3 is the BETA firmware. Changes are noted in the app, main difference was to the MAF tuning with v3. Now that intakes are heating up for the platform, including the BMS intake we're developing, we'll have a v4 firmware soon that features some addl MAF adjustment which is very handy when it comes to dialing in intake changes as the platform is fairly sensitive to MAF readings.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#688)
Old

Default 11-04-2021, 01:25 AM

Quote:
v3 is the BETA firmware. Changes are noted in the app, main difference was to the MAF tuning with v3. Now that intakes are heating up for the platform, including the BMS intake we're developing, we'll have a v4 firmware soon that features some addl MAF adjustment which is very handy when it comes to dialing in intake changes as the platform is fairly sensitive to MAF readings.
This is the best news I'll hear all week.

Terry,

Did someone volunteer to bring their CX-5 by the shop or do I need to figure out how to drive cross country? I understand the demand for the 3 to get first release but wondering if the CX-5,9 is on a similar time table for development.

Thank you!
(#689)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2021, 09:01 AM

We haven't had a chance to work on the V1 MAF control yet but it's still on our to-do list. We've got a couple cars relatively local when we're ready for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#690)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 turbo
Default 11-04-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
This is HUGE NEWS, stoked for BMS cold air, is it going to be a cold air intake or SRI like CS? Also will it have a heat shield? Holding off to wait for the BMS and avoiding rushing into an intake without a heatshield...
(#691)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 Turbo
Default 11-04-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda3turbskie
This is HUGE NEWS, stoked for BMS cold air, is it going to be a cold air intake or SRI like CS? Also will it have a heat shield? Holding off to wait for the BMS and avoiding rushing into an intake without a heatshield...
X2 - same questions and patiently waiting while I feed the piggybank
(#692)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 11-04-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2
X2 - same questions and patiently waiting while I feed the piggybank
+1
(#693)
Old

Default 11-04-2021, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda3turbskie
Why are you so excited about a CAI, when typically they are more prone to hydro-lock, and a SRI feeds near ambient temps to the turbo... which promptly compresses air to nearly 300F, and is then passed through the intercooler to achieve near ambient temps.
(#694)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2021, 09:40 AM

I think you guys will be happy with our intake options, heat has been well considered lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#695)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda Cx-30 Turbo
Default 11-05-2021, 01:10 PM

Just drove my brothers 2019 2.5t cx-5 (no jb4, on 86) and im honestly very surprised the difference between that and my cx-30. The cx-5 definitely feels more sportier and the power delivery is very different in my opinion, it feels like that of my friends q5 but i could be wrong. This might be a silly question but are the 2019 2.5t and the 2021 2.5t sky active engines different in any way?? cx-5 also had a different tone on the low end. just curious
(#696)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo HB
Thumbs up 11-05-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I think you guys will be happy with our intake options, heat has been well considered lol.
In, I just want the sound. Please hurry. ;p
(#697)
Old

Default 11-05-2021, 07:39 PM

Quote:
which plastic cover?
could you please please upload or send a pic? If that worked for you I may avoid a visit to the shop and could install it on my own in my house

Thanks for the info
Well, i will make a video on how i removed it, i'll upload it on google drive and send it here.
(#698)
Old

Default 11-06-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
which plastic cover?

Thanks for the info
TMAP.mp4 - Google Drive

Here is a video i made today, i am not sure if the cx5/9 can do the same thing, this is for a mazda6, I Hope it helps!
(#699)
Old

Default 11-06-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Well, i will make a video on how i removed it, i'll upload it on google drive and send it here.
Thanks man!!
(#700)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2021, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R242
In, I just want the sound. Please hurry. ;p
Yeah the sound is insane, probably with any intake. Might as well get some power added while you're doing it though.

Burger Motorsports