N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 3.0t
Default Can I run mix of octane 93 and E85 with the preset JB4 maps on a stock car - 03-22-2021, 11:55 PM

For Infiniti q50 3.0t I heard E85 can help with the performance of the car but I have everything stock and just purchased the jb4, do I need to upgrade anything to run E85? And can I use the different maps that are set to octane 91 if I use 93?
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-23-2021, 11:04 AM

You can run the same maps and I'd try a couple gallons to start but you'll need to post logs for review to determine if it's safe or not.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 3.0t
Default 04-08-2021, 09:34 AM

Thank you I will do that when I get around to it I might try 14 gallons of 93 Octane and 4 gallons of E85 which I think should make 96 Octane or E25
(#4)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
Default 04-13-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
You can run the same maps and I'd try a couple gallons to start but you'll need to post logs for review to determine if it's safe or not.
Just to piggyback off this topic, does the same go for 91 octane? I can add a couple of gallons of E85 to 91 octane gas to make the JB4 maps more stable on my car? I'm currently running on Map 1 only, since I have a Red Sport. But would like to try some of the higher maps if adding E85 would make it safer to do so.