JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#176)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 08-20-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For the F series the next tuning change planned is working up a better map switching system and some in dash displays. No ETA but its something we're working on.
Sounds great!
(#177)
Old

Car: 2013 335i M Sport
Default 08-23-2013, 11:46 AM

Just couldn't wait any longer and ordered. After having the JB4 on the 335is, the F30 isn't cutting it stock. Can't wait to get it

Terry with no DP and only 91 octane, would you feel comfortable running Map 2 with a 30% E85 mix?
(#178)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-23-2013, 12:08 PM

Terry,

I installed the Stage 2 today and it works fantastic !! thank you for an awesome job. Question: I don't have the USB cable yet so I can't check which map it's in. Is it by default in map 1? My ******** is going in next week so I would like to change map ;-)

Count down for F30 335I M-sport delivery: Arrived !!!
(#179)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 08-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongen71
Terry,

I installed the Stage 2 today and it works fantastic !! thank you for an awesome job. Question: I don't have the USB cable yet so I can't check which map it's in. Is it by default in map 1? My ******** is going in next week so I would like to change map ;-)
You're going to want the USB. You can only switch to 1 from the steering wheel and you'll probably want to go to map 2 with the DP.

Bad thing about switching from the steering wheel from 0-1 or back is there is no feedback to know which map you're in without connecting to your PC. SO I'd say the USB is a 'must'. I've heard of people accidentially swapping to 0 without noticing it until they hooked up their PC.

Also, I don't think you can update firmware as they update it without the USB.
(#180)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2013, 02:40 PM

Map 1 by default.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#181)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-23-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinsoldier
You're going to want the USB. You can only switch to 1 from the steering wheel and you'll probably want to go to map 2 with the DP.

Bad thing about switching from the steering wheel from 0-1 or back is there is no feedback to know which map you're in without connecting to your PC. SO I'd say the USB is a 'must'. I've heard of people accidentially swapping to 0 without noticing it until they hooked up their PC.

Also, I don't think you can update firmware as they update it without the USB.
I ordered the USB cable but it wasn't included ;-) waiting for delivery. can I maybe use the USB from a previous jb4 stage 3 n54 installation? Same cable?

Count down for F30 335I M-sport delivery: Arrived !!!
(#182)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2013, 04:13 PM

Yes, it's the same BMS cable since 2008.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#183)
Old

Car: 135i N55 DCT
Default 08-27-2013, 04:07 AM

Terry, is the f10/30 jb4 also compatible with the f21 model?
connections seems the same, same can integration on the mt model?

135i N55 / KW V3 / CP-E charge pipe / CP-E 5" DP / CP-E 7" FMIC / JB4 S2 / MHD / K&N inbox / Custom made 3.25" catback / Tons of other mods
(#184)
Old

Car: 2013 335i M Sport
Default 08-28-2013, 11:04 AM

Terry, I had a question that got buried above. I'm installing the JB4 this weekend. With no DP and only 91 octane, would you feel comfortable running Map 2 with about 30% E85 mix? What in your opinion is the best way to go if you have E85 at your disposal and only a JB4? If I do get a DP, will I always have a check engine light on in the dash or does the JB4 keep the check engine light off?

Also, does the F30 N55 JB4 also not kick on until your oil warms up like my N54 did? Thanks.

Last edited by Eric SS; 08-30-2013 at 01:31 PM..
(#185)
Old

Car: MY13 F30 335i M Sport
Default 09-01-2013, 09:33 PM

I installed the JB4 Stage 2 about 2 weeks ago. Car does feel quicker compared to stock. I am having an issue with long cranks though. Car sat for around 3 days this weekend and it cranked for around 10 seconds when starting today. Got a CEL too but it went away after a second and all seemed ok. This has happened many times since installation. Is there a specific connection I should be checking?
(#186)
Old

Car: 13' BMW 335i
Default 09-02-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish718
I installed the JB4 Stage 2 about 2 weeks ago. Car does feel quicker compared to stock. I am having an issue with long cranks though. Car sat for around 3 days this weekend and it cranked for around 10 seconds when starting today. Got a CEL too but it went away after a second and all seemed ok. This has happened many times since installation. Is there a specific connection I should be checking?
I also have the same issue. It is clearly an issue with the jb4, but terry has been unable to help me out with this. I have found a work around for this. First you press the start/stop button once without pressing the brake or clutch to switch on the ignition. Then press the brake or clutch and start the car. Should start right up. Hope this helps
(#187)
Old

Car: 2011 535i (sport, prem 1,2)
Default 09-02-2013, 01:59 PM

Did you guys try emailing the technical support contact at BMS?

TECH SUPPORT & SALES:
Please only email one email address below.

For presale and compatibility inquiries contact:
jeff@burgertuning.com

For technical support contact:
support@burgertuning.com

For any other inquiries contact Terry Burger:
terry@burgertuning.com
(#188)
Old

Car: 13' BMW 335i
Default 09-02-2013, 02:04 PM

I exchanged quite a few emails with terry but he was unable to find a solution.
(#189)
Old

Car: MY13 F30 335i M Sport
Default 09-02-2013, 02:18 PM

Yea when I had long crank issues on my N54 letting the fuel regulate before ignition helped and it helps on the F30 also. I'm just wondering whats causing it obviously. Would like to see clearer install instructions for a product that costs as much as the JB4 does.

I bought mine from a member here so apparently I'm not entitled to email support. Hoping a resolution can be found on the forums.
(#190)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 09-03-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish718
Yea when I had long crank issues on my N54 letting the fuel regulate before ignition helped and it helps on the F30 also. I'm just wondering whats causing it obviously. Would like to see clearer install instructions for a product that costs as much as the JB4 does.

I bought mine from a member here so apparently I'm not entitled to email support. Hoping a resolution can be found on the forums.
No clue really, haven't heard but the two instances on this page of that issue. On my car when I touch the comfort access handle the car seems to 'prep' itself for starting (I hear stuff going on with it) before I even have a chance to sit in the seat. I've never had the issue you've described. Just throwing out theories, but does your car sorta prep itself before you've pushed the start button or is it completely silent?
(#191)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS
Terry, I had a question that got buried above. I'm installing the JB4 this weekend. With no DP and only 91 octane, would you feel comfortable running Map 2 with about 30% E85 mix? What in your opinion is the best way to go if you have E85 at your disposal and only a JB4? If I do get a DP, will I always have a check engine light on in the dash or does the JB4 keep the check engine light off?

Also, does the F30 N55 JB4 also not kick on until your oil warms up like my N54 did? Thanks.
You can run up to 20-30% E85 on map 2 without issue. If you wish to run a higher mixture or higher boost levels you'll need to add on the flex fuel connector.

Burger Motorsports

(#192)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsooba
Terry, is the f10/30 jb4 also compatible with the f21 model?
connections seems the same, same can integration on the mt model?
Yes, the same firmware and wiring works for all F series models. The only difference is the location of the CAN wires which will vary a bit from model to model.

Burger Motorsports

(#193)
Old

Car: 335i e90
Default 09-04-2013, 11:22 AM

Damn wrong motor!
(#194)
Old

Car: F10 535xdrive
Default 09-07-2013, 10:36 PM

I just noticed that on the settings tab on my JB4 interface software, in the drop down list I had #5 G5 ISO selected. #4 is N55 F10/F30 and I have an F10 N55, is the G5 ISO setting the correct setting there for my car and setup? I have a JB4 stage 2, and run map 7 with 100 octane.

2011 F10 N55 xDrive MSport
BMS JB4 STG 2, BMS SCI, COBB FMIC, Dr. Euro CTLS DP AA Custom CP, MEISTERSCHAFT GTS
Triple Mishimoto 12" fans, with Dual Drerale Controllers
Flex Fuel Connectors, 45% E85
BMS 2.3 METH Kit, 30% tint, BMS HID Fogs
(#195)
Old

Car: F30 335
Default 09-08-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoNac
I just noticed that on the settings tab on my JB4 interface software, in the drop down list I had #5 G5 ISO selected. #4 is N55 F10/F30 and I have an F10 N55, is the G5 ISO setting the correct setting there for my car and setup? I have a JB4 stage 2, and run map 7 with 100 octane.
U need to select F10
(#196)
Old

Default 09-08-2013, 10:21 AM

I wound up doing it last night and my boost levels were terrible. Are you sure? Did I do something wrong switching it?

BMS JB4 STG 2, BMS SCI, COBB FMIC, Dr. Euro CTLS DP AA Custom CP, MEISTERSCHAFT GTS
(#197)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-08-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirtyfive
Damn wrong motor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoNac
I wound up doing it last night and my boost levels were terrible. Are you sure? Did I do something wrong switching it?
I thought the setting you select there was just to properly read out the error codes so the unit does correct translation from code to a readable description.
(#198)
Old

Default 09-08-2013, 11:27 AM

I don't think so because there was a clear reduction in power once it was changed. So it definitely lowered the target boost levels.

(#199)
Old

Default 09-08-2013, 11:30 AM

Also, when I pulled over and changed it back, the boost levels jumped back up again.

(#200)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-08-2013, 12:16 PM

I did not have this change in boost. You sure the map didnt change when setting that option?