N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#526)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 GTR
Default Yesterday, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymwalk
I'm a big fan of removing the bumper for the install but I guess not everyone trusts themselves to remove everything needed for that.

There is this video but I'm not a fan of the method. Mazda CX-5 Turbo 2nd Map Sensor harness removal tip for JB4 install - YouTube

Do you have any specific concerns when it comes to removing the bumper? What is your experience with turning an automotive wrench?
I can do my oil and that's about it lol. My buddy, who essentially rebuilt a toyota soarer (the only thing stock now is the body) helps me with most of my stuff so I am learning. We just took the bumper off the other week for the FMIC upgrade from corksport, so taking it off isn't truly an issue. He just dislikes body work because of the relining of it lol.

I did watch that video but for some reason it taped to a desk doesn't quite seem the same but thanks
(#527)
Old

Car: 2021 Maxda 3 2.5T AWD PP
Default Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Both times that I have had to open the unit after install one of the screws/nuts on the smaller connector have vibrated loose. I am certain that a bouncing loose piece of metal near a circuit board is not a good thing. I had no loctite around, so I wrapped the connector in electrical tape to prevent the nut from coming loose in the housing. It may be advantageous to start using nylock nuts for this use.

Josh
Nashville TN & Algonquin, IL
2021 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD Premium Plus Hatchback (Poly Metal)
Mods: None as of yet.

2006 Mazda Miata Sport (Red Copper Mica)
Mods: Many interior, Exterior and Performance changes.
(#528)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirtic
Both times that I have had to open the unit after install one of the screws/nuts on the smaller connector have vibrated loose. I am certain that a bouncing loose piece of metal near a circuit board is not a good thing. I had no loctite around, so I wrapped the connector in electrical tape to prevent the nut from coming loose in the housing. It may be advantageous to start using nylock nuts for this use.
On the blue tooth enclosure? Never had that happen or heard of it happening. You can always delete that cover all together, no one can see it with the enclosure closed. It's only on there for JB4 models that have an exposed DB9 connector.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#529)
Old

Default Yesterday, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the blue tooth enclosure? Never had that happen or heard of it happening. You can always delete that cover all together, no one can see it with the enclosure closed. It's only on there for JB4 models that have an exposed DB9 connector.
Yes. The Bluetooth adapter serial plug. Has happened twice. The captured nut does not remain captured. When I get back to my TN home, I will raid the hardware drawers for the right nylock nuts.

Josh

(#530)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirtic
Yes. The Bluetooth adapter serial plug. Has happened twice. The captured nut does not remain captured. When I get back to my TN home, I will raid the hardware drawers for the right nylock nuts.
Just remove the shell it's purely aesthetic anyway. A year ago it wasn't even there.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#531)
Old

Default Yesterday, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Just remove the shell it's purely aesthetic anyway. A year ago it wasn't even there.
Thank you Terry. I appreciate the low tech solution. Keeping it simple works for me.

Josh

(#532)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback (M3TH)
Default Today, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Yes very tricky to get consistent dyno numbers out of stock or otherwise.
is the 40 HP gain give or take with JB4 guaranteed?

M3TH user
TransModel = A Mazda but identifies itself as a BMW
(#533)
Old

Car: Mazda6
Smile Today, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPackABS
is the 40 HP gain give or take with JB4 guaranteed?
It isn't finished yet. I think John getting more than 40 hp gain once it is finished and everything is stable. From what I am seeing right now this engine is making 300+ crank hp and 350+ lbs of torque with the jb4 which is impressive enough. this thing will be a mini rocket once it's finished. The mazda6's will be a fwd burnout machine as well.