N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt2
Default Log check Please got told to have terry's input - 04-12-2021, 04:53 PM

So first time trying a e30 mix!!! E85 tested at (E80) added 5 1\2 gal of that and mixed the rest with 93! Guess I'm trying to make sure i do this right, was told on the forms to contact terry for a input due to a safety being triggered setting my car back to map 0.

I updated firmware and also here is a log for a 0-80
FILE ENDING IN(103) WHERE SAFETY WAS TRIGGERED

Second log is a pull WOT @2500 2nd-3rd
FILE ENDING IN (136) guess i didnt notice a reset in map

Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_210412_170103[2].csv (14.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv P21_M0_R1_210412_170136[1].csv (9.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by That_blue_gt2; 04-12-2021 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: FORGOT TO UPLOAD LOG
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-13-2021, 08:28 AM

Too much of a trim variance between banks. Boost leak or ???

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2021, 09:16 AM

A fuel trim variance like this usually means one of the fuel control wires isn't properly connected.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 04-13-2021, 09:16 AM

I have no clue what's going on, was told also that my mix was probably off, not sure if I have a boost leak I did just install the agency power intercooler but didn't notice any leaks
(#5)
Old

Default 04-13-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
A fuel trim variance like this usually means one of the fuel control wires isn't properly connected.
So let me ask you a rookie question, this would be the separate wire I have tapped into j believe the o2 sensor?
(#6)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 04-13-2021, 11:43 AM

Yes on the separate wire, there should be two total, one going to each side of the engine. I think you mixed way too much E, use this calculator Ethanol Calculator - Brew City Boost
Next, stay away from Map3 , do a log on Map2 to show us it's clean before you jump up.
(#7)
Old

Default 04-13-2021, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Yes on the separate wire, there should be two total, one going to each side of the engine. I think you mixed way too much E, use this calculator Ethanol Calculator - Brew City Boost
Next, stay away from Map3 , do a log on Map2 to show us it's clean before you jump up.
Thank you so much, I only have one wire hooked up just what came with my jb4 a few back lol, I will get another hooked up asap.

I'll also run out the gas that's in it currently and fill up with 93 ONLY!!

AGAIN THANK YOU! I'll post to the same thread when I get a map 2 log in and another fuel wire!
(#8)
Old

Default 04-13-2021, 05:49 PM

UPDATE: Just connected the other fuel wire and MANN my AFR is staying a constant 14.6 as before it was all over the place. I refueled at 3\8th tank with 93 tested at 10% ethanol. Map 2 car is feeling way better fuel millage improved too. As I still have about 8% E85 in the car i will try to flush then get a map 2 LOG
(#9)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 04-14-2021, 07:09 AM

A little more than 10% E is always good , I think you were close to 40%. I find Map2 likes E25 to E27 and runs extremely well.