N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2021, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboAWD
Are you saying CPI also helps with just plain 91?
In theory you'll still get a little evaporative cooling effect on just 91.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 2019 GTS
Default 03-31-2021, 10:35 AM

Any more user feedback?
(#28)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 04-02-2021, 11:14 AM

Hello I am new here, I recently bought a 18 Stinger GT2 17k Miles. Of course I got it and immediately had to make some modifications.

I already have installed the BMS power package, BMS intercooler, muffler delete, and the EWG JB4 connectors.

I just received my CPI kit. My initial intentions were to run full e85, after reading some posts in this thread I now understand that I cant without some other things first.

Just to make sure before I can run full e85 I at least need a backend flash for my ecu.

Is there anything else I will need? I'm assuming I'll have to get some tuning done with Terry since there's no map in the JB4 for e85.

Please let me know what else I need to run e85.
Thanks
(#29)
Old

Car: 2021 kia stinger gt
Default CPI install on Kia Stinger - 04-13-2021, 08:01 AM

Here are some helpful pictures on how to install the CPI on the Kia Stinger. I have it connected to a BMS intercooler, so the connection for the CPI was already there, other intercoolers you may have to drill into. I do not have the WMI kit yet so the orange cable is not connected to my JB4, if I did have it you would connect it to pin 3 on the JB4. The blue cable goes to pin 16 and white goes to pin 19. I also have the Fuel It flex fuel kit installed. If anyone has any questions or needs help with the install, please feel free to reach out with whatever questions.
Attached Images

(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2021, 09:17 AM

Not following you on the wiring as it should be per the first post. Maybe you noted the spots incorrectly?

FSB orange 3, blue 16, Fuel-IT white 4.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial_Ghost
Hello I am new here, I recently bought a 18 Stinger GT2 17k Miles. Of course I got it and immediately had to make some modifications.

I already have installed the BMS power package, BMS intercooler, muffler delete, and the EWG JB4 connectors.

I just received my CPI kit. My initial intentions were to run full e85, after reading some posts in this thread I now understand that I cant without some other things first.

Just to make sure before I can run full e85 I at least need a backend flash for my ecu.

Is there anything else I will need? I'm assuming I'll have to get some tuning done with Terry since there's no map in the JB4 for e85.

Please let me know what else I need to run e85.
Thanks
E50 is the upper limit for now, on the factory flash.

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Default 04-13-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not following you on the wiring as it should be per the first post. Maybe you noted the spots incorrectly?

FSB orange 3, blue 16, Fuel-IT white 4.
Yeah we caught that after looking around several times 🤦🏾*♀️
(#33)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 04-13-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Assuming a "good" ECU flash, would that be enough to get to E85?
(#34)
Old

Default 04-14-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymami96
Here are some helpful pictures on how to install the CPI on the Kia Stinger. I have it connected to a BMS intercooler, so the connection for the CPI was already there, other intercoolers you may have to drill into. I do not have the WMI kit yet so the orange cable is not connected to my JB4, if I did have it you would connect it to pin 3 on the JB4. The blue cable goes to pin 16 and white goes to pin 19. I also have the Fuel It flex fuel kit installed. If anyone has any questions or needs help with the install, please feel free to reach out with whatever questions.

I've done a TMIC before, so I have some handle on doing FMIC, I think.

How much time did the CPI kit require for installation? Would it take more if Fuel It wasn't already installed? How much fuel spilled?
(#35)
Old

Default 04-14-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:

How much time did the CPI kit require for installation? Would it take more if Fuel It wasn't already installed? How much fuel spilled?
Honestly without the flex fuel kit itís pretty straight forward. It took us about 30-45 minutes to install the CPI and mostly that was trying to see where to route everything. As far as spillage it wasnít a lot but just remember to keep the keys away from the car and stow the hoses in up right position
(#36)
Old

Default 04-14-2021, 08:46 AM

Thanks. How much time does the Fuel It kit take?
(#37)
Old

Car: G70
Default 04-14-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:

As stated above. It is pretty straight forward. Fuel It takes 10 mins to install as its pretty much plug and play along with the rest of the CPI kit. The fuel line removal requires the proper took but if you have a hook pick you can slide it around while removing. Looks like below. It takes about 30 mins or so to install with removing the bumper and putting it back on.
Attached Images

(#38)
Old

Default 04-14-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Thanks. How much time does the Fuel It kit take?
That took me about 20-30 minutes to do. I installed that about 2-3 weeks ago
(#39)
Old

Default 04-14-2021, 01:43 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Definitely something I want to look into, if I keep the car (lease is up in a few weeks).
(#40)
Old

Default 04-14-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
So I donít know whatís going on but I filled up to e49/e50 and now Iím getting codes for bank 1 and 2 running lean
(#41)
Old

Default 04-14-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
So I donít know whatís going on but I filled up to e49/e50 and now Iím getting codes for bank 1 and 2 running lean
Check the logs - you might have had an HPFP pressure crash. At least, I know that's a common issue when pushing the limits of ethanol on the Stinger..
(#42)
Old

Default 04-14-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Check the logs - you might have had an HPFP pressure crash. At least, I know that's a common issue when pushing the limits of ethanol on the Stinger..
Iíll have to do some logs when Iím off of work tomorrow. I went through all the steps from post one to like triple check nothing was missed. I noticed I didnít input the 1 for the meth and the user adjustments but I donít think that should affect me. I did forget to do the 50 in all the fuel bias so that may have been the cause 🤷🏾*♀️ It was a long night when I was installing everything. Everything is correct now and Iíll be test driving it tomorrow
(#43)
Old

Default 04-15-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Iíll have to do some logs when Iím off of work tomorrow. I went through all the steps from post one to like triple check nothing was missed. I noticed I didnít input the 1 for the meth and the user adjustments but I donít think that should affect me. I did forget to do the 50 in all the fuel bias so that may have been the cause 🤷🏾*♀️ It was a long night when I was installing everything. Everything is correct now and Iíll be test driving it tomorrow
Probably fuel bias. I dropped mine down to 30 which seems to be best so far. Helped out with my fuel trims. Or too much ethanol.

Here is a 5th gear load run. E43. Car is running amazing and seems to have more in it with this setup.
Attached Images

(#44)
Old

Default 04-15-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant
Probably fuel bias. I dropped mine down to 30 which seems to be best so far. Helped out with my fuel trims. Or too much ethanol.

Here is a 5th gear load run. E43. Car is running amazing and seems to have more in it with this setup.
So everything is set to the right settings and Iím still getting engine code lean. Should I increase my fuel bias
(#45)
Old

Default 04-15-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
So everything is set to the right settings and Iím still getting engine code lean. Should I increase my fuel bias
Can you clear the code and then try and get a log to post? Curious what your fuel trims are doing.
(#46)
Old

Default 04-15-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Can you clear the code and then try and get a log to post? Curious what your fuel trims are doing.
Yeah I can do one once Iím off of work. Iím just stumped right now because everything is hooked up correctly and everything
(#47)
Old

Default 04-15-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Also I never switched the map I was on originally I was on map 4 would that be an issue
(#48)
Old

Default 04-15-2021, 12:27 PM

A log will help us see whats going on. Clear the code and do a 3rd or 4th gear pull from low RPM to redline.
(#49)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-15-2021, 01:47 PM

Post the CSV file for any advice!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#50)
Old

Default Logs as requested - 04-15-2021, 03:50 PM

So here are the logs as requested. I did a couple of different ones on maps 4 and 5 with the standard settings as suggested in the first post and then adjusted the fuel bias to 60. Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Files
File Type: csv CPI Log 2 Map 4 4th Gear FB 60.csv (7.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv CPI Log 3 Map 4 3rd Gear FB 50.csv (4.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv CPI Log 4 Map 5 4th Gear FB 50.csv (7.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv CPI Log 6 Map 5 Driving FB 50.csv (11.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv CPI Log Map 5 3rd Gear FB 60.csv (6.7 KB, 9 views)