N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#601)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 12-10-2019, 10:08 AM

Last time I asked for a while I promise. Can you logs at these map 7 logs. Turned up the boost safety to 28 and those couple psi you can definitely feel! One of the graphs looks like I was getting close to 30 psi? I thought 27 was the highest on map 7?

Anyways I was gonna hit up Import Face Off test and tune at the Las Vegas motor speedway this sunday and wanna make sure everything is dialed in and im not hurting anything. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-10 07_37_54_Map-7.csv (15.6 KB, 197 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-09 10_07_03_Map-7.csv (12.7 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by yellowssm; 12-10-2019 at 10:50 AM..
(#602)
Old

Car: 2019 BMW M5
Default 12-10-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
When multiple cylinders drop at the same time, it's a dynamic torque reduction. Usually from the traction control system. You also see the DME lower it's boost target here. Looks fairly routine to me.
I was wondering about that. You're right, TC was on, but it was AWD mode at a high speed so I didn't think it would cut the power. Forgot about the torque reduction. Thanks!
(#603)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 12-10-2019, 11:29 AM

Quick off topic question. I was planning to take out rear seats for some weight reduction, but I see there is a wire plugged in. Can I unplug that wire and drive the car with no problems? I remember back in the days they told me not to remove front passenger seat for my E46 M3 cause it will throw air bag light and that will cause none of the airbags to work if I got in an accident

Last edited by yellowssm; 12-10-2019 at 11:37 AM..
(#604)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdriver177
I was wondering about that. You're right, TC was on, but it was AWD mode at a high speed so I didn't think it would cut the power. Forgot about the torque reduction. Thanks!
To make it easier to spot I've added in more cylinder timing values. Working our way up to all 8.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#605)
Old

Car: F90 M5
Default 12-11-2019, 01:47 AM

To touch back on the codes and errors i was getting..

Erased all the codes, left the 100 oct pump gas in the tank and kept the car in map 0 and 1, and after driving all day and logging the car did not get any codes, I then tried map 3-5..

I was checking codes after each pull/logg. Did multiple 60-130 logs in all maps and no signs of codes, CEL or limp mode.

Before going home decided to log a 1/4th mile run in map 5 ( planning on running this map or map 7 at a drag racing event this Saturday with MS109 )
Used LC - launch control, spun all 4s and ran 10.83@133.19mph w/1.85 60ft, and TRIGGERED A CODE Could it be because it spun??)

104620 ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSOR 2, intake manifold, plausibility: pressure too high
No CEL or And no drivetrain malfunction.

Did one more 1/4th pass before going home with out LC, brake torquing instead in D3, hooked and ran same exact time of 10.80@133.39 w/1.80 60ft.
Erased codes and went home.

PS Best time so far achieved in my car was a 10.50 pass on map 5 in much much worse DA than todays..

PSS Boost safety is set at 28.5, Attached are few logs, comparing my logs to some that ive seen on the forum my timing isn't steady like the other logs ive seen, any thoughts?? l

THANK YOU!!!

2018 BMW M5 FE - JB4 - DROP IN BMC FILTERS

Last edited by nickohlie; 12-11-2019 at 02:00 AM..
(#606)
Old

Car: F90C
Default 12-18-2019, 01:22 AM

Gave it another shot tonight Terry. A little better DA, prepped track, lose some weight, a tail wind or just some luck and the JB4 would be in the 9s.

lol
Attached Images

(#607)
Old

Default 12-18-2019, 07:45 AM

Nice run! What map is that? I can give it a try this weekend. In my area the DA is usually -1500 in early mornings. I did morning/afternoon runs on map 2 and went from a 10.2 to a 10.6. The afternoon run was still only about 500 DA.
(#608)
Old

Car: F90C
Default 12-18-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Nice run! What map is that? I can give it a try this weekend. In my area the DA is usually -1500 in early mornings. I did morning/afternoon runs on map 2 and went from a 10.2 to a 10.6. The afternoon run was still only about 500 DA.
I ran a 10.15 the night before on map2 and the DA was good. It was a little worse last night but threw in the MS109 on Map6 anyways. Wasn't what I hoped for but oh well. Still pretty impressive for the JB4!
(#609)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline
Gave it another shot tonight Terry. A little better DA, prepped track, lose some weight, a tail wind or just some luck and the JB4 would be in the 9s.

lol
Arg so close yet so far!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#610)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickohlie
To touch back on the codes and errors i was getting..

THANK YOU!!!
Missed your post. Boost and timing look normal here. No indication of why a fault would be triggered on this run. But something to test might be map2 which is additive based on the v5 firmware, to see if it runs better. We need to get that 60' down too!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#611)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-18-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Missed your post. Boost and timing look normal here. No indication of why a fault would be triggered on this run. But something to test might be map2 which is additive based on the v5 firmware, to see if it runs better. We need to get that 60' down too!
This was the one I was emailing you about. We think it might have been because of manual mode or something.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#612)
Old

Car: F90 M5
Default 12-18-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Thank you for answer Terry!

Ill try map 2 today, see what it looks like.

As for 60ft i agree, its pretty high, i used to get 1.6-1.7 easily with every launch when car was bone stock, since jb4 best i been getting is 1.7

I been talking to Payam over emails, wasnt able to crack into 10s at redlist this weekend, with 1.7 60ft and 131 mph, 11.04 is best it ran on ms109.
From all my testing ive realized that my car ran fastest on 100oct pump gas with e20 mix of e85, although i know e85 isn't recommended to mix

2018 BMW M5 FE - JB4 - DROP IN BMC FILTERS
(#613)
Old

Default 12-18-2019, 06:17 PM

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickohlie
Thank you for answer Terry!

Ill try map 2 today, see what it looks like.

As for 60ft i agree, its pretty high, i used to get 1.6-1.7 easily with every launch when car was bone stock, since jb4 best i been getting is 1.7

I been talking to Payam over emails, wasnt able to crack into 10s at redlist this weekend, with 1.7 60ft and 131 mph, 11.04 is best it ran on ms109.
From all my testing ive realized that my car ran fastest on 100oct pump gas with e20 mix of e85, although i know e85 isn't recommended to mix
I can say the same is true for me. Best times are all on E20-E30 and I know another guy with an F90 that says the same. Not sure why it isn't recommended. It seems to run well.

I'm really interested in doing an E85 conversion if anyone would help with it. Not sure of anyone that makes upgraded fuel injectors for the F90 or how that even works.

Last edited by gpdriver177; 12-18-2019 at 06:38 PM..
(#614)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-19-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I

I can say the same is true for me. Best times are all on E20-E30 and I know another guy with an F90 that says the same. Not sure why it isn't recommended. It seems to run well.

I'm really interested in doing an E85 conversion if anyone would help with it. Not sure of anyone that makes upgraded fuel injectors for the F90 or how that even works.
If you want E85 setup, you'd want to use CPI. You'd need to drill into your intercoolers though or wait until aftermarket ones are out with 1/8 NPT bungs.

I'm using this setup on my F10 M5 with E50 blend and I love it.

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...194bde95&_ss=r

Burger Motorsports

(#615)
Old

Default 12-21-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
If you want E85 setup, you'd want to use CPI. You'd need to drill into your intercoolers though or wait until aftermarket ones are out with 1/8 NPT bungs.

I'm using this setup on my F10 M5 with E50 blend and I love it.

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...194bde95&_ss=r
Thanks, I'll check that out. I've never heard of that before. Someone was saying they could tell they were running too much ethanol because their fuel trim was maxed out. Could I keep running a higher mix until that gets to 45ish? I'm thinking now with the WMI I may be able to run a higher mix also.
(#616)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-25-2019, 11:30 AM

Some guys run E20-E30 and it can work with limited boost, but you ideally want meth or CPI to go along with it.

Once MHD releases flashing tools we'll make an E85 JB4 back end flash map and hopefully can allow up to E50 that way at 26psi without WMI/CPI and up to striaght E85 with either.

Burger Motorsports

(#617)
Old

Default 12-26-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Some guys run E20-E30 and it can work with limited boost, but you ideally want meth or CPI to go along with it.

Once MHD releases flashing tools we'll make an E85 JB4 back end flash map and hopefully can allow up to E50 that way at 26psi without WMI/CPI and up to striaght E85 with either.
Looking forward to that! Any idea what the ETA is for it?

I did a few runs today with E60-E65 spraying 50/50 with WMI. I think the logs look ok... it got lean for a second but corrected. The rest of the time it looks good to me. Ran the exact same times with Map 3, with a higher DA, as I did the other day on Map 5 with E30.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-26 13_30_16_Map-3-e60.csv (6.6 KB, 227 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-26 13_32_14_Map-3-e60.csv (8.3 KB, 219 views)
(#618)
Old

Car: F90
Default 12-27-2019, 06:59 AM

I installed JB4 last night along with all wires. Including WG wires. I went to make a pull today and appear to be showing peak boost at <10psi. Did I do something wrong?

I'm on the below firmware.
JB4_F90_5_T11.hex
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-27 08_07_45_Map-2.csv (32.4 KB, 237 views)
(#619)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-27-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90
I installed JB4 last night along with all wires. Including WG wires. I went to make a pull today and appear to be showing peak boost at <10psi. Did I do something wrong?

I'm on the below firmware.
JB4_F90_5_T11.hex
Can you get a log on map 0?

Burger Motorsports

(#620)
Old

Default 12-27-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Can you get a log on map 0?
Seems to be normal in Map 0. I attached 3 logs below.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-27 13_27_59_Map-0.csv (14.5 KB, 221 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-27 13_28_26_Map-0.csv (12.0 KB, 185 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-27 13_32_42_Map-0.csv (18.3 KB, 176 views)
(#621)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2019, 12:37 PM

Not sure what is wrong with that map2 log yet, it looks like an external boost leak but that seems unlikely as map0 looks great. Grab a log on map1 also for comparison.

Burger Motorsports

(#622)
Old

Default 12-27-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Not sure what is wrong with that map2 log yet, it looks like an external boost leak but that seems unlikely as map0 looks great. Grab a log on map1 also for comparison.
Looks like I tracked it down. The PCV connector was seated but not clipped causing a leak under load. On a side note Map 1 and Map 2 feel great! Can you take a look at the logs below and give me your thoughts? I didn't have a lot of room for pulls so these were full pulls in 1 gear for the most part.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-27 14_49_57_Map-1.csv (14.1 KB, 169 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-27 14_50_25_Map-1.csv (11.1 KB, 230 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-27 14_51_24_Map-2.csv (9.6 KB, 217 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-27 14_51_48_Map-2.csv (13.7 KB, 187 views)
(#623)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90
Looks like I tracked it down. The PCV connector was seated but not clipped causing a leak under load. On a side note Map 1 and Map 2 feel great! Can you take a look at the logs below and give me your thoughts? I didn't have a lot of room for pulls so these were full pulls in 1 gear for the most part.
Runs are too short to really tell which map is working better for you. Remind me on the octane again?

Burger Motorsports

(#624)
Old

Default 12-27-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Runs are too short to really tell which map is working better for you. Remind me on the octane again?
93 Octane. I'll work on getting some longer logs.
(#625)
Old

Default 12-28-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Here are 2 long pulls in Map 1 and Map 2. The pulls felt good. What are your thoughts on the logs?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-28 11_46_14_Map-1.csv (9.5 KB, 184 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-28 11_44_38_Map-2.csv (20.2 KB, 196 views)