N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3876)
Old

Car: 335i N55
Default 01-21-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map1 and map2 are additive based, target is added to factory target (dme bt) to arrive at request for final boost. Whether you hit that request or not depends on other factors including whether EWG connector installed to allow the JB4 to adjust WGDC directly.
Thanks, that's helpful. I logged another map 1 run today (granted it was first gear into 4th), and I was pretty consistently about 1 psi below dme bt+target. The screenshot from the attached log is all WOT except for a tiny blip.

I do have an EWG harness on order, but I've been told that it is not used until maps 5+. Is that correct, or will it make a difference on maps 1 and 2? What other factors contribute to meeting boost request with no EWG harness?

Boost seems to build slowly at low RPMs compared to other modded turbo cars I've had. I've tried increasing PID from 10 to 20 and FF/WG Adaptation from 50 to 60, but this had no noticeable effect.

WGDC seems to stay around 50-54 during pulls. I've seen logs of a similar car (CT_Drifter...not sure if it has an EWG harness) that showed WGDC around 93. What could be the difference?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 1-21-21-M1_PID20_FF50.csv (8.9 KB, 4 views)

'14 335i M Sport (F30 N55), JB4 (EWG V1), CTS Turbo catted DP and CP, ARM FMIC, drop-in K&N air filter

Last edited by zmunkey; 01-21-2021 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Remove a question addressed in another post.
(#3877)
Old

Car: BMW F10 N55
Default 01-24-2021, 03:38 AM

Deeply appreciated your prompt responses. I will get my local tuner BMS tuning to data log and send over. Nice day and good health.
(#3878)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmunkey
Thanks, that's helpful. I logged another map 1 run today (granted it was first gear into 4th), and I was pretty consistently about 1 psi below dme bt+target. The screenshot from the attached log is all WOT except for a tiny blip.
Relog once EWG is on, and also log map5 which is an absolute boost target, so we can compare. With EWG on we should see more boost here especially on map5.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.