N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
thampz thampz is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Join Date: Sep 2015
Car: E92 335iA
Default F10 Automatic - ZF8HP45 - 11-15-2016, 10:59 PM

Heya,

I couldn't find anything related to this. As far as I know, pre-LCI F10 535iA and F30 335iA came out from the factory with ZF8HP45, which is rated at 450nm/330lbft, right?

I was already pressing the "Buy now" button while someone told me this over the phone, I got scared

Now after a while of reading over the mighty interwebz I found people talking about 'My 2010 F10 is equipped with Sport Automatic transmission' wth is this?

But really the main concern is the torque limitation of this transmission my car is equipped with, unless I really do miraculously have some sort of "Sport Tranny"

F10 N55 JB4 torque is way above the safelimit of this transmission, is this something I really shouldn't think twice(=read factory safelimits +20% -> 540nm/400lbft) or?
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Mike_L's Avatar
Mike_L Mike_L is offline
Anti-Social
 
Posts: 1,900
Join Date: Jun 2014
Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 11-15-2016, 11:35 PM

These tranny's are fine to about 600ftlbs at the wheels. Then they break. Sport Automatic is just tuning and paddles. No mechanical changes.


Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550i xDrive
2018 Silver Equinox LT 2.0T
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
thampz thampz is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Join Date: Sep 2015
Car: E92 335iA
Default 11-15-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
These tranny's are fine to about 600ftlbs at the wheels. Then they break. Sport Automatic is just tuning and paddles. No mechanical changes.
Thats what I thought about the sport thingy, paddles.

http://www.zf.com/global/media/produ...taSheet_EN.pdf

You mistake 8HP90 for 8HP45

8HP45 - 450nm - F10/F30 x35iA
8HP50 - 500nm - F10/F30 x35iA LCI
8HP75 - 750nm - F10 550iA
8HP90 - 900nm - Audi RS6 etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission

Last edited by thampz; 11-16-2016 at 12:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Peter @ Pure's Avatar
Peter @ Pure Peter @ Pure is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: F20 M135i
Default 11-16-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thampz
Thats what I thought about the sport thingy, paddles.

http://www.zf.com/global/media/produ...taSheet_EN.pdf

You mistake 8HP90 for 8HP45

8HP45 - 450nm - F10/F30 x35iA
8HP50 - 500nm - F10/F30 x35iA LCI
8HP75 - 750nm - F10 550iA
8HP90 - 900nm - Audi RS6 etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission
No what he means is that even though from the factory it's rated at 450nm people have been running stage2 turbos on the N55 with this trans making well over 700nm without any issues.

Eg. I have ran 40000km with stage2 turbo at 700+ nm (max on dyno was 775nm) without any transmission issues. Car has 98000km and no issue at all.


F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
thampz thampz is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Join Date: Sep 2015
Car: E92 335iA
Default 11-16-2016, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter @ Pure/PTF
No what he means is that even though from the factory it's rated at 450nm people have been running stage2 turbos on the N55 with this trans making well over 700nm without any issues.

Eg. I have ran 40000km with stage2 turbo at 700+ nm (max on dyno was 775nm) without any transmission issues. Car has 98000km and no issue at all.
Fair enough..
F20 M135i, F30 335i and F10 535i use the same automatic transmission depending on the year.

All of my concerns shall be lifted!

Back to the shopping spree I guess
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
Peter @ Pure's Avatar
Peter @ Pure Peter @ Pure is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: F20 M135i
Default 11-16-2016, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thampz
Fair enough..
F20 M135i, F30 335i and F10 535i use the same automatic transmission depending on the year.

All of my concerns shall be lifted!

Back to the shopping spree I guess
Happy shopping!


F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com