N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#801)
Old

Car: 2021 M5 Competition
Default 03-08-2021, 08:26 AM

I installed the JB4 in my 2021 M5c with both Tmap and wastegate plugs installed.
No other mods. I keep getting a drivetrain malfunction with error codes 120700 and 12071a.
Sometimes it pops up on partial throttle and other times at wide open throttle.
I was on version 9 and recently updated to version 10. I run 93 oct.
any suggestions on what the problem might be?
When I first installed the jb4 I was only using the Tmap plugs and had no codes ever pop up but I didnít really feel any power gains until I installed the wastegate plugs.
In stock mode no codes pop up, only when I go to map 1 or above do they appear.
(#802)
Old

Default 03-08-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano
I installed the JB4 in my 2021 M5c with both Tmap and wastegate plugs installed.
No other mods. I keep getting a drivetrain malfunction with error codes 120700 and 12071a.
When I first installed the jb4 I was only using the Tmap plugs and had no codes ever pop up but I didnít really feel any power gains until I installed the wastegate plugs.
Go over your installation again, you may have messed something up there, otherwise why did you upload version 10 when the newest version is 11/T3? I installed the new revised firmware a couple of days ago and am running Map 2 on an E20 mix, no codes, pulls like a rocket.
(#803)
Old

Car: 2020 M5 competition
Default 03-08-2021, 08:36 PM

so should I be running the updated version of firmware V9 or keep running V10? Im trying play around with the maps more but would like some more guidance on them. When would I ever use maps 3-5? what fuel is needed to run those maps that have a higher boost level? Can you explain absolute boost profile a bit more hope to get some more info from you Terry as im trying to see what this car can do.
(#804)
Old

Default 03-08-2021, 08:41 PM

now with the latest firmware update are you guys having your waste gate plugs connected? I currently don't have them connected as it was putting my car into limp mode or a drivetrain malfunction.
(#805)
Old

Car: BMW M5 2018
Default 03-11-2021, 06:28 PM

Newbie here. For a stock 2018 BMW M5 (no hardware changes) with just the TMAPS connections and using 93 octane gas (no additives) for everyday drive - what is the highest map that I can use map1 or map2? If I connect EWG and OBD connections in the same scenario what is the highest I can go? Thank you!
(#806)
Old

Default 03-11-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natncn
Newbie here. For a stock 2018 BMW M5 (no hardware changes) with just the TMAPS connections and using 93 octane gas (no additives) for everyday drive - what is the highest map that I can use map1 or map2? If I connect EWG and OBD connections in the same scenario what is the highest I can go? Thank you!
From what i know you can't go above map 1 without the connectors. Once you connect the connectors and OBD2 you can select any map you want based on fuel. 91-93oct map 1, 93oct and some octane booster or up to 4 gallons of E85 (E20 mix) map 2 and 3, anything above that you should run 100oct and i wouldn't mix any E85 with that.
(#807)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2021, 08:16 AM

You can use map1 or map2 without EWG connectors, although connecting them will further improve performance on both maps.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#808)
Old

Default 03-12-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can use map1 or map2 without EWG connectors, although connecting them will further improve performance on both maps.
Thank you Terry, can I use map 2 with pump 93 octane (no additives), stock (no hardware changes), and only TMAPS connected, for everyday drive?
(#809)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Thank you Terry, can I use map 2 with pump 93 octane (no additives), stock (no hardware changes), and only TMAPS connected, for everyday drive?
Yes you can

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#810)
Old

Default 03-12-2021, 01:48 PM

hey Terry so with my M5 comp. should I have the EWG sensors plugged in. I ran into an issue of the car doing a drivetrain malfunction having them connected and lost power. after I disconnected both of them and ran the stock car went back to normal. Now that im running the correct map2 and not the base map2 should I plug them back in?
(#811)
Old

Default 03-12-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Yes you can
Great, thank you. In this scenario what would be the difference in HP and Torque between the map1 and map2. Thank you again.
(#812)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2021, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Great, thank you. In this scenario what would be the difference in HP and Torque between the map1 and map2. Thank you again.
Map2 is not going to be able to hit its target without EWG but should still make a few HP more than map1.

Burger Motorsports

(#813)
Old

Car: 2021 M5 Competition
Default 03-19-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down4it
Go over your installation again, you may have messed something up there, otherwise why did you upload version 10 when the newest version is 11/T3? I installed the new revised firmware a couple of days ago and am running Map 2 on an E20 mix, no codes, pulls like a rocket.
Install is fine. Not really a complicated installation to screw up.
I installed version 10 instead of 11 because I figured try it first.
Iíll give 11 a try but I donít think itís going to do much.
I sent my logs to them and said everything looks fine but mentioned nothing about the 120719, 12071A and 120710 errors I get.

For the most part I can avoid the errors. Ive had them pop up under 2 conditions.
1 was tapping the redline in 3rd in manual mode which is my fault. I hardly ever use the paddles anyways but it still shouldnít throw a error for that.
2nd is under certain part throttle conditions. Kind of hard to explain but if Iím driving in auto in a more aggressive mode and half throttle to say pull out my neighborhood on to a main road if I give too aggressive of a throttle input to where the car gears up thinking about to mash the pedal but I instead give a more normal driving pedal Iíve had it thrown the code for that. Its almost like the car recognized I wasnít going to nail it but the jb4 didnít realize that yet.
Besides that I can drive the car normal or aggressive and I wonít throw a code.
I just need to be more mindful of how I apply throttle. Iím coming from a 2018 750 so Iím use to a more lazy peddle versus the M5 in any mode besides the default start up mode when everything is lazy.
(#814)
Old

Car: x6m F96
Default 03-22-2021, 09:37 AM

Octane Boosters. Do I buy a 54 gallon drum of MS109 or go with Torco, Boostane, VP Octanium. Seems the additives are more cost effective. With Maps 4,5 and so on what Octane am I aiming for? Full 100? just asking what works best.
(#815)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-23-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanaswan
Octane Boosters. Do I buy a 54 gallon drum of MS109 or go with Torco, Boostane, VP Octanium. Seems the additives are more cost effective. With Maps 4,5 and so on what Octane am I aiming for? Full 100? just asking what works best.
100 unleaded octane is what we recommend for the higher boost maps. Ms109 is my personal favorite.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#816)
Old

Car: X5M
Default 03-24-2021, 06:14 AM

I have a JB4 on order. 2018 M5 CCBs Project Gamma Intake.
Looking to improve on my current numbers.
10.85 @ 129mph - 7.96 60-130
I look forward to sharing logs/data etc. once I get the JB4 installed
Jason
(#817)
Old

Default 03-25-2021, 05:58 PM

Hey Terry. So I just got back from tx2k and ran my car a few times on the street. Now I downloaded version 11 and am noticing whenever on WOT in map2 im seeing overboost roughly 33-34lbs of boost and then it'll kick me out of map2 and put it to map 0. Switched to map3 running 93 octane and seeing the correct boost levels and doesn't kick me out. figured id inform you on what I've been dealing with. idk if it has to do with the down ***** or not running the correct fuel. Im not sure what the fix is if its just fuel or if im needing to add additional mods.
(#818)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 03-26-2021, 11:48 AM

Hi I just received my jb4. I have evolve stage 2 e40 and want jb4 for mainly
Logging and minor tweaks if needed. Should I stay on map 0 and update firmware to 11-T3?
Current tune is on a 23psi map. Thanks
(#819)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-26-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtatx
Hi I just received my jb4. I have evolve stage 2 e40 and want jb4 for mainly
Logging and minor tweaks if needed. Should I stay on map 0 and update firmware to 11-T3?
Current tune is on a 23psi map. Thanks
Yes map0 to start! Email the log to terry@burgertuning.com and I'll check it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#820)
Old

Default 03-26-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Yes map0 to start! Email the log to terry@burgertuning.com and I'll check it out.
Terry, for this type of scenario (monitoring and minor tweaks) do you need to have all connections hooked up or just OBD and TMAPS?
(#821)
Old

Default 03-30-2021, 08:02 AM

2018 M5 CCBs Project Gamma Intake E30/Splash of VP Octanium
Installed JB4 yesterday and started with Map1 on 93 trapped 131 and 7.52 60-130
Switched to Map2, added E30 blend with a splash of VP Octanium, trap went up to 133 and 60-130 dropped to 7.08 Just emailed my file to Terry. Hoping with further tweaks I can get into the 6.XX 60-130
Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M2_R1_210329_193459.csv (84.1 KB, 67 views)
(#822)
Old

Default 03-30-2021, 01:39 PM

While rolling onto throttle in Map 2 I got a CEL, Drivetrain Malfunction. Car is in "reduced power mode" for a Drivetrain Malfunction that I can't clear with the JB4. Code 123408 120408 123426 Just pulled neg terminal on battery. Anyone seen this? Thanks.
(#823)
Old

Default 03-30-2021, 04:41 PM

Car is stuck in reduced power mode and donít know how to clear it. JB4 wonít clear Code 123426 I donít know what to do. If anyone can lend assistance would be great. Still on paper plates and i feel like an ass. Thanks.
(#824)
Old

Car: x6m F96
Default 120700 Error Code - 03-30-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano
When I first installed the jb4 I was only using the Tmap plugs and had no codes ever pop up but I didn’t really feel any power gains until I installed the wastegate plugs.
I ran non EWG for a few months. Just connected them. Ran for 5 days no issues then hard on the throttle today and drive train malfunction and this code. 120719 Charging pressure control: Charging pressure too high dme8ff_l Digital Engine Electronics 2.

Does this mean to much boost??

I'm running the latest version of firmware. Version 11. Did you get a fix to this?/?/??
2021 f96 93 high grade octane. Map 2. I will log in the morning Map 0, Map 1, Map 2, Map 3. See where the issue is. Seems it's a pressure

Last edited by evanaswan; 03-30-2021 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: addingg
(#825)
Old

Default 03-30-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanaswan
I ran non EWG for a few months. Just connected them. Ran for 5 days no issues then hard on the throttle today and drive train malfunction and this code. 120700. I'm running the latest version of firmware. Version 11. Did you get a fix to this?/?/??
2021 f96 93 high grade octane. Map 2
Are you able to clear your codes?