JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#401)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2022, 05:58 PM

Latest firmware has all previous changes. You can email logs to yourself and attach to posts that way.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#402)
Old

Car: 18 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
Default 02-13-2022, 09:36 PM

All of these were after i checked the torque on my full exhaust system, and did a complete check of my engine bay including moving my jb4 to a different spot and wrapping it just in case it was causing false knock.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P29_M0_R2_220212_1532alfa7.csv (421.3 KB, 32 views)
(#403)
Old

Default 02-13-2022, 09:38 PM

another pull. I guess the other two log files are too large for me to post.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P29_M0_R2_220211_1922alfa7.csv (397.8 KB, 36 views)
(#404)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2022, 09:56 PM

Logs seem fine to me. What's the fuel/mods?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#405)
Old

Default 02-14-2022, 05:02 AM

93 octane. Eurocompulsion V2 intake, supersprint sport exhaust, and a turbosmart diverter valve. So IGN 2-5 are good even though they're showing positive or will they go negative if they were knock? I'm still trying to piece together how to properly interpret your systems measurements. Thank you.

Last edited by 08fordgt; 02-14-2022 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: Spelling error
(#406)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2022, 09:51 AM

There are always going to be some timing corrections by nature of the dynamic timing system which continually rides the knock threshold for increased fuel efficiency. Even at WOT. What we'd be looking for is excessive corrections indicating a plausible timing curve for the octane and boost profile is not possible. Then you know you need to lower boost and/or increase octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#407)
Old

Default 02-14-2022, 11:54 AM

Awesome. Thank you for the explanation.
(#408)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Default 02-22-2022, 09:36 AM

Good morning Terry,

I'm reaching out as I've been developing a hybrid turbo with NM Turbo and its finally finalized. This means there are now two solid options for people to buy hybrid turbo's for our platform. (NM Turbo, and GotTuned)

I was wondering if it was possible to work with you to develop a user selectable Map to make it easier for others to run a JB4 with a hybrid unit. (bhvrdr) has been running a JB4 with his hybrid on a custom map with great success.

On a second note, I have also been wondering if it would be possible that the JB4 in the future will add a third signal intercept to allow us to adjust fuel pressure, there's a system(who's name wont be mentioned here) that can do this already, and it would be nice it we could as well. (as far as I can tell this isn't really necessary and is more of a nice to have than a need)

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Tekgnome; 02-22-2022 at 09:53 AM..
(#409)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2022, 10:16 AM

Sure send in a log and we can evaluate it. The plan for these is for o2 sensor control to attenuate trims and air/fuel ratios. Fuel pressure only gives you fuel trims which isn't a factor on the platform.

Burger Motorsports

(#410)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Default 02-22-2022, 11:00 AM

02 sensor control would be fantastic!

I'll need probably a couple of weeks to get time to install my Hybrid and ******* ********. I have MES and can also provide any logging necessary with the JB4 as well.

Not sure why it censored my ***? I guess emissions talk isnt allowed here, I cant seem to find the forum rules.
(#411)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2022, 02:30 PM

Yes can't discuss bypassing emissions equipment as it's illegal in the USA. But no problem on tuning.

Burger Motorsports