N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default LPFP psi is at 48. - 04-11-2021, 11:29 PM

So couple weeks back started to notice my lpfp reading was at 48 during idle used to be at 65 steady. Can you guys check my log to see if itís not affecting anything else. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_210412_011534.csv (96.6 KB, 17 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-12-2021, 09:11 AM

Could be...sensor, LPFP, cracked tophat, etc.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 04-12-2021, 09:35 AM

I have a stage 2 pump & new lpfp sensor all installed little over 2 years ago. I Also have the upgraded fuel lines from fuel it. I will check top hat. Could it be the ekpm3? Also if anybody can check out my log want to make sure i am not messing up engine running it like that while lpf is low.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2021, 07:57 AM

AT WOT, the LPFP looks normal...you may also be able to reset adaptions.

You have quite a few timing corrections so your boost target will likely learn down as your Ign Avg is climbing.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old

Default 04-13-2021, 04:16 PM

Should i hold off on adding some ethanol? What could cause the timing corrections? I reset adaptations but no change in lpfp. Iíll keep looking for other causes. I Ordered a used ekpm3 to see if that can be the cause.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2021, 10:11 AM

Timing corrections are typically due to octane deficiency.

(#7)
Old

Default 04-19-2021, 05:45 PM

So I switched out my EKPM3 & it let me start the car once & the low pressure reading was at a nice 84-87 psi. I turned off car started to put everything back together I try to start the car again & it stop turning over. So i coded the ekpm3 with ncsexpert now it’s back to we’re it was it did let me start the car but back to square one. It those lead me to think it’s something electronic & not the actual fuel pump. Just not sure where to go from here.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2021, 09:59 AM

84-87 is not good either, that means the LPFP is running at 100% duty cycle but that makes sense given the EKP wasn't coded. If running a flash, trying flashing back to stock and see what the LPFP reads.

(#9)
Old

Default 04-24-2021, 04:46 PM

I finally got to reflash back to stock no mhd backend flash. Left the jb4 on & switch to menu 4-3. But No change lpfp is still reading 52-54 on idle.
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2021, 09:41 AM

Strange...ultimately if the pressures are good at WOT and the HPFP isn't having any issues...you're good.