N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 6266 335i
Default N54 6266 dyno session - 06-08-2020, 10:02 AM

Just looking for some feedback on logs, going port injectiong in the next couple weeks and want to have my current setup as dialed in as physically possible prior to my next step in power.

Mod list

Custom bef twin scroll maps that ive been adjusting over time.

Consisting off vanos timing changes to enable faster spool. Fueling, lean spool disabled. Ignition timing adjusted for pump and e30 maps.

6266 g2 1.15 ar
Jp workz top mount manifold
Walboro 450lph
Custom 3" t304 turbo back
Vs catch can
Mfactory flywheel with spec 3+
Upgraded engine and trans mounts
3.5 bar map sensor
Custom charge piping
Vsrf 7" HD intercooler
All logs done on map 3 20psi

Car put down 520whp on a mustang dyno, Im content with this for the time being as the intercooler and hpfp are nearing there limits. Shop owner advised that this dyno typically reads 13 percent low. Dyno run was on e30 blend fuel.

I've had some issues finding all adjustment variables on dialing in the car as far as the jb4, so please let me know if you find anything that may be incorrect.

Logs were completed with engine timing set to 1 to view knock feedback, Not sure if this is false info.

IAT rises to almost 170f on the dyno with a barrel fan, its clear to me the volume is rapidly outpacing the intercooler. Considering uses a devilsown meth setup I have laying around from one of my other cars with a small nozzle just to keep iat down. Ive heard some negatives about uses this with port injection, any opinions?

Having some issues attaching the logs. Will follow up with a second post.

Thanks!
(#2)
Old

Default logs - 06-08-2020, 10:20 AM

Logs attached

both dyno logs on e30 blend.

pump gas log is a quick pull on the street after altering some fueling settings within the base map.

here's a vid of one of the pulls! https://www.instagram.com/p/CBJIxSQD..._web_copy_link

Thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs dyno 1.csv (35.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs dyno 2.csv (36.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: csv pump gas log .csv (13.5 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by Jjjcost; 06-08-2020 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: grammar
(#3)
Old

Default 06-08-2020, 10:42 AM

attached a picture of the chart as well as a picture of the car in question, sorry for all the separate posts I have information scattered between my phone and computer.
Attached Images

(#4)
Old
Brendan

Car: 335i 2007 6spdman
Default 06-08-2020, 04:50 PM

iats crazy high.

My logs of a plazmaman intercooler in 31 degree c 88f ambients dont go over 115f cruising.

Start of pulls are generally around 110f end of pull 90f repeat after repeat. Thats without meth or water.
170f bloody high and robbing you some hp.

Thats on 20psi wot runs but e85 fuel compared to 93 fuel.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-08-2020, 05:58 PM

Typically I see about a 10-20f rise above ambient temperatures on the street in 3rd, Im fairly let down by the 7" hd vsrf. Im thinking that the fan setup at the shop was not helping the situation. Definitely my first priority at this time!
(#6)
Old
Brendan

Car: 335i 2007 6spdman
Default 06-08-2020, 06:36 PM

Its hot in dyno rooms which exagerates everything.
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-09-2020, 10:52 AM

That IAT rise I’d attribute to a few things.

-stagnant air / hot Dyno room
- inadequate fan
-VRSF 7in - ok for stock Turbos, but has shown to be very inadequate with hybrids & single setups

Logs don’t look bad, Heat zapping a decent amount of power for sure

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 06-11-2020, 05:05 PM

Thanks for taking a look Dave!
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-12-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjjcost
Thanks for taking a look Dave!
Single setups really should be using a 7.5 fmic

Our 7.5 race fmic is freaking awesome & price great too, Id look to upgrade

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Default 06-16-2020, 07:13 PM

Definitely the next thing on my list Dave!

A couple of questions as I dive deeper into my flex fuel configuration with pi

Pin 2- flex fuel signal wire to jb4? I assuming that this is the case. Saw a fuel-it video that mentioned pin 15 but I'm guessing that this input has moved to 2 for the port injection.

I am working on configuring a full flex fuel setup which consists of mhd to handle the timing adjustments and the jb4 for fuel scaling etc.

Based on my research the only way I believe that is currently possible is to take the signal from my flex sensor and branch it to a motiv flex fuel box in addition to the jb4.

Thanks!!!