N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E90 335i 07
Question Power Reduced Mode (Logs included) - 06-16-2020, 06:51 PM

I own a 2017 M3 Ultimate pack. I installed *** and CPs this weekend to complement my JB4 + BMS Elite intake which had me switch my JB4 to map 2 and it's been going well for the past 2 days. Tonight, I decided to go with the backend flash to help out the JB4. I did everything as per the instructions and the flash went smoothly. There was no unlock time which leads me to believe that the previous owner already flashed it at some point. Here is what I flashed:
  • DCT GTS Transmission
  • JB4 Latest RACE BackEnd Flash (not IGN)

I then put back the JB4 OBD2 in, switched the future use d (bit 6 or something to tell it that it now has a backend flash as well). I switched to MAP 3 -- which to me seemed like the appropriate one (that portion was not too clear on the forum post to me) -- Please note that I am on 94 octane here in Canada.

I went for a drive and floored it to get some logs. I got a few codes and error late in 4th (some of which were already present before the backend flash)
  • 104302 absolute pressure sensor, intake manifold, plausibility, caster: pressure too low (already present)
  • 101F01 Throttle valve opening angle pressure -- ignore, tuner code (already present)
  • 108A10 charge air temperature sensor, electrical: Signal implausible
  • 120408 Reduced power mode
  • 108A01 MAP sensor, possible loose FlexFuel Wires -- I double checked real quick after coming in the garage and all seemed good on the FlexFuel wire front

I am pretty sure this is unrelated, but I have not replaced the donut gaskets on the *** yet since I will only receive them tomorrow.

Hopefully someone can chime in and let me know what I could've done wrong!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P4_M3_R2_200616_2104.csv (167.5 KB, 56 views)

2017 F80 BMW M3 Ultimate Pack: BMS Elite DCI, JB4, CTS Charge Pipe, CTS DP
2007 E90 BMW 335i: BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, CP-e Charge Pipe/Tial BOV, CP-e Intercooler+oil cooler, CP-e dp, BMS Trunk Meth injection kit, Spec Stage 2+ clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance Short Shift Kit, BMS Clutch Stop -- Gone
(#2)
Old

Default 06-16-2020, 06:52 PM

Bah I should've posted this in the log review section, can you move it please? mb

2007 E90 BMW 335i: BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, CP-e Charge Pipe/Tial BOV, CP-e Intercooler+oil cooler, CP-e dp, BMS Trunk Meth injection kit, Spec Stage 2+ clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance Short Shift Kit, BMS Clutch Stop -- Gone
(#3)
Old

Default 06-17-2020, 10:19 AM

I talked with Terry by email about logs and the following codes was due to the brown wire of the JB4 being loose.
  • 120408 Reduced power mode
  • 108A01 MAP sensor, possible loose FlexFuel Wires

Here is his answer so far for the logs in case anyone chimes in as well:
Quote:
For starters set duty bias to 50 across the board, pid gain to 20, FF to 60, and grab another log on map2!
- Terry