N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default Stinger problems :( - 09-01-2019, 02:19 PM

Lot of issues with my stinger now. Meth kit will not work for the live of it, been through 2 different company spark plugs, one gapped at .18 and the other at .22 and neither worked to the point i could even log my car, and now my car goes into overboost on MAP 2 and misfires now, really unhappy at the moment because i feel the car is falling apart with its performance, so
1. What kind of spark plugs do i get that are bullet proof, Iím tired of changing them, Iím aboyt to get a set of Lamborghini Spark plugs tjat my buddy has since he said his works perfect with every map.
2. Plz help, Iím getting a little disappointed
3. Any help is appreciated,
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-01-2019, 02:22 PM

Does the problem come up on map0?

Log of what map2 looks like "over boosting" etc?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-03-2019, 10:00 AM

Your gap size, make sure it's .020"

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default Reply - 09-03-2019, 09:47 PM

As mentioned on the kia page, I now have 2 codes
Overboost happens on map 0 as well
Map 2 is impossible to log because of overboost and misfire
plugs I have are .22 right now, was told not to touch
What plugs do you recommend that can handle methanol set ups as well
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2019, 10:21 AM

The a log of map0 and map4 will do!

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old

Default 09-04-2019, 12:37 PM

No, lol i cant log period, the car won’t log because it just knocks and overboosts
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2019, 03:43 PM

Not much we can do for you remotely then if not even map 0 or map 4 valet mode work. Start taking off mods until it works.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 09-04-2019, 04:31 PM

Was able to get one log on map 0 then it went to overboost again after
I sent you the log
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2019, 11:13 AM

Yes I got it, your map0 log looks perfect. Do a similar log on map1 next. The "over boost" fault code is just a false alarm flag the ECU is throwing due to your mods I think. We can come up with a work around when I see more data.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 09-05-2019, 02:21 PM

Sent you a map 1 they were breaking up but did the best i could, no overboost afterward
(#11)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 09-07-2019, 11:54 AM

Any update on these issues/resolution?
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2019, 04:40 PM

I am not sure what his specific problem is yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 09-08-2019, 04:43 PM

Sent you a map4 pull after new revision, car hit limp mode again after the pull, no CEL though
(#14)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 09-12-2019, 08:52 AM

Im going to jump on this train to report that i seem to have something similar going on now. Map 1 runs will sometimes cause the car to go into limp mode. Map two almost certainly will go into limp mode with a misfire. Took The jb4 off completely and ran around for a few days... everything okay no limp mode no misfires. So do i need to do a few runs with map 0 and 4 to log ? When i get a misfire it freezes the JB4 App.
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrillon998
Im going to jump on this train to report that i seem to have something similar going on now. Map 1 runs will sometimes cause the car to go into limp mode. Map two almost certainly will go into limp mode with a misfire. Took The jb4 off completely and ran around for a few days... everything okay no limp mode no misfires. So do i need to do a few runs with map 0 and 4 to log ? When i get a misfire it freezes the JB4 App.
Are you running a meth kit also like OP? If not whatever advice I'm providing in this thread may not all apply.

If not running a WMI kit the most often cause of what you're describing is a cracked plug or failed coil pack. The misfire will also trigger the JB4 to turn off due to electoral over load as the coil sends a ton of power back through the cars grounds.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 09-15-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Are you running a meth kit also like OP? If not whatever advice I'm providing in this thread may not all apply.

If not running a WMI kit the most often cause of what you're describing is a cracked plug or failed coil pack. The misfire will also trigger the JB4 to turn off due to electoral over load as the coil sends a ton of power back through the cars grounds.
I dont have WMI on the car and indeed i did pull the plugs on the passenger side of the car and found no cracks that were visible but i replaced them all anyhow and it did stop the misfire issue entirely.

Replaced them for now and its all running great now.
Good to know about the misfire triggering the JB4 shut offs, that is now working a okay as well now Thanks Terry !
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-15-2019, 12:48 PM

Burger Motorsports