N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Car: All Things Booost
Default Intro Thread -New Forum Representative for VTT! - 05-05-2016, 10:46 PM

Hey everyone,

My name is Chris and am happy to introduce myself as a new forum representative for VTT. I figured Iíd make a quick intro post, and catch you guys up with who I am and why Iím here.

My Experience: My background is in engineering and project management specializing in complex air systems, fueling systems, and turbine engines for both the private sector as well as the U.S. Government. More pertinent when talking about being a rep for Tony, I built a career operating as a liaison between small high performance groups that often communicated very differently.

Why Iím here: Bluntly stated, itís no secret to anyone that Tony has a ďpassionateĒ (ha!) way of communicating, which doesnít always translate productively into forum activity. Tony approached me and asked if I could help. From his mouth, heís at his best when working new designs, pushing limits on the dyno, and continued development of the platform -not engaging on the forums. Thatís my job now.

My goals: Iím here to maintain an active and professional presence on the forums. Iíll be making new product and update posts, answering questions, and should any issues arise, I will help bring about the resolution.

Thatís it in a nutshell guys. Iím actually very excited about this and am looking forward to getting to know some of you better as we move forward. The only caveat is that my email at VTT isnít quite done being set up yet, so either reply here or shoot me a PM.

Chris

Chris - VTT Forum Representative
For fastest response: Chris@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 05-05-2016, 11:28 PM

Are you the same representative as the last one (i.e. Tony under a different username)?
(#3)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 05-05-2016, 11:44 PM

Lol. Welcome to the forum.

Garrett Gtw 6465, Supporting mods , Mhd/Jb4
(#4)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-06-2016, 02:10 AM

Riiggghhhhttt...

I don't buy it.

What is your connection to N54's and Tony? You used to work some fairly high profile jobs it sounds like... Now you work for Tony doing forum posts because he's too toxic to do it himself?

I guess he's really feeling the burn of being banned from bimmerboost and looking to make a customer base here..

Anyways, as mentioned above.. This seems oddly familiar, almost like it's happened before.
(#5)
Old

Default 05-06-2016, 02:47 AM

Lol welcome.. I think we should give him a chance before dissing him.

#ForumSpirit maybe?
(#6)
Old

Car: 335XI
Default 05-06-2016, 04:20 AM

Welcome.
(#7)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 05-06-2016, 04:59 AM

Tony doesn't need a representative, he needs therapy and medication.
(#8)
Old

Car: 135
Default 05-06-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech
My background is in engineering and project management specializing in complex air systems, fueling systems, and turbine engines for both the private sector as well as the U.S. Government.
Right... So now you work for a guy that beats women and steals cars? I don't buy it. Even if you are "Chris" and not Tony, anyone who aligns themselves with Tony is trash in my book. Good day.

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+
(#9)
Old

Car: 08' BMW 135iM
Default 05-06-2016, 06:12 AM

Whoa tough crowd...

Welcome to the forum.

7DCT 2013 LeMans Blue BMW ///335is (Pending Inspection)
6AT | 135i ///M Sport - CRASHED (TOTALLED)
(#10)
Old

Default 05-06-2016, 06:35 AM

Lotta history here and folks don't forget. So you've got a lot to work through Chris. Proving time.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#11)
Old

Car: E90
Default 05-06-2016, 06:49 AM

Welcome!
(#12)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 05-06-2016, 07:03 AM

Even though I hate Tony like the rest of you we should all welcome this new guy! Sounds like they are doing the right thing

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#13)
Old

Car: BMW 135i Coupe
Default 05-06-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost junkie
^ This
(#14)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 05-06-2016, 08:08 AM

Things are so bad Tony hired a damage control guy for forums?

Step in the right direction I suppose, so I'll give him that.

Given the history on here though I suggest you Pepper your Angus if you plan to stick around.
(#15)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 05-06-2016, 08:11 AM

Forum rep? He needs a customer rep also. How many threads around with people with vargas problems and tony in the end tells them too bad. "Our turbos don't fail, period"

Gonna have to agree, you work for tony, so guilty by association. If you hang around garbage, you will start to smell like garbage.

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Race BEF, DCI, Inlets, RB 2ís, outlets, 6" AMS FMIC,Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, d_p's, stage 2 lpfp, Mfactory LSD, X-Clutch twin disk.
(#16)
Old

Car: BMW 135, Yamaha fz8
Default 05-06-2016, 08:17 AM

Its so funny how everyone bitches about tonys unprofessional demeanor and he hires a guy or pretends to be a guy to improve coustomer relations and everyone is bashing still....tough crowd hu. Welcome and good luck friend you've got my support as normal human being who won't judge you based on another's rude mouth.

2008 BMW 135i MT: Stock turbo FBO
502whp 593wtq
11.995 @122.08. 60' 2.041
3180lbs w/o driver
(#17)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 05-06-2016, 08:25 AM

Welcome aboard Chris.

My feedback to you on your success. As you've seen it's a tough crowd, due to the vast and colored history here. I'm sure it's no secret, you've got some work ahead of you to prove your value and the continued value of the products.

My personal opinion is the products have a good reputation, lots of members have them and like them. I was on one of the first batches of inlets, good product, great results. Like any other business though there is a brand that should be maintained.

Welcome aboard and good luck.
(#18)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 05-06-2016, 08:34 AM

It'd be fun if some VTT competitor comes into this thread and set-up a give-away poll to guess Chris' longevity as 'representative'.

F30 335i, JB4, dec4tted, BMS intake, CG Precision Exhaust
(#19)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 05-06-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element
Are you the same representative as the last one (i.e. Tony under a different username)?
That would become clear from the responses.

But unfortunately, different face same company anyway.

My biggest gripe with anything Vargas would be the after sales service. Should I need it. Which doesn't sound pleasant from other reviews.

UK FBO 335i, ̶V̶T̶T̶ ̶G̶C̶s̶ China 19T, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#20)
Old

Default 05-06-2016, 09:33 AM

Piss off Tony!!! We don't need or want you back here.

We all know you talk down on the JB4. So why come crawling back here??

Clearly business has gone to **** for VTT since he left the forums.

It's too late to try and fix all your F$&K ups. Why would anyone buy your products when there's better options available.

Go see a doctor and get some real help. Meds are really good these days.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#21)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 05-06-2016, 09:40 AM

I honestly don't know how people get so butt hurt over Tony. I've never bought a single product from him but have gotten some useful info from him on the forums.

People are too damn sensitive nowadays. If you dont want to read about VTT then skip over the thread simple as that.

Welcome Chris, hopefully you wont give into the crap your going to get for the time being. Nothing personal against you, just people with nothing better to do than complain about products they've never bought.

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#22)
Old

Default 05-06-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah
I honestly don't know how people get so butt hurt over Tony. I've never bought a single product from him but have gotten some useful info from him on the forums.

People are too damn sensitive nowadays. If you dont want to read about VTT then skip over the thread simple as that.

Welcome Chris, hopefully you wont give into the crap your going to get for the time being. Nothing personal against you, just people with nothing better to do than complain about products they've never bought.
Actually a good amount of us I'm sure have bought his products....

I recently bought chargepipe outlets which did not fit on my intercooler because the end of his silicone inlet was around 1/8 of an inch smaller than it should be. I asked Tony for help but all I got was "I've installed 3 sets of these so I know they work, you're doing it wrong"...

(#23)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Car: All Things Booost
Default 05-06-2016, 09:54 AM

Wow guys, all things considered I'm pretty happy with the responses. I'll nail them down one at a time. You guys tell me how I'm doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element
100% No bull**** I'm my own person and certainly not Tony. If you don't believe me yet, I understand why but give it time, you'll figure it out via my different writing style and demeanor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom77
Lol. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks brother. Glad to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebles
Riiggghhhhttt...

I don't buy it.

What is your connection to N54's and Tony? You used to work some fairly high profile jobs it sounds like... Now you work for Tony doing forum posts because he's too toxic to do it himself?

I guess he's really feeling the burn of being banned from bimmerboost and looking to make a customer base here..

Anyways, as mentioned above.. This seems oddly familiar, almost like it's happened before.
You're not that far off from the truth. I don't have anything to hide and I do understand the uphill battle I'm dealing with. That said, I started out as a customer, through one reason or another we started talking regularly and developed a professional relationship. My experience dealing with some fairly rowdy groups (ever work with a high performance team on military projects?) makes my communication with him relatively easy. As to why I'm doing it -plain and simple, I want to. I love the challenge, and I've seen a side of Tony pushing hard and really innovating. It's so much better when he does what he does best, and generally avoids the stuff that he's just no good at. Personally? My weakness is staying awake in powerpoint presentation driven meetings that exceed more than about an hour. This, I can handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh58
Lol welcome.. I think we should give him a chance before dissing him.

#ForumSpirit maybe?
Thank you, I appreciate it. Time always reveals the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT
Welcome.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost junkie
Having a rep, some therapy AND some medication sounds like a good day to me. Throw in some nachos and I'm a happy man. It's all steps in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo Rider
Right... So now you work for a guy that beats women and steals cars? I don't buy it. Even if you are "Chris" and not Tony, anyone who aligns themselves with Tony is trash in my book. Good day.
Work with. This is a good point you bring up since I've perused the forums enough to have seen evidences of this stated a few times. I'll give you my perspective as someone who has made some "questionable" decisions in my past; when I meet a person I judge them based on who they are now, how they behave now. I don't know all the details of what happened in Tony's past, what's true or not true, and I honestly don't care. I care how he treats me, how he treats those that I see his interactions with, and up to this point he's been very honest and respectable to me, especially his openness about wanting to turn things around. Again, I don't know all of his past (who does except him?) but I'm not here to judge him for that or discuss it. I'm here to help push the platform forward, announce some really awesome new things (very soon!) and I don't see one single reason that we can't do that and have fun. I mean, we are talking about turbocharging cars, right? All of us love the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotCEO
Whoa tough crowd...

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks man! I appreciate it. I knew what I was getting into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Lotta history here and folks don't forget. So you've got a lot to work through Chris. Proving time.
Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about! I typed it up above but I'll state it again... time always reveals the truth. Maybe I'm a decent guy and will be able to help turn things around, or maybe I'm full of **** and you guys will figure that out right away. My experiences lead me to believe that in time, one is known for their character and capabilities. I'm grateful for the opportunity to help out here and the willingness for people to hear my voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Man
Welcome!
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan
Even though I hate Tony like the rest of you we should all welcome this new guy! Sounds like they are doing the right thing
Thank you -that's the goal for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
Things are so bad Tony hired a damage control guy for forums?

Step in the right direction I suppose, so I'll give him that.

Given the history on here though I suggest you Pepper your Angus if you plan to stick around.
haha, you guys aren't so bad. Spot on about the history though. As far as hiring a damage control guy... well, that's what these posts are about. It IS a step in the right direction but again -time will tell. For sure it's an uphill battle but since when has anyone worth a damn backed away from a challenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
Forum rep? He needs a customer rep also. How many threads around with people with vargas problems and tony in the end tells them too bad. "Our turbos don't fail, period"

Gonna have to agree, you work for tony, so guilty by association. If you hang around garbage, you will start to smell like garbage.
Hey now, let's not get off on the wrong foot here! One of the things I'm going to be helping with is -if we do have a problem- putting together all the information to help present to Tony. Not only can I work for Tony in this regard but I can help -to an admittedly limited extent- work for you guys too, in that I can get all the facts put together in a clear, concise manner and present them to Tony with a suggestion based on all those facts. People get very emotional when there is a lot of money, and passion mixed with problems. I can help sort that out, keep everyone calm, and hopefully come up with a reasonable resolution. This part will be a learning experience for me too, but I see no reason why we can't have the goal be for everyone to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfz8
Its so funny how everyone bitches about tonys unprofessional demeanor and he hires a guy or pretends to be a guy to improve coustomer relations and everyone is bashing still....tough crowd hu. Welcome and good luck friend you've got my support as normal human being who won't judge you based on another's rude mouth.
Thanks brother. You get it, and that's exactly the point of my presence here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross22
Welcome aboard Chris.

My feedback to you on your success. As you've seen it's a tough crowd, due to the vast and colored history here. I'm sure it's no secret, you've got some work ahead of you to prove your value and the continued value of the products.

My personal opinion is the products have a good reputation, lots of members have them and like them. I was on one of the first batches of inlets, good product, great results. Like any other business though there is a brand that should be maintained.

Welcome aboard and good luck.
Sounds spot on to me. Thanks for your welcome. It is a tough crowd but hey, some of that was well earned, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_h10
It'd be fun if some VTT competitor comes into this thread and set-up a give-away poll to guess Chris' longevity as 'representative'.
I'll take you up on that. Make the giveaway good enough and I'll quit right on my own guess end date and win the prize, but it's gotta involve nachos and turbos to raise my interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS
That would become clear from the responses.

But unfortunately, different face same company anyway.

My biggest gripe with anything Vargas would be the after sales service. Should I need it. Which doesn't sound pleasant from other reviews.
Noted. Again, different face but same company is true but that different face was chosen for a reason -there is often more going on behind the scenes than is apparent in many situations. This is one of them. As far as after the sale service -if you have an issue, definitely contact me and let's see if I can help bring about an amicable resolution.

Chris - VTT Forum Representative
For fastest response: Chris@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#24)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 05-06-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebles
Actually a good amount of us I'm sure have bought his products....

I recently bought chargepipe outlets which did not fit on my intercooler because the end of his silicone inlet was around 1/8 of an inch smaller than it should be. I asked Tony for help but all I got was "I've installed 3 sets of these so I know they work, you're doing it wrong"...

Ive installed his inlets on my friends car and didnt have issues with everything that a lot of people complained about. I cant speak for your chargepipe but I am sure if it is that close, it can be adapted and made to work one way or another.

I dont think people realize that installing upgraded custom parts on cars can sometimes require some fab work or thinking out of the box. Ive worked as a mechanic and have seen brand new OEM parts not fit correctly.. It happens..

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#25)
Old

Default 05-06-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah
Ive installed his inlets on my friends car and didnt have issues with everything that a lot of people complained about. I cant speak for your chargepipe but I am sure if it is that close, it can be adapted and made to work one way or another.

I dont think people realize that installing upgraded custom parts on cars can sometimes require some fab work or thinking out of the box. Ive worked as a mechanic and have seen brand new OEM parts not fit correctly.. It happens..
I've done just about every single job you can do on this car in my time of ownership.. Turbos, all the bolt ons, clutch, diff, inlets, tuning, jb4, meth and I also come from a similar background in the evo world. I'm familiar with what should need fabbing and what shouldn't. Placing a coupler around a silicone outlet to make it fit onto an intercooler is not a good option, nor should it be the way it's done either.

You're right, sometimes this stuff happens.... When it does the company that ****ed it up should step up and help the customer.