N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Audisom Audisom is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2019
Car: 2013 S6
Default 09-06-2019, 01:33 PM

So,
1 = 3psi added over stock
2 = 2psi added over stock
3 = 1psi added over stock
4 = 0psi added over stock?
Reply With Quote
(#102)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 954
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-06-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audisom
So,
1 = 3psi added over stock
2 = 2psi added over stock
3 = 1psi added over stock
4 = 0psi added over stock?
correct.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#103)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 954
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-07-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audisom
So map 2 is 5psi over stock right.
0 = 5psi added per base map2 or essentially disabled
1 = 3psi added
2 = 2psi added
3 = 1psi added
4 = 0psi added
Is this look right?
So you can’t request 4?
I am confused
Sorry quoted the wrong post earlier.

0 will disable the feature.
1 cuts 1psi so total 4
2 cuts 2psi so total 3
3 cuts 3psi so total 2 etc.

So lets say if you using a map 6 with peak of 6 and want to extra boost in 1st you set it to 6.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#104)
Old
Chio4 Chio4 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2019
Car: S6
Default 09-17-2019, 12:30 PM

I have noticed running map 2 93 oct that if I am going about 45-50 MPH and hit there is A delay and almost like it bogs down. anyone else notice this? I have not run logs on this yet
Reply With Quote
(#105)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 954
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-17-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chio4
I have noticed running map 2 93 oct that if I am going about 45-50 MPH and hit there is A delay and almost like it bogs down. anyone else notice this? I have not run logs on this yet
Can you test if it does this in map 1 as well.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#106)
Old
Chio4 Chio4 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2019
Car: S6
Default 09-17-2019, 07:26 PM

I will log both map 1 and 2 for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Can you test if it does this in map 1 as well.
Reply With Quote
(#107)
Old
chrislakt chrislakt is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2019
Car: 2016 Audi S6
Default 09-26-2019, 04:40 AM

Installed mine today with out a hitch, all i can say i wow.

The car feels so much stronger compared to stock. I owned the car since new and the JB4 has completely transformed it into a beast.

I'm in Australia, so we are right hand drive and had to install the JB4 between the positive terminal and the intake, it secured well and all the cable lengths reached fine.

I was previously using another piggy back type though the JB4 smashed it out of the ball park, i'm not sure what it was doing though JB4 map 1 is much much stronger.

I've emailed through some logs so i'd be interested to hear your feedback.


2016 Audi S6
Sydney Aus
Reply With Quote
(#108)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 954
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-26-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislakt
Installed mine today with out a hitch, all i can say i wow.

The car feels so much stronger compared to stock. I owned the car since new and the JB4 has completely transformed it into a beast.

I'm in Australia, so we are right hand drive and had to install the JB4 between the positive terminal and the intake, it secured well and all the cable lengths reached fine.

I was previously using another piggy back type though the JB4 smashed it out of the ball park, i'm not sure what it was doing though JB4 map 1 is much much stronger.

I've emailed through some logs so i'd be interested to hear your feedback.
Happy you satisfied. How did you route the OBD cable?


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#109)
Old
chrislakt chrislakt is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2019
Car: 2016 Audi S6
Default 09-26-2019, 06:14 AM

The easy way via the door, when I have more time Iíll look for way to run the OBD cable through the firewall.


2016 Audi S6
Sydney Aus
Reply With Quote
(#110)
Old
Audisom Audisom is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2019
Car: 2013 S6
Default 10-13-2019, 07:11 AM

Is there a update in the works?
Reply With Quote
(#111)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 954
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-14-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audisom
Is there a update in the works?
We working on a few cars that run higher octane fuel fitting our boost control module. The barrier with this is going to be fitment as the radiator needs to be leaned forward and cars with distance control wont be able to do this unless they go through major effort for the install.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#112)
Old
Dirt Dirt is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Join Date: Mar 2019
Car: S6
Default 11-13-2019, 06:01 AM

How is everyone securing the JB4 in the engine bay? I'm looking for a simple, clean way of keeping the JB4 from bouncing around.
Reply With Quote
(#113)
Old
esemes esemes is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2019
Car: 2016 S6
Lightbulb 11-16-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt
How is everyone securing the JB4 in the engine bay? I'm looking for a simple, clean way of keeping the JB4 from bouncing around.
in the same boat here. any advice??
Reply With Quote
(#114)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 30,308
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 11-16-2019, 06:20 PM

zip tie it!


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#115)
Old
NewYorkS6's Avatar
NewYorkS6 NewYorkS6 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2019
Car: 2018 Audi S6
Default 12-12-2019, 02:53 PM

BETA Install Guide Here: http://www.burgertuning.com/instruct...sis6_guide.pdf

not working anymore. new link?
Reply With Quote
(#116)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 954
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 12-12-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkS6
BETA Install Guide Here: http://www.burgertuning.com/instruct...sis6_guide.pdf

not working anymore. new link?
Try this https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...sis6_guide.pdf


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#117)
Old
NewYorkS6's Avatar
NewYorkS6 NewYorkS6 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2019
Car: 2018 Audi S6
Default 12-12-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
thats the one i was looking for. thanks. top link is broken
Reply With Quote
(#118)
Old
NewYorkS6's Avatar
NewYorkS6 NewYorkS6 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2019
Car: 2018 Audi S6
Default 12-12-2019, 03:06 PM

also for those still looking, may be able to pass straightened wire coat hanger with slight curve to it through footwell deadpedal gromet into engine bay. pull plastic cover in engine bay and try to locate coat hanger peeking through. two person job, or else remove washer reservoir and ecu to find coat hanger. not too difficult and cleaner than door jamb route.
Reply With Quote
(#119)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 30,308
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-02-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkS6
also for those still looking, may be able to pass straightened wire coat hanger with slight curve to it through footwell deadpedal gromet into engine bay. pull plastic cover in engine bay and try to locate coat hanger peeking through. two person job, or else remove washer reservoir and ecu to find coat hanger. not too difficult and cleaner than door jamb route.
Some photos would be great! We're still rocking the door jamb method on our S6.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com