N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Go Back   N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion > General > DIY Modification
Reload this Page DIY: Dual Walbro 450's and Hobbs Switch Install

(#26)
Old

Car: 335i xdrive
Default 06-16-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Looks to me like the whole point of this is to sell Tundra's $150 bracket that costs about $10 or $15 to have made in bulk.
Come on Steve. Don't stoop to this. Why are you trying to turn this into a pissing contest. You are supposed to be a mod and provide neutral bias on postings, however so far you have not done so. This has turned into a justify my pricing exercise instead of the advance the platform topic that it was supposed to be.

If you want to talk about posts from other forums:

He charged me ~$150 for the bracket, materials and other stuff. I didn't mind paying him for his time because I knew the end result would possibly advance things for the entire community. This was me paying money to get help for the community...that's it. Fortunately for us he was willing to spend a LOT of time testing and retesting parts and pieces to make this work. Considering this was worked on over WEEKS I don't think he made a lot of money on helping me.

He's offering it to anyone else that wants to try it for half of what I paid and is throwing in the lines, tee, clamps and anything else needed. NO ONE is offering this to anyone else at this price. If he's trying to sell this stuff for a profit as you claim I'm not seeing how he's making any money.

I could turn this around and put you and your products under the microscope and talk about how much it actually cost you to produce your products and what you are selling it for but I don't because I really could care less. Some people want to be able to brag to their friends that they have this part from this company and they paid this much for it...that's cool with me because its their money. I don't follow that path. I like to build stuff and wrench on my own car and for those out there like me, this offering is something to consider and possibly build on.

Now can we stick to the topic?
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 06-16-2017, 09:23 AM

Please review your own posts, I believe you will then understand why we have responded.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#28)
Old

Car: a slow one
Default 06-17-2017, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Looks to me like the whole point of this is to sell Tundra's $150 bracket that costs about $10 or $15 to have made in bulk.
Sorry Steve I'm not one who takes and marks things up just for gee wiz and takes advantage of people. You know like that e85 sensor found anywhere on Google for $84 and you list it on your website for $120, but I forgot RnD right pushing that search button must so difficult.... lmao
(#29)
Old

Default 06-17-2017, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC
Come on Steve. Don't stoop to this. Why are you trying to turn this into a pissing contest. You are supposed to be a mod and provide neutral bias on postings, however so far you have not done so. This has turned into a justify my pricing exercise instead of the advance the platform topic that it was supposed to be.

If you want to talk about posts from other forums:

He charged me ~$150 for the bracket, materials and other stuff. I didn't mind paying him for his time because I knew the end result would possibly advance things for the entire community. This was me paying money to get help for the community...that's it. Fortunately for us he was willing to spend a LOT of time testing and retesting parts and pieces to make this work. Considering this was worked on over WEEKS I don't think he made a lot of money on helping me.

He's offering it to anyone else that wants to try it for half of what I paid and is throwing in the lines, tee, clamps and anything else needed. NO ONE is offering this to anyone else at this price. If he's trying to sell this stuff for a profit as you claim I'm not seeing how he's making any money.

I could turn this around and put you and your products under the microscope and talk about how much it actually cost you to produce your products and what you are selling it for but I don't because I really could care less. Some people want to be able to brag to their friends that they have this part from this company and they paid this much for it...that's cool with me because its their money. I don't follow that path. I like to build stuff and wrench on my own car and for those out there like me, this offering is something to consider and possibly build on.

Now can we stick to the topic?
He knows better I try and help people out and I don't take advantage of anyone even if I could, can't say the same for some!

The topic is Tec your setup is half the cost or even less to include the hobbs switch and has no venturi which will equate to awesome flow and you can keep your first born.....lol Tec
(#30)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi jb+ VSRF ******* DP DCI cabin filter delete
Default 06-17-2017, 11:06 PM

Very nice work! This platform has come a long way since I got into it a few years ago, and it's people like you who push the envelope and push vendors to keep prices in check. There will always be those who would rather spend the money than mess with fabrication, but it's great having this option for those that can fabricate! I'm interested in this setup for my new single project. Can you elaborate on the hydramats?

2014 M5 1 of 577 6spd awaiting MORE BOOST
07 Cayman 5sp
08 Cayman S 6spd
02 996 TT 6spd more boossttt
04 Gallardo gated 6spd
(#31)
Old

Default 06-18-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xiboost
Very nice work! This platform has come a long way since I got into it a few years ago, and it's people like you who push the envelope and push vendors to keep prices in check. There will always be those who would rather spend the money than mess with fabrication, but it's great having this option for those that can fabricate! I'm interested in this setup for my new single project. Can you elaborate on the hydramats?
The hydramats are awesome. As long as it's touching gas it will soak it up and push it through the pump regardless of g forces. By having the mats touching the lowest part of the tank you can run the tank down to a tablespoon of gas (not recommended). This means you can empty your tank, put a gallon of race gas in autocross, drag race, or whatever and as long as the hydramats is touching the gas your golden.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/
(#32)
Old

Default 06-18-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC
The hydramats are awesome. As long as it's touching gas it will soak it up and push it through the pump regardless of g forces. By having the mats touching the lowest part of the tank you can run the tank down to a tablespoon of gas (not recommended). This means you can empty your tank, put a gallon of race gas in autocross, drag race, or whatever and as long as the hydramats is touching the gas your golden.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/
Exactly why the bucket is kept it has two slots for the for side hoses to come over and drench those pads at all times @335xiBoost
(#33)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-18-2017, 11:12 PM

TEC thank you for the guide! I am currently building the same setup and I'll reach out to 07tundra for the bracket + lines. It is absolutely insane the prices that fuel-it charges. I find it hilarious how they throw around phrases such as "tuned venturi", "engineered" and act like installing an off the shelf fuel pump into a bucket is some sort of engineering feat that comes with "inherit risks" if done yourself, as Steve puts is...
(#34)
Old

Default 06-19-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kervio
TEC thank you for the guide! I am currently building the same setup and I'll reach out to 07tundra for the bracket + lines. It is absolutely insane the prices that fuel-it charges. I find it hilarious how they throw around phrases such as "tuned venturi", "engineered" and act like installing an off the shelf fuel pump into a bucket is some sort of engineering feat that comes with "inherit risks" if done yourself, as Steve puts is...
Its pretty much plug and play once you get the assembly back from 07Tundra, but let me know if you need any assistance.

Like I said before, some people want that name brand item to add to their list of car mods...I get that. I just want the performance and to know it works. I'd be pissed to find out that I overpaid for something that I could do myself.
(#35)
Old

Default 06-19-2017, 11:54 AM

Kervio, Steve seems to be a good guy he started this back in 2013-2014 I think with good intentions but when he saw what he could charge because some folks don't bother to do a little research the BMW tax got to him which is a shame. Same goes for Vinshu the maker of the proceed some claim it to be better than the jb but Terry made it affordable to all and great customer service, the way it should be. This bull**** that this is a BMW is exactly that the basics are the same why should there be a mark up just because? I will continue to work on my own stuff and if I can help folks out I will. Just two individuals said I cldnt fit 305s in the back......I'll stop that's a different thread lol
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2017, 03:53 PM

Thank you for visiting our website. We aren't hiding anything and if look at the ethanol sensor, we give you the part number (unlike most companies) so if you want to source it elsewhere, you can certainly do so. Unfortunately we can't sell items for the same price we purchase them for or we'd go bankrupt in short order.

As we said...DIY will always be less expensive.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#37)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Default 06-20-2017, 05:52 AM

DIY will also help those out in the future who wish to put their purses down and get their hands dirty.. Absolutely nothing at all wrong with someone tackling a project themselves IMO.. As long as it's done right, rock on..!

MR F30 335i - MSport - Stock AF
(#38)
Old

Default 06-20-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode335i
DIY will also help those out in the future who wish to put their purses down and get their hands dirty.. Absolutely nothing at all wrong with someone tackling a project themselves IMO.. As long as it's done right, rock on..!
That's the beauty of this, with the exception of modifying the fuel feed line, which takes all of 1 min, its all plug and play. There is nothing more to do than what you would have to do if you picked up a commercially produced setup.
(#39)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Default 06-20-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC
That's the beauty of this, with the exception of modifying the fuel feed line, which takes all of 1 min, its all plug and play. There is nothing more to do than what you would have to do if you picked up a commercially produced setup.
Exactly.. I fully support Steve and his business as I've done in the past by using his products.. But if someone tackles an endeavor like this, and succeeds all while saving money, that's awesome.. Too many people now and days just buy **** and when it breaks they are clueless, so by getting in there and wrenching around to fix or upgrade things, will always net a huge salute from me..

MR F30 335i - MSport - Stock AF
(#40)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 07-02-2017, 04:39 PM

Love this design. I can't afford to buy a stage 3 or stage 4 so I will attempt a DIY. What kind of a hobbs switch is needed?
Sorry I'm in England. Otherwise I'd buy from you guys.

UK FBO 335i, ̶V̶T̶T̶ ̶G̶C̶s̶ China 19T, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#41)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 07-03-2017, 04:35 AM

Anyone?

UK FBO 335i, ̶V̶T̶T̶ ̶G̶C̶s̶ China 19T, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#42)
Old

Default Hobbs - 07-03-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS
Love this design. I can't afford to buy a stage 3 or stage 4 so I will attempt a DIY. What kind of a hobbs switch is needed?
Sorry I'm in England. Otherwise I'd buy from you guys.
Hey sorry I'm not on here much at all plus I'm on vacation for a month lol I'll pm you
(#43)
Old

Default 07-17-2017, 04:04 PM

Update your account so we can see photos
(#44)
Old

Default 07-17-2017, 08:05 PM

@TEC
(#45)
Old

Default 07-17-2017, 08:38 PM

I'm out of the country so as soon as I can I will try to take care of it.
(#46)
Old

Car: E46 M3
Default 07-25-2017, 11:56 PM

Shame the pics dont work
(#47)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 09-19-2017, 05:05 PM

Please fix pics! Would be super helpful with my DIY Stage 3 as well.
@TEC
(#48)
Old

Car: 2008 335i E92 MT
Default 09-29-2017, 12:10 AM

Here's a tip: don't use photobucket. Use imgur.com or the integrated upload feature in the forum.

2010 335i AT: Stock
(#49)
Old

Default 09-29-2017, 09:10 AM

@TEC donīt forget us !!!!!
please, the pics !!
(#50)
Old

Default 10-15-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC
I don't get why people arent excited about this.
Its because we cant see the photos!!! LOL

looking forward to getting my fuel system upgraded over the winter, thanks for the DIY TEC!!!

2010 E88 135i manual/sport package

KWV3'3, M3 arms | ARC 8's 235/275 PS4s | MFactory Flywheel w/ Spec Stage 2+| AR downp*pes | Magnaflows | 7" VRSF IC| RB Next Gen +| inlets/outlets | ER Charge pipe| Tial BOV| BMS intake| JB4 with BEF | fuel-it stage 2 bucketless and Holley hydromat | NGK colder plugs | MHD back end flash and jb4