JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1326)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-30-2014, 10:11 AM

Added 2_8_1 to the first post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1327)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 08-31-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Added 2_8_1 to the first post.
Emailed you some M235i logs on this new firmware, let me know what you think!
(#1328)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 09-01-2014, 12:54 PM

Hi terry,

What is the difference between the 2_8 and 2_8_1 hex

Thank u
(#1329)
Old

Default 09-01-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rose
Hi terry,

What is the difference between the 2_8 and 2_8_1 hex

Thank u
Changes are in the first post under 2_8.
(#1330)
Old

Car: 14' 435i
Default 09-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Hey Guys,

So im about to install my FF wires and EWG Harness, and just wanted to confirm the following settings for the JB4.

1. Either Map 2 if filled E85, and Map 5 if NO E85.
2. PID Gain set to 10.
3. FF Wastegate Adaptation to 50 for Flexfuel cables.

Is this all? I am sorry for having to make this post, but i literally had to read through all pages of this thread to get the necessary info, and im concerned i might change something i don't need to.

Thanks!
(#1331)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2014, 09:50 AM

Correct.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1332)
Old

Car: 14' 435i
Default 09-02-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Correct.
Thanks for confirming my post, but just one last silly qn.
For “FF” do I change that on the "logging" page (the bottom where there are a whole list of numbers I can type in and press “add”,

Or

Do I do it in the “User adjustment Page”? Under "FF/Wastegate Adaptation".

Thanks!
(#1333)
Old

Car: BMW M135i
Default 09-02-2014, 10:04 AM

Change it on the user adjustment page and click the save settings box. The other 'logging' page you talk of it to add that parameter to the log graph.. For FF wires the Fuel Open Loop should be set to 50 also. http://www.burgertuning.com/instruct...el_Install.pdf
(#1334)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2014, 10:25 AM

Settings can only be changed under the user adjustment page.

Burger Motorsports

(#1335)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-04-2014, 10:11 AM

Installed the EWG & FF wires after uploading the new firmware. During cruising today I got a drivetrain code - wasn't this bug fixed in the new software version? I got it a couple of times with start up (2_6 firmware) but never during driving. When I restarted the car it was gone. Ideas?

Count down for F30 335I M-sport delivery: Arrived !!!
(#1336)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2014, 11:33 AM

There is no known bug for a code while driving. Next time go to map 0 right away and read it later.

Burger Motorsports

(#1337)
Old

Default 09-05-2014, 05:03 AM

Terry, are you now recommending Map 5 to us? I know in the past you've said Map 5 operated out of the range ewg cars could take advantage of.
(#1338)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 09-05-2014, 12:51 PM

Came to download/update to 2.8.1 and there is now 2.8.2. Awesome.

More tweaks?
(#1339)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-06-2014, 02:42 AM

Terry,

Tested the 2.8.1. firmware from the first day it was posted and it seems like the small highway problem at cruising (around 2.500 rpm) is gone - thanks. Will you post the release notes for the 2.8.2 ? just curious - already downloaded

Count down for F30 335I M-sport delivery: Arrived !!!
(#1340)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2014, 08:21 AM

Just changed another bit of code related to the startup EWG bug.

Burger Motorsports

(#1341)
Old

Car: BMW M135i N55
Default 09-10-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Great work Terry... I will download and test it..

I assume this is so we no longer have to use the special startup sequence on page 1
(#1342)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootyvrs
Great work Terry... I will download and test it..

I assume this is so we no longer have to use the special startup sequence on page 1
No, it doesn't seem to fully correct the issue. But seems a bit better than previous versions.

Burger Motorsports

(#1343)
Old

Car: f30
Default 09-10-2014, 07:58 PM

i want to know which map is perfect or faster for n55 f30 meth 2.2, er pip, , E95 NOT E85 , WITH FUEL FLIX TOO, REMUS EXHAUST , AFE INTAKE
OCTAN 93,
BUT AFTER IT I FOUND CHECK ENGING DRIVE TRAIN
PLEASE ADVICE ME TERRY
AND THE BEST SHIFTING RBM ? LIKE AT 5500 RBM OR MORE ?
(#1344)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 09-10-2014, 08:39 PM

Some data regarding the start-up false code...letting the car "boot up" before starting has been the way I've started cars since my first day of driving (perhaps an OCD thing) so this hasn't been an issue for me. Never had it come on with 2.8 after letting it boot up.

On 2.8.1, perhaps I would pull the trigger too soon and not give it enough time to boot up, but I had two instances of the false code. I'm pretty consistent with my routine/timing though, so perhaps 2.8.1 needed a longer boot up time. Shutting the car off and giving it some extra time in accessory mode made it go away and worked like a charm.

On 2.8.2, I've started the car allowing boot up time as always. Never a false code. Today, I purposely started the car without the boot up process on three separate occasions, and the code did not appear. I'll keep on turning it on without allowing boot up time just to test, but it appears the code no longer shows up for my case with the latest firmware.
(#1345)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2014, 08:47 PM

It's one of those hit and miss sorts of things. Don't be surprised if you see it again. Working on a more permanent fit currently.

Burger Motorsports

(#1346)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 09-10-2014, 10:50 PM

Awesome work as always Terry...
(#1347)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 09-13-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I don't have the issue on start-up but occasionally when I step on gas, the engine will cut for a second and then the code comes. does anyone else run into this issue?

2014 M235i AT
JB4 Stage 2
Intake
35% e85
(#1348)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 09-15-2014, 03:45 AM

Quote:
E85 Use

Models equipped with the pneumatic wastegate & flex fuel connector may experiment with up to 40% E85 mixtures. Some cars tolerate E85 and some do not. Cars that do not tolerate the mix will "buck" or "miss" at full throttle. In some cases map 7 can be used on the E85 mix and in other cases map 2 is the highest that can be used. It's best to start slowly and work your way up in terms of aggressiveness when experimenting with E85 mixtures.
Nothing over 40% E85 possible? Even if you install Fuel-IT LPFP Upgrade? I have been running 25% E85 for some time now. Car is running fine. I guess I will up it to 30/35% soon and see if all is still good.

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#1349)
Old

Car: 2013 F21 M135i MT
Default 09-15-2014, 01:11 PM

Still no further pneumatic updates or developments?

2013 F21 M135i 6MT
JB4 / PWG / BMS intake / BMS meth kit / FSB / ER CP / Down Pipe / VTT stg1 / Pure inlet / GFB DV+ / AFE air scoop / N20 Tmap / Rev3 Connect / M performance exhaust / ACS springs / H&R Trak spacers / M Performance V2 steering
(#1350)
Old

Car: 2013 335i M Sport
Default 09-15-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
Nothing over 40% E85 possible? Even if you install Fuel-IT LPFP Upgrade? I have been running 25% E85 for some time now. Car is running fine. I guess I will up it to 30/35% soon and see if all is still good.
Other than hard starts I never had any problems at all running 40% E85/60% 91. I have since stopped because the E85 station was out of the way but I guess I was one of the lucky ones whos car loved the E85. Helped with intake temps here in Phoenix for sure.

2011 335is JB4- Gone

2013 F30 335i M-Sport JB4