N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: e93 335i
Default Post manual swap bugs - 11-16-2020, 01:23 PM

Shared album - N54 MN - Google Photos I have these codes . I wired in the clutch switch properly and ran an open loop on the black dme connector for the auto wiring. Also flashed a bef. Removed the auto transmission in protool and coded the other modules it promoted me to code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 11-17-2020, 06:26 AM

Did you tie the pt can wires together that went into the auto trans? You need to do that to get dsc communicating. The two twisted pair wires that went into the auto trans need to go together. Blue to blue and yellow to yellow

The crank sensor code double check your wiring. I think the middle fuse in the set of fuses in the dme box provides power for the crank sensor.

335xi sedan 6mt / MMP 1k turbos / MHD FlexFuel + AIC6 PI / South Bend Stg3 clutch
535xi wagon 6mt / ebay 17t / FBO
(#3)
Old

Default 11-17-2020, 06:30 AM

I did tie them together color for color. As for the crank sensor I used to have my boost controller with larger fuses on there and I accidentally put a 5 fuse alone in may not be providing enough power. The only thing that I did not do is wire in the reverse switch because I have no I drive on this car is that a critical step I missed?
(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 11-17-2020, 07:48 AM

reverse light wiring won't throw any codes or affect anything

maybe the crank sensor wire got pinched in the motor mount while you were putting it back in? worth a look imo...

335xi sedan 6mt / MMP 1k turbos / MHD FlexFuel + AIC6 PI / South Bend Stg3 clutch
535xi wagon 6mt / ebay 17t / FBO
(#5)
Old

Default 11-17-2020, 08:25 AM

That's a a valid point and I will double check that. But I still do not understand why I am receiving auto transmission faults if the coding for auto trans and the modules has been removed. Double checked my wiring its good the car starts with clutch pedal pressed in like it should. Reflashed an mhd backend flash still no luck