N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default N54 High Trim Table? - 04-09-2021, 07:37 AM

Hello All,

This is my first post on this Forum. I wanted to ask for some support. I see that my trims are maxed out @ 50. My issue is I am not identifying with in the data why my trims would be maxed out. AFR seems ok. H & L fuel pumps are not crazy low (Plus id expect it to pull timing for a fueling issue).

I understand that you guys and gals have way more time and experience with this platform then I do. Please see link below.

Thanks,

Note the forum wont allow me to link my log file... below is the link with a few spaces.

Data Zap . me /u/ace777aw2/07apr21-jb4-map-1-no-backend?log=0&data=1-4-10-14-17-18

Last edited by ace777aw2; 04-09-2021 at 07:42 AM..
(#2)
Old

Default 04-09-2021, 01:08 PM

I have also attached the Log File for review.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Log.csv (25.0 KB, 14 views)
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-12-2021, 09:07 AM

What fuel are you running?

I'd also recommend updating your firmware.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#4)
Old

Default 04-13-2021, 02:06 PM

Hello Steve,

I just installed this JB4. Didn't even think it would be out of date already. I'm running 93 Octane.

Looks like my AFR's are higher and my Timing is lower in this log after doing the update. I'm a real noob when it comes to logs and N54's.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Log 2.csv (21.6 KB, 12 views)
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2021, 10:10 AM

It's not out of date but we do regular updates to the firmware...no biggie but always best to run the latest.

Lots of timing corrections...I'd try some different fuel as I suspect it's not very good.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6)
Old

Default 04-14-2021, 12:54 PM

Hello Steve,

I will burn the fuel out of that tank and try filling up @ Sunoco fuel station. Should I reset my adaptations at the same time?

Thanks,
(#7)
Old

Car: Bmw e93
Default 04-14-2021, 02:14 PM

Hello people
I am having the same issue also there is an issue where there is little or no boost at all it will hit 1-2psi and then no boost at all, i have performed the vaccum checks and there seems to be no vaccum leak.

I was reading oter threads seems like other people had this issue as well where the jb4 was bought used (just like i bought mine used).

How do i fix this?

I have upgraded turbos, intercooler, precision racework coils, charge pipe with bov, and k&n air filters.

Please help

Thanks
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace777aw2
Hello Steve,

I will burn the fuel out of that tank and try filling up @ Sunoco fuel station. Should I reset my adaptations at the same time?

Thanks,
It won't hurt but shouldn't be necessary for that.

(#9)
Old

Default 04-29-2021, 01:22 PM

Hello Steve and Team.

I apologize for the delay. had to get knee surgery that kept me from running a clutch...lol

I've ran that tank out and put Shell fuel in the car. This run looks like more of the same. One strange this is that when I slowed down for traffic you'll see my trims never go under +25. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem? I'd like to confirm the problem rather then fire the parts cannon at it.

Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: csv Update after new Fuel.csv (30.1 KB, 5 views)
(#10)
Old

Default 04-29-2021, 05:09 PM

Lol hope you’re better now, manual is fun but traffic here in the uk is mad so bought a semi auto.
Actually we had the problem from the turbo’s i had to replace them dropped in 17t’s in it and now i am getting massive boost but i need to get it tuned. Also after replacing the turbo’s now im getting 2A18 and some shadow codes and the engine management light is on and the car would run rough on idle ����*♂️ I wonder if the tune would fix it or actually the DMTL pump is gone bad.
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2021, 08:57 AM

Trims are about maxed out, if it were me, I'd load the BEF. Otherwise everything looks normal.

(#12)
Old

Default 04-30-2021, 03:19 PM

I'm trying to understand why the trims are maxed out? AFR's seem ok.

Can you have a bad O2 sensor without a fault Msg? Also why are they only dropping to 25% when I let off the throttle?

I tried a BEF and the DME started pulling out all the timing from the engine. Felt super slow.
(#13)
Old

Default 04-30-2021, 03:25 PM

Hey Steve, i have installed jb4 and the 2step relay and its set to 2800rpm when i try to use it the engine hesitates and the engine light starts flashing and the car would start to misfire its got precision racework coils installed about 3 days ago and the spark plugs were installed about 2k miles ago. I am running g5_iso_32_15_T1 fireware, beta is g5_iso_32_16_T1.

Could you help what would be casuing the 2step to not work properly.

Thanks