N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2017 Jetta GLI
Default New JB4 owner here. Need some help please. - 08-15-2018, 06:50 AM

Hello,

I just installed my new JB4 and AEM Intake 2 nights ago. I also bought the JB4 Connect Bluetooth module. I've got everything installed, no check engine lights or anything funny. Also seem well.

However, I am unable to get the gauges to work on my JB4 mobile app. I can connect and it does show what map i'm running. I have updated the firmware on the JB4 itself and have tried 2 different mobile devices and still no luck to getting them to work.

I have ran some logs and honestly, I can't tell the JB4 is doing anything? I can put it back to Map 0 and it all feels the same to me. The logs show a max boost of 13.9, I think that about what stock does?

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, my vehicle is a 2017 Jetta GLI.
(#2)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 08-15-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo95
Hello,

I just installed my new JB4 and AEM Intake 2 nights ago. I also bought the JB4 Connect Bluetooth module. I've got everything installed, no check engine lights or anything funny. Also seem well.

However, I am unable to get the gauges to work on my JB4 mobile app. I can connect and it does show what map i'm running. I have updated the firmware on the JB4 itself and have tried 2 different mobile devices and still no luck to getting them to work.

I have ran some logs and honestly, I can't tell the JB4 is doing anything? I can put it back to Map 0 and it all feels the same to me. The logs show a max boost of 13.9, I think that about what stock does?

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, my vehicle is a 2017 Jetta GLI.
Hi,

Check to see that the future use D value is set to 1. You can find this in the user adjustment page. If not punch in 1 and then save. Car might take a few restarts or having it locked once and the data will start streaming.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2017 Audi 8V RS3 Sedan
2018 Polo GTI
(#3)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 08:21 AM

Thanks George with getting back with me. I emailed you a log that I took today. Let me know what you thing about it.

I will try setting the D value to 1 and let you know...
(#4)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo95
Thanks George with getting back with me. I emailed you a log that I took today. Let me know what you thing about it.

I will try setting the D value to 1 and let you know...
Try get another log done. Without the settings change the log will only show boost value and not the full range since the JB4 is not getting data. With the latest firmware loaded on your unit the car will run stock till there is data streaming through.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2017 Audi 8V RS3 Sedan
2018 Polo GTI
(#5)
Old

Car: Jetta MK6 2.0 TSI 211CV
Send a message via Skype™ to mavalenca
Default 08-15-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Try get another log done. Without the settings change the log will only show boost value and not the full range since the JB4 is not getting data. With the latest firmware loaded on your unit the car will run stock till there is data streaming through.
George,

I have a Jetta GLI with JB4 (60/6/5) using D1 but also tried to use D90 and the only difference that I noticed was that using D90 if by any reason the EPC or check engine light comes on, JB4 auto clear the DTC event.

Both D1 and D90 shows logs on my Jetta.

What is the difference between future use D1 or D90? Can I use D90 in my Jetta in order to have the DTC auto clear function?

Just to confirm, latest firmware is 60/6/5?

PS: Jetta GLI in Brazil (also called TSI) uses EA888 Gen3 engine code CPLA.
(#6)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
All good! Changing the D value to 1 and a couple of restarts started the data steams and the smiles per gallon. This car came alive! Thanks man!
(#7)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavalenca
George,

I have a Jetta GLI with JB4 (60/6/5) using D1 but also tried to use D90 and the only difference that I noticed was that using D90 if by any reason the EPC or check engine light comes on, JB4 auto clear the DTC event.

Both D1 and D90 shows logs on my Jetta.

What is the difference between future use D1 or D90? Can I use D90 in my Jetta in order to have the DTC auto clear function?

Just to confirm, latest firmware is 60/6/5?

PS: Jetta GLI in Brazil (also called TSI) uses EA888 Gen3 engine code CPLA.
Hi,
If you need the auto clear function active leave it at 90. If you want to disable it for a while then set to 1.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2017 Audi 8V RS3 Sedan
2018 Polo GTI