N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135i
Default Fuse Tap - Powering multiple devices - 11-06-2017, 04:10 AM

Hello All,

I've got a few devices that I'd like to power off of the 135i N54 fuse box.

1. Dashcam
2. iPhone Charger
3. Radar Detector
3. JB4 Connect Kit

I'd like the power to be received from the battery to these devices only when the ignition is turned on. I've identified that fuse No. 5 exhibits this behaviour.

I've purchase a fuse tap and would like to know if I can connect all 4 devices, to the same fuse tap No.5, or do I need to find 4 x seperate ignition fuse locations individually.

I was thinking that I could have all the device hot (red) wires connect to the fuse tap hot wire together, then have all the ground wires connect together to a bolt on the chassis.

Will this work?

Thanks.
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 11-06-2017, 04:37 AM

i'm using also fuse #5 10Amp for my USB power for the JB4 Bluetooth,

your dash cam and other devices requires USB connection or same as lighter socket, I guess its better for you to have something as USB hub or sockets so you have 1 tap to the fuse then connect the devices via that hub.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3)
Old

Default 11-07-2017, 10:47 AM

I've purchased something like this. Do you think this will be fine running all 4 devices from the one 10 amp fuse (#5)?

Thanks
Attached Images

(#4)
Old

Default 11-07-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonnevis
I've purchased something like this. Do you think this will be fine running all 4 devices from the one 10 amp fuse (#5)?

Thanks
I have one of those. Blew the fuse the second day I had it. (radar detector/power cord for Bluetooth AUX input blew it)

I put a 15amp fuse in it since with no issues powering the above 2 items along with charging a phone or two.

2010 E88 135i manual/sport package

KWV3'3, M3 arms | ARC 8's 235/275 PS4s | MFactory Flywheel w/ Spec Stage 2+| AR downp*pes | Magnaflows | 7" VRSF IC| RB Next Gen +| inlets/outlets | ER Charge pipe| Tial BOV| BMS intake| JB4 with BEF | fuel-it stage 2 bucketless and Holley hydromat | NGK colder plugs | MHD back end flash and jb4
(#5)
Old

Default 11-08-2017, 02:13 AM

Thanks for sharing, I'll make sure I drop in at least a 15amp for sure then..

Cheers.