JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#5126)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-05-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50RS4
Here's one using v8 (Map 3, Sport Plus). Looks like the fuel enrichment does kick in when afr's are under 12. I thought it was set to kick in at 12.5 in v7, did it change for v8? Everything look ok in the log?

Attachment 93806
Looks normal to me. There is a filtered AFR value that the JB4 uses the tune against.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5127)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 03-05-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks normal to me. There is a filtered AFR value that the JB4 uses the tune against.
Thanks Terry!

2020 M340xi - JB4 w/EWG, Dinan CAI
(#5128)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50S 3.0t Silver Sport
Default 03-05-2020, 02:33 PM

From watching the BoostinMotion videos I found that he doesn't recommend the fuel wires if your not using the E85 mix. Is this true? I'm only on pump Octane 94 (i'm in Canada), will I still see a benefit with it or should I take them off?
(#5129)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-05-2020, 03:35 PM

The fuel wires offer more benefit on pump fuels than E85 fuels, as E85 tends to lean the mixture out by maxing out the fuel trims on it's own. Either way if installed no reason ever to remove as you can enable/disable them in the app under options bit0.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5130)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50S 3.0t Silver Sport
Default 03-05-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
The fuel wires offer more benefit on pump fuels than E85 fuels, as E85 tends to lean the mixture out by maxing out the fuel trims on it's own. Either way if installed no reason ever to remove as you can enable/disable them in the app under options bit0.
Hi Terry thanks for clarifying that! That makes total sense as your right, the E85 mix does make the car run leaner. OK cool, I will keep using them then.

I also didn't know that just disabling the bit0 worked the same lol. Thanks.
(#5131)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default 03-05-2020, 07:52 PM

OK, just noticed new fuds. What do fud.1, fud.3 and fud.6 do? The rest seem self explanatory.
(#5132)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-05-2020, 10:28 PM

Those are just for diagnostic purposes at the moment.

Burger Motorsports

(#5133)
Old

Default EWG wires install - 03-07-2020, 01:30 AM

I just want to share my install experience on the ewg wires. Itís straightforward, the wires have male and female sides much like the JB4 harness. The ewg are located and visible from the side of the engine, just next to the charge *****. Examine the female side of BMS ewg closely and be familiar with the locking mechanism, again much like the JB4 harness.

The driver side is much more accessible than the passenger side. Facing the engine, on the passenger side, use your left hand, reach for the ewg plug and unclip it from the ewg. Use your thumb to release the clip lock while your index and middle fingers pull on the clip.

On the driver side, use your left thumb to push on the lock while your right hand pushes the plug up.

Be patient, the ewg plugs are plugged in really snug so you may need a few attempts to get the plugs to pop out. Make sure your engine is not hot. I may have done this like 20 or 30 times trying to troubleshoot a persistent cel after installing the wires. Kudos to Terry for staying up late and helped me fix my mistake... I switched the pins on the db25, thankfully an easy fix .

PICS >>> BMS EWG - Google Drive

-.-.-.-.-
2020 Q50 RS AWD
AEM 50-1200 LPFP
AMS/Infiniti CAI housing
BMS EWG wires
BMS intake inlets
BMS JB4 w/Bt
BMS fuel wires
BMS WMI kit
Custom 2.5in catback exhaust w/res
CZP LDP w/heat wrap
DevilsOwn 2.25gal WMI tank
Infiniti Sports Mufflers
Inline dual OEM/dual pass hx
Stillen RSB
Swift lowering springs
Z1 Motorsports 2 piece rotors front/rear
Z1 Motorsports subframe collars
(#5134)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 03-07-2020, 07:15 AM

Kudos on the install and very nice photos! Always cool to see an FSB in the image - WMI for the win!

Any preliminary performance/experience thoughts beyond the install?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ DO7ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS Catted FDP
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5Ē CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Dyno Tune (Hussain @ Racebox)
(#5135)
Old

Default 03-07-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Kudos on the install and very nice photos! Always cool to see an FSB in the image - WMI for the win!

Any preliminary performance/experience thoughts beyond the install?
I canít say much right now on performance until it comes out of beta. I will say that I like the new firmware with easier map switching and accurate gear reading.

-.-.-.-.-
2020 Q50 RS AWD
AEM 50-1200 LPFP
AMS/Infiniti CAI housing
BMS EWG wires
BMS intake inlets
BMS JB4 w/Bt
BMS fuel wires
BMS WMI kit
Custom 2.5in catback exhaust w/res
CZP LDP w/heat wrap
DevilsOwn 2.25gal WMI tank
Infiniti Sports Mufflers
Inline dual OEM/dual pass hx
Stillen RSB
Swift lowering springs
Z1 Motorsports 2 piece rotors front/rear
Z1 Motorsports subframe collars
(#5136)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 03-07-2020, 10:08 AM

Touchť ��

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ DO7ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS Catted FDP
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5Ē CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Dyno Tune (Hussain @ Racebox)
(#5137)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2020, 11:43 AM

Keeping all the Q50 EWG guys on milder settings for the moment until we fully sort out fueling for higher power levels. Still, there is a nice response and power benefit being reported.

Burger Motorsports

(#5138)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 03-08-2020, 06:46 AM

Anxious for them to come off backorder. About to order my tires

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5139)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
Anxious for them to come off backorder. About to order my tires
Right now we have an employee making them by hand so it's just however many he can make we'll be adding to the site. We're hesitant to open up ordering because customers may wind up waiting weeks or longer for them if everyone orders at once.

Burger Motorsports

(#5140)
Old

Default 03-08-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Right now we have an employee making them by hand so it's just however many he can make we'll be adding to the site. We're hesitant to open up ordering because customers may wind up waiting weeks or longer for them if everyone orders at once.
Respect to that employee! My tires are en route so my focus is there, I will never rush you or your team for a product. I'm way too appreciative to ever bite the hand that feeds my fix

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5141)
Old

Car: 16 Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD
Default 03-08-2020, 07:30 PM

Same here, I am patiently waiting for them to become available. I may add that I do have exclusive access to my buddies dyno for testing as soon as I get a set and some direction for tuning them. Thanks!

2020 BMW M340ix Portimao Blue
K&N drop in, JB+, Intake muffler delete

2016 Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD (GONE)
K&N drop ins
Megan Racing Lowers
Megan Racing Y p!p3
BMS Heat Exchanger
JB4 W/fuel wires Map 6 custom
E20ish mix made 413whp 410wtq (17-18psi peak)
(#5142)
Old

Car: 2017 q60 ss
Default 03-08-2020, 09:02 PM

Question about the install

While installing the harness on the drivers side I noticed a small orange rubber band pop out of the sensor while disconnecting the cable . I couldn’t figure out if this was attached to the sensor or the oem wire . Either ways I did not end up putting it back in either, does anyone know what I’m referring to and where it should go on the install ?
(#5143)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-09-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslug2000
Question about the install

While installing the harness on the drivers side I noticed a small orange rubber band pop out of the sensor while disconnecting the cable . I couldnít figure out if this was attached to the sensor or the oem wire . Either ways I did not end up putting it back in either, does anyone know what Iím referring to and where it should go on the install ?
Got a picture? Could just be a rubber seal.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#5144)
Old

Default 03-11-2020, 12:25 PM

what kind of install/uninstall times are you guys experiencing with the EWG wires? I expect this is another plug that needs to be removed prior to going to the dealership so I am curious what to expect from a reinstall standpoint each time

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5145)
Old

Car: q50
Default 03-11-2020, 03:26 PM

It's not like the fuel wires that are manually secured with posi taps, it's like the map sensors that are plug and play so it shouldn't be a big deal. Hard part is just reaching them.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#5146)
Old

Car: 17' Q50S
Default 03-11-2020, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
It's not like the fuel wires that are manually secured with posi taps, it's like the map sensors that are plug and play so it shouldn't be a big deal. Hard part is just reaching them.
I thought this item was made by Burger but apparently there's a person that make a plug and play connection for the fuel wire too.
(#5147)
Old

Default 03-11-2020, 03:42 PM

Anyone have a catch can with EWG harness? Is my catch can gonna end up being in the way on the driver's side?

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5148)
Old

Car: q50
Default 03-11-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd3toe46
I thought this item was made by Burger but apparently there's a person that make a plug and play connection for the fuel wire too.
Seems easy enough if you get the right connectors.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#5149)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2020, 04:56 PM

EWG connectors are fairly easy to attach and disconnect.

Burger Motorsports

(#5150)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 03-11-2020, 06:34 PM

Question on the max boost per gear -

It’s set to 0 by default (disabled). If I set it to 1, is that similar to the way map 6 user adjustment works (+1 PSI over stock)?

I’m currently on map 6 ranging from +2-4 PSI (2-5k RPM) and would like my first gear to just be stock boost (or even just +1 PSI over stock, max) since it’s a useless gear in my RWD RS400. What do you recommend I set the Max Boost 1st value to?

Thanks!

2019 Q50 RS400 RWD
BMS Intake with inlets
JB4