JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#401)
Old

Car: 2021 mazda3 hatchback 2.5 turbo
Default 09-03-2021, 11:32 AM

Noticed there was a lot of talk about the installs but I never gave the app and how to how to change maps a thought so I'm a little clueless there lol
(#402)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Hatchback PP
Default 09-03-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehinvt
Is the app in the play store called jb4 mobile?
Just got home from vacation and my unit was here waiting for me! I wanna make sure I do everything correctly! I ordered the Bluetooth adapter and need to install that but I want the app installed first...... If so once the app is installed and the unit is installed then I can use my phone to change maps?
Yup, it's jb4 mobile, costs $28. And yes you can change maps at any time while driving in the app. The app also data logs and will let you read and clear codes.
(#403)
Old

Default 09-03-2021, 01:08 PM

Bought it....Installed it....and in the limited driving I just did.....the car definitely puts you back in the seat! Had to adjust/modify the MAF connector to "Click" in......but other than that....smooth as silk!
(#404)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Bought it....Installed it....and in the limited driving I just did.....the car definitely puts you back in the seat! Had to adjust/modify the MAF connector to "Click" in......but other than that....smooth as silk!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#405)
Old

Default 09-03-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Right on! This car is almost perfect thanks to BMS. Now the only thing it needs is a full turbo back exhaust from Corksport.

And a bigger/twin scroll turbo... And higher flow fuel pump and injectors, and upgraded brakes and forged internals and...

I think I have a problem.
(#406)
Old

Car: Mazda CX9
Default 09-03-2021, 07:30 PM

Alright boys and girls, I finally got my JB4 installed on my 2019 CX-9. Install was a bit of a pain on the FMIC MAP sensor plug; however, removal of the bumper is not necessary. There’s a small air dam on the passengers side of the FMIC that can be removed from the front opening in the bumper; it’s cramped quarters and difficult with extra large hands. The rest of it was a breeze. I wished the manifold MAP wires were loomed all the way, I loomed it myself anyway. Mounted the JB4 on top of the ECM on the passenger’s side, and mounted the wireless dongle on to the windshield shroud under the hood. Routed the OBD2 wires down the same shroud. Turned out pretty clean, but the wires are barely long enough to reach everything, but it is still nice and tidy. Pictures to follow.

Last edited by JNance; 09-03-2021 at 08:25 PM..
(#407)
Old

Car: 2019 Mazda CX-5 2.5T
Default 09-03-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girthbrooks20
Right on! This car is almost perfect thanks to BMS. Now the only thing it needs is a full turbo back exhaust from Corksport.

And a bigger/twin scroll turbo... And higher flow fuel pump and injectors, and upgraded brakes and forged internals and...

Honestly I have noticed a huge difference in performance even just with the Corksport SRI, boost tube, and axle back exhaust. Just got my exhaust on this weekend and this thing can breathe so much better on the top end! Just need my JB4 to liven it up a bit!
(#408)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-03-2021, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNance
Alright boys and girls, I finally got my JB4 installed on my 2019 CX-9. Install was a bit of a pain on the FMIC MAP sensor plug; however, removal of the bumper is not necessary. Thereís a small air dam on the passengers side of the FMIC that can be removed from the front opening in the bumper; itís cramped quarters and difficult with extra large hands. The rest of it was a breeze. I wished the manifold MAP wires were loomed all the way, I loomed it myself anyway. Mounted the JB4 on top of the ECM on the passengerís side, and mounted the wireless dongle on to the windshield shroud under the hood. Routed the OBD2 wires down the same shroud. Turned out pretty clean, but the wires are barely long enough to reach everything, but it is still nice and tidy. Pictures to follow.
Pictures might be hard to upload here if you don't have a third party host.
You can email me Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#409)
Old

Default 09-04-2021, 06:49 AM

I only have one complaint...... Is the Burger tuning sticker that came with my JB4 had lost its stickiness.....it won't stickiness no matter what I tried......really bummed about that!! Lol
(#410)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default 09-04-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNance
Alright boys and girls, I finally got my JB4 installed on my 2019 CX-9. Install was a bit of a pain on the FMIC MAP sensor plug; however, removal of the bumper is not necessary. Thereís a small air dam on the passengers side of the FMIC that can be removed from the front opening in the bumper; itís cramped quarters and difficult with extra large hands. The rest of it was a breeze. I wished the manifold MAP wires were loomed all the way, I loomed it myself anyway. Mounted the JB4 on top of the ECM on the passengerís side, and mounted the wireless dongle on to the windshield shroud under the hood. Routed the OBD2 wires down the same shroud. Turned out pretty clean, but the wires are barely long enough to reach everything, but it is still nice and tidy. Pictures to follow.
I think this is a good comment about wire length for the CX-5 and CX-9 models. I would have been able to run a cleaner install with a longer FMIC map sensor length and manifold sensor. Took a little more thought and routing to make it look acceptably clean.
(#411)
Old

Default 09-04-2021, 03:43 PM

So while peeling off the clear part and using an Exacto knife to separate each and every letter and decal.....I MADE IT WORK!!! So happy........the car is a ROCKET now and I wanted to flex the BMS sticker!
Unfortunately I don't know how to attach a picture!!! Lol
(#412)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-04-2021, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymwalk
I think this is a good comment about wire length for the CX-5 and CX-9 models. I would have been able to run a cleaner install with a longer FMIC map sensor length and manifold sensor. Took a little more thought and routing to make it look acceptably clean.
Sorry, I will make an install guide soon with the pictures I got from Jnance.

Brown wire connector should be the one going to the intercooler.
Multi color wire connector should be going to the intake manifold.
Then the JB4 will be placed on the driver side between battery and intake.

Should flow from left to right with the harness leading the way.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#413)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo HB
Default 09-05-2021, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I only have one complaint...... Is the Burger tuning sticker that came with my JB4 had lost its stickiness.....it won't stickiness no matter what I tried......really bummed about that!! Lol
Wait, you got a sticker?

All kidding aside, install was just fine for me no hiccups.
(#414)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD
Default 09-05-2021, 04:25 PM

Hello! I ordered yesterday for my '21 Mazda 3 2.5T sedan. I'm very familiar with the tuning and modification of Mazdaspeeds (I have a '13 with a forged bottom end and E85 port injection, big turbo, etc) I'm also relatively adept at reading and comprehending data logs. I have some questions - particularly about fuel pressure (commanded vs actual) and AFRs when running E30. I'd also like to see the incremental increases in spark advance running the Eth mix. Also, are we limited to ~22.5psi by a factory 2.5 BAR MAP sensor, and is the stock intake anywhere near maxing the 5V MAF sensor with the small opening? Thank you!
(#415)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Premium Plus Hatch
Default 09-05-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGamb
are we limited to ~22.5psi by a factory 2.5 BAR MAP sensor
Iím not always watching or logging, but Iíve seen up to 25.7 PSI with my JB4. Itís usually around 22ish but it fluctuates. (Even the stock map fluctuates, itís supposed to so donít worry) Overboost is set to 26 PSI.
(#416)
Old

Default 09-05-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_TPPH
Iím not always watching or logging, but Iíve seen up to 25.7 PSI with my JB4. Itís usually around 22ish but it fluctuates. (Even the stock map fluctuates, itís supposed to so donít worry) Overboost is set to 26 PSI.
Sounds like we've been blessed with a 3 BAR, with resolution up to ~30psi at sea level. That is good news. I understand load based tunes will not care about peak boost, but it's good to know we have that window for future upgrades. I'm prodding the bear at Corksport to deliver on a heat exchanger and larger reservoir for the liquid to air intercoolers on the Mazda 3 2.5T AWD.
(#417)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Premium Plus Hatch
Default 09-05-2021, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGamb
Sounds like we've been blessed with a 3 BAR, with resolution up to ~30psi at sea level. That is good news. I understand load based tunes will not care about peak boost, but it's good to know we have that window for future upgrades. I'm prodding the bear at Corksport to deliver on a heat exchanger and larger reservoir for the liquid to air intercoolers on the Mazda 3 2.5T AWD.
Glad Iím not the only one
(#418)
Old

Default 09-06-2021, 05:14 AM

Curious.....When I got the JB4 and installed it....It had maps 1....2....3..and 4 but NOW I only have map 0 (jb4 disconnected) map 1 91+ oct 21 psi and map 2 93+ and 24 psi.....Where did map 3 go?? I have NOT changed anything except the gauge scheme...... Just curious as I REALLY wanted to try map 3 if possible.......but don't remember the requirements.... octane level...ethanol percentage....anyone else have that happen?

Edit: This is on the jb4 app on my android phone ....Samsung s10 if that makes a difference

Last edited by joehinvt; 09-06-2021 at 07:37 AM..
(#419)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 2.5 Turbo
Default 09-06-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girthbrooks20
forged internals and...

The 2.5T has forged Crank and rods stock..
(#420)
Old

Default 09-06-2021, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tric_101
If the ring lands can cope with some punishment, we'll be in the clear with this 10.5:1 CR. I'm hoping the axles, diff, PTO, trans can all keep up!
(#421)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 2021 Turbo
Default 09-07-2021, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Curious.....When I got the JB4 and installed it....It had maps 1....2....3..and 4 but NOW I only have map 0 (jb4 disconnected) map 1 91+ oct 21 psi and map 2 93+ and 24 psi.....Where did map 3 go?? I have NOT changed anything except the gauge scheme...... Just curious as I REALLY wanted to try map 3 if possible.......but don't remember the requirements.... octane level...ethanol percentage....anyone else have that happen?

Edit: This is on the jb4 app on my android phone ....Samsung s10 if that makes a difference
I believe there's only Map 0, 1 and 2 right now. @Terry, will there be other maps coming out anytime soon?
(#422)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxn3r0
I believe there's only Map 0, 1 and 2 right now. @Terry, will there be other maps coming out anytime soon?
Yes I'm working on a few things now that we have more systems out in the wild. No set time frame but will let you guys know when we have something for you to test.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#423)
Old

Default 09-07-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tric_101
That's awesome. Does anyone have any data on what the current hardware can take? I read somewhere that Corksport is designing their 2.5t exhaust to accommodate 450 hp but I've gotta wonder what else would need to be upgraded along the way to support that.
(#424)
Old

Default 09-07-2021, 03:31 PM

Looks like backorders are a thing of the past or I got very fortunate - shipping confirmed! Thanks Burger!

Can @Terry or @Payam please explain the Ethanol blend usage with the current maps? I always run 93oct, but if the spark advance will self adjust to octane levels, I will run E30. Please let me know how you've configured the timing tables. Thank you!
(#425)
Old

Car: 2021 Maxda 3 2.5T AWD PP
Default Install went well... Performance is sweet. - 09-07-2021, 04:07 PM

I received my unit around 1:30pm CST. I could not wait to finish my meetings and get it installed. Mind that I was in immediate care all morning for a bad case of turf toe.... Not moving all that quickly.... Let alone Crawling on the garage floor to get the odb wire thru the grommet. Total install took about 30 minutes. The storms here in the Chicago area passed thru, so I was able to get in a test drive. There is definitely a difference that one can feel. So worth it. I wish I could post final install pics as it ended up very clean for a 30 minute job.

Josh
Nashville TN & Algonquin, IL
2021 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD Premium Plus Hatchback (Poly Metal)
Mods: None as of yet.

2006 Mazda Miata Sport (Red Copper Mica)
Mods: Many interior, Exterior and Performance changes.