N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#5776)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 12-01-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate808
Ok i had to name the suffix "csv". I am getting WOT logs. Thanks you. Now how do we get a graph? I keep seeing graph charts on these logs, but I just have the spreadsheet plotpoints.

Thanks in advance
Terry's response hit the mark from your phone - if you want to do some laptop / browser level graphing - I would suggest getting a free account on Datazap where you can upload your JB4 log csv files.

https://***********

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#5777)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 12-01-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can chart logs in the app by clicking them or email them to yourself and use the windows software in the first post.
The link for the interface software is no longer available. You have a video posted where you click the link inside of a sub chat, but that link does not exist anymore. So where exactly is the interface windows app?
(#5778)
Old

Default 12-01-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Terry's response hit the mark from your phone - if you want to do some laptop / browser level graphing - I would suggest getting a free account on Datazap where you can upload your JB4 log csv files.

https://***********
Just saw this. Thanks. I'll give it a whirl
(#5779)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate808
The link for the interface software is no longer available. You have a video posted where you click the link inside of a sub chat, but that link does not exist anymore. So where exactly is the interface windows app?
Works fine for me?

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - JB4 laptop connection directions

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5780)
Old

Default 12-01-2020, 06:16 PM

Yes I found this exact page. And one of the videos explains how to find and download the JB4 Interface Software. In that video the person goes into a specific chat and they click on a link that says "JB4 Interface Software"....

But that specific link that is shown in that video is NOT in that chat. Something has changed since that tutorial was made. If the link for the interface software is somewhere else please show me. All I see are links to firmware updates. I am trying to graph my logs.

Thank you!
(#5781)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2020, 09:04 PM

Select "click here for windows software" in the above link...File will download.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5782)
Old

Default 12-02-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Select "click here for windows software" in the above link...File will download.
Thank you. I have a log for you. Hopefully I uploaded it correctly. 93 octane, all stock, map 5, no FCW
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M5_R1_csv_201201_213918.csv (7.9 KB, 20 views)
(#5783)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-02-2020, 12:19 PM

Looks pretty normal to me. Any issues?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#5784)
Old

Default 12-02-2020, 12:22 PM

Just super fast in first gear. Once the lag cuts out and she starts going, it's hard to time when to shift. But the car feels amazing during WOT and daily driving.
(#5785)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 12-02-2020, 08:18 PM

With our trans you have to hit shift right at 6k and hope it shifts by 6500 in 1st gear. A dual clutch would be awesome but this slushbox is tried and proven so will likely last the life of the car even if driven hard.
(#5786)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-02-2020, 08:50 PM

I actually like the Q50 trans most of the time. I just let it shift itself. Never had any issues.

Some of the BMW DCTs though, real pain in the ass. Clunky from a start, impossible to get good 60' times, unable to brake boost, etc, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#5787)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Premium 3.0T Black Obsidian
Default 12-17-2020, 12:49 PM

Is any of you having issues updating V1 of JB4? I had it installed on my old 2017 Infiniti Q50 3.0t Premium and it never gave me a problem. Always kept it updated. I bought the 2020 Infiniti Q50 Silver Sport and I can't even update my firmware. Every time I try to update the whole JB4 stops working and I get engine and traction control lights and the car goes in limp mode. I lost 2 master chips already and had to pull it out since it is not working anymore. I contacted the guys at support and no solution. I am so frustrated... I am not recommending this thing anymore.

Last edited by Q50TurboLover; 12-18-2020 at 10:03 AM..
(#5788)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50TurboLover
Is any of you having issues updating V1 of JB4? I had it installed on my old 2017 Infiniti Q50 3.0t Premium and it never gave me a problem. Always kept it updated. I bought the 2020 Infiniti Q50 Silver Sport and I can't even update my firmware. Every time I try to update the whole JB4 stops working and I get engine and traction control lights and the car goes in limp mode. I lost 2 master chips already and had to pull it out since it is not working anymore. I contacted the guys at support and no solution. I am so frustrated... I am not recommending this thing anymore.
What version of the app? The JB4 mobile guys are working on an update issue so if you're having problem updating just don't for awhile. Those 2580 chips you can't connect to now, once the fix is done, you'll be able to connect to them.

Burger Motorsports

(#5789)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0
Default Map 3 and 6 logs - 12-19-2020, 06:57 PM

New JB4 install. Stock q50 non-RS. 93 octane. Hows it look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R2_201219_1833.csv (14.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: csv P50_M3_R1_201219_190206.csv (7.3 KB, 16 views)
(#5790)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 12-22-2020, 03:29 PM

Both logs look healthy. I don't see any big drops in the Ign1 field (timing) and looks like the normal curve through the rev range. I would try Map 4 and see how that looks.
(#5791)
Old

Default 12-22-2020, 04:53 PM

So can anyone tell me what's going on....

JB4 on map 4, 60 degrees outside, 93 octane. I've run the entire rev range plenty of times. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and most of 4th. I've noticed that sometimes in the middle of pushing 3rd gear, around 5k rpm, the power completely cuts out. Like a quick limp mode.

What exactly is causing this? Heat soak? Too much boost.... even though I've pushed this kind of boost over 30 or 40 times in the past month.

Anyone who has experienced this, please let me know. The graph doesn't really show anything ( ignition drop, boost drop, nothing) it just looks like the rpms didn't climb ( because they didnt)
(#5792)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2020, 07:59 PM

Try to catch it in a log and lets see what's going on!

Burger Motorsports

(#5793)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmendoza96
New JB4 install. Stock q50 non-RS. 93 octane. Hows it look?
Looks good to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#5794)
Old

Default 12-22-2020, 09:33 PM

Its not the prettiest log. Between 2nd and 3rd I let off the throttle for a second, then came back full WOT and you can see the rpm hiccups in 3rd
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M4_R1_csv_201222_184245.csv (4.5 KB, 10 views)
(#5795)
Old

Car: q50
Default 12-25-2020, 01:50 PM

New best 0 to 60. RWD JB4, no tune. 16 psi. Dragy verified. Any other JB4 RWD cars in this range? Think it's about tapped out unless we get a launch mode.
Attached Images

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars

Last edited by ddnspider; 12-27-2020 at 06:05 PM..
(#5796)
Old

Car: Q50S
Default 12-27-2020, 06:00 PM

Hello everybody! New to the forum but I'm trying a map 6 out and was wondering how my logs look. Most of the pulls are from 3rd gear around 2000/2500 all the way up to redline, although there were some occasions where I had to let off because of traffic. I currently have a afe resonated catback without mufflers. 91 octane. 2018 q50 silver sport.

Attached are two different logs I recently did, so let me know If I need to do anything different. How do they look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R1_201227_1544.csv (316.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv P50_M6_R4_201227_1550.csv (44.3 KB, 7 views)
(#5797)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2020, 07:52 PM

Seems fine to me, can't see any issues. More octane would get timing up a bit if mixing in some E85 is a possibility...

Burger Motorsports

(#5798)
Old

Car: Q50S
Default 12-27-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Seems fine to me, can't see any issues. More octane would get timing up a bit if mixing in some E85 is a possibility...
Thank you for the feedback! I thought e85 with stock fuel pump/lines was a no go? How many gallons would you suggest to achieve that while being safe?
(#5799)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 12-28-2020, 07:42 AM

E30 seems to be the most these stock fuel systems can handle before the fuel flow limitations of the stock HPFP/LPFP become a real issue. If messing around with E Fuel blends - be sure to test your E85 and Pump Fuel & use a trusted E-content calculator. E85 and pump fuel E-content changes noticeably week from week, pump from pump here in North Texas. A longer-term and much less messy option is to add a Flex Fuel Kit to your setup - it will wire right up to your JB4 and you can read the E-content from your JB4 app.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/ethanol-mix-calc.php

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#5800)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardofpeace
Thank you for the feedback! I thought e85 with stock fuel pump/lines was a no go? How many gallons would you suggest to achieve that while being safe?
5 gallons E85 rest pump is the common mix, not had any issues with the fuel lines or pump.

Burger Motorsports