N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#826)
Old

Car: x6m F96
Default EWG error charging pressure F96 comp 2021 - 03-30-2021, 05:20 PM

I ran non EWG for a few months. Just connected them. Ran for 5 days no issues. Then hard on the throttle today and drive train malfunction, and this code. 120719 Charging pressure control: Charging pressure too high dme8ff_l Digital Engine Electronics 2.

Does this mean to much boost?? I haven't changed any settings.

I'm running the latest version of firmware Version 11.

2021 F96 93 high grade octane. Map 2. I will log in the morning Map 0, Map 1, Map 2, Map 3. See where the issue is. Unless this is a know problem or a quick tweak in the Jb4 settings can be done to remedy.
(#827)
Old

Default 03-30-2021, 05:21 PM

Yes. I also have Bimmer Link app on iphone. It reads and clears codes.
(#828)
Old

Car: X5M
Default 03-31-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanaswan
Yes. I also have Bimmer Link app on iphone. It reads and clears codes.
Oh cool Iíll look into that. I may have to remove and take in to dealership as Iím stuck in the Reduced Power mode and canít seem to clear it. Not how I wanted to make my first trip to the dealership but Iím at a loss as to what to do.
(#829)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-01-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I ran non EWG for a few months. Just connected them. Ran for 5 days no issues. Then hard on the throttle today and drive train malfunction, and this code. 120719 Charging pressure control: Charging pressure too high dme8ff_l Digital Engine Electronics 2.

Does this mean to much boost?? I haven't changed any settings.

I'm running the latest version of firmware Version 11.

2021 F96 93 high grade octane. Map 2. I will log in the morning Map 0, Map 1, Map 2, Map 3. See where the issue is. Unless this is a know problem or a quick tweak in the Jb4 settings can be done to remedy.
120719 is a known false alarm fault that rears head from time to time. It just means we had boost at partial throttle a little higher than expected. It seems to be EWG related, you could disable EWG by turning on options bit5 to confirm/verify.

As to the real fix waiting for more logs from people who are able to easily recreate to continue to track down the cause.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#830)
Old

Car: X5M
Default 04-01-2021, 11:19 AM

Update: Terry said to check connections possible know EWG issue. Uninstalled the JB4, reinstalled and triple checked all connections. The CEL cleared right away. I then drove around for a bit, then filled up with a fresh tank of E30. Switched to Map 3 and ran a 6.84 60-130 Extremely impressed with E30/Intake/Map 3
Happy Customer.

EDIT: Terry Ill get you new logs.
(#831)
Old

Default EWG error - 04-03-2021, 08:16 AM

Hi Terry,

Cleared codes via app. I can get it to error typically within a 10 minute hard drive. Seems to cut power when drive train malfunction pops up. Then after a minute feels like I have full power again like it never happened even though the error is still present on the idrive screen.

I ran some logs. I can do more and hopefully we can see the trigger for the fault. I don't want to disable EWG. the power is addicting. For sure a difference.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M0_R10_210331_1808.csv (127.5 KB, 94 views)
File Type: csv P24_M3_R1_210106_1445.csv (72.3 KB, 87 views)
File Type: csv P24_M3_R1_210213_0922.csv (73.2 KB, 89 views)
(#832)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivenagain
Update: Terry said to check connections possible know EWG issue. Uninstalled the JB4, reinstalled and triple checked all connections. The CEL cleared right away. I then drove around for a bit, then filled up with a fresh tank of E30. Switched to Map 3 and ran a 6.84 60-130 Extremely impressed with E30/Intake/Map 3
Happy Customer.

EDIT: Terry Ill get you new logs.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#833)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry,

Cleared codes via app. I can get it to error typically within a 10 minute hard drive. Seems to cut power when drive train malfunction pops up. Then after a minute feels like I have full power again like it never happened even though the error is still present on the idrive screen.

I ran some logs. I can do more and hopefully we can see the trigger for the fault. I don't want to disable EWG. the power is addicting. For sure a difference.
I don't check this forum enough for real time tech support so just email me for assistance!

Burger Motorsports

(#834)
Old

Car: 335
Default 04-30-2021, 05:52 AM

Who is running dp with a Jb4? If so have you seen a bump in performance ? Thanks !
(#835)
Old

Car: 2013 550i m-sport
Default 05-02-2021, 04:05 PM

No lol but I'll check with a draggy soon and see
(#836)
Old

Car: 2020 M5 competition
Default 05-17-2021, 07:39 PM

got the car dynode the other day with three maps. did map0, Map1, and Map3 since Map 2 is always over boosting. Map0- 601whp 553wtq map1- 596whp 607wtq and Map3- 648whp 631wtq. surprised map1 did less hp over the stock tune. been having a lot of issues lately and cant seem to get it dialed in. ever since I plugged the waste gate sensors in I've been having the issues. map2 hits 33-34lbs of boost and shuts the jb4 off. Any input from anyone.
(#837)
Old

Default 05-17-2021, 07:42 PM

ive had ********* on mine and its honestly tough to say if its had a lot of gains. map3 for me on good 93 my car made 648whp and 631wtq. Map2 I cant even run cause car over boost to 33-34lbs and shuts the jb4 off completely
(#838)
Old

Car: 2013 550i m-sport
Default 05-17-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefM5comp
ive had ********* on mine and its honestly tough to say if its had a lot of gains. map3 for me on good 93 my car made 648whp and 631wtq. Map2 I cant even run cause car over boost to 33-34lbs and shuts the jb4 off completely
Send terry logs but did you try latest software and lowering ff slightly? What is ff at
(#839)
Old

Car: F90 M5
Default 05-25-2021, 12:50 PM

My Car just did it, same false alarm and its been on Map 0 for a while so be founded as to why, i could understand maybe a selected Map fault, Also why can't we switch between Maps on the fly now, JB4 not really doing it for me at the moment guys!
(#840)
Old

Default 05-28-2021, 08:20 AM

I checked my FF on map2 its at 82. seems high other maps its at 50.
(#841)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 05-28-2021, 10:19 AM

FF is dynamic and will learn over time based on a number of variables.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#842)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-M5
Also why can't we switch between Maps on the fly now,
On the F90 map switching is done via the app and can be done on the fly.

Burger Motorsports

(#843)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechguy90
Who is running dp with a Jb4? If so have you seen a bump in performance ? Thanks !
Minimal gains, and you'll have a CEL and odor, so I can't say we suggest them.

Burger Motorsports

(#844)
Old

Default 06-09-2021, 07:06 AM

Noticed a new firmware update HeX4

So ran the car and the dreaded code pop up. Same one on new firmware. Map 2 feels strong however.

Last edited by evanaswan; 06-10-2021 at 12:37 PM..
(#845)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2021, 01:46 PM

If anyone is having an easy to recreate "boost too high" sort of fault with the latest firmware versions that goes away when options bit5 is turned on to disable EWG, and is will to test a few things out, drop me an email. First thing I want to do is test some older firmware versions to see when this bug cropped up exactly so we can stomp it out! terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#846)
Old

Car: 2022 M8 Comp Convertible
Default 08-20-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If anyone is having an easy to recreate "boost too high" sort of fault with the latest firmware versions that goes away when options bit5 is turned on to disable EWG, and is will to test a few things out, drop me an email. First thing I want to do is test some older firmware versions to see when this bug cropped up exactly so we can stomp it out! terry@burgertuning.com
Hello Terry new customer here. Just got the JB4 today. What is your email to send you my logs?

Thanks
(#847)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM8Comp
Hello Terry new customer here. Just got the JB4 today. What is your email to send you my logs?

Thanks
terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#848)
Old

Car: 2022 M8 Comp Convertible
Default 08-21-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map 2 logs sent
(#849)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-22-2021, 12:01 PM

Thanks! I have v12 firmware posted to the app and could use some addl logs on that, especially comp cars with EWG enabled.

Burger Motorsports

(#850)
Old

Default Terry - 09-14-2021, 11:43 AM

Here is a log. I'm emailing you as well. I recall you may not be in this thread very often. I'm f96 comp with EWG. I can get it to error now. Seems just hard throttle, let off quickly and hit hard throttle again then the error pops up.

I'm on your latest firm ware. Just updated 2 days ago.

-Evan
Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M3_R1_210913_1730.csv (7.5 KB, 17 views)