N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Brendan

Car: 335i 2007 6spdman
Default Port Injection starts too late - 06-07-2020, 10:26 PM

Hi Terry or Payam ect,

How do you start port injection injecting earlier? The settings of fuel bias start at 3000rpm but it doesnt start spraying until 4500 or so on the fuel enrichment logs.
I can see the trims change from that point also.
My trims are maxing out on spool before port injection kicks in.
PI fuel enrich log starts at 10psi.
How can I get it to turn on earlier?
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 06-07-2020, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan
Hi Terry or Payam ect,

How do you start port injection injecting earlier? The settings of fuel bias start at 3000rpm but it doesnt start spraying until 4500 or so on the fuel enrichment logs.
I can see the trims change from that point also.
My trims are maxing out on spool before port injection kicks in.
PI fuel enrich log starts at 10psi.
How can I get it to turn on earlier?
What controller are you using ?
Hobbs switch ?
Log to see whats happening ?
Maybe just needs a scalar adjustment ?
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-08-2020, 06:29 AM

Can I see a log?

I’m assuming you have the integrated controller?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
Brendan

Default 06-08-2020, 03:22 PM

Im about to look through the tables and see whats needed. I was hoping pi could be adjusted a bit better seems very 1 dimensional.
(#5)
Old
Brendan

Default 06-08-2020, 03:49 PM

Very 1st logs is with default settings.

after 1st wot run I turned lower rpm 3000-5000 to 60 from default 50 on fuel bias but it only starts flowing at 10 psi.

log attached.

Thos is not an auto or manual it is a powerglide.
the runs are generally from 60 km- 140 160 kmph. mph on jb4 is way out.
gear also does not work in logs.
(#6)
Old
Brendan

Default 06-08-2020, 03:52 PM

attached log
Attached Files
File Type: csv P30_M2_R16_200608_1020.csv (132.3 KB, 54 views)
(#7)
Old
Brendan

Default 06-09-2020, 07:58 PM

No safety kicks in for high afr.
Just did a few runs making my way up to map getting boost on target and fuel bias.

All logs were going good.
Last log started with 1 trim off the chart high and pegged during a 60-160kmph log afrs in the 17s.

Lucky I didnt fry a ring and nothing catastrophic happened.
Could of caused damage for sure. Wont know until i hear something.

Im not confident jb4 works as stated.

I think its time to get a proper aftermarket ecu.
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-10-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan
No safety kicks in for high afr.
Just did a few runs making my way up to map getting boost on target and fuel bias.

All logs were going good.
Last log started with 1 trim off the chart high and pegged during a 60-160kmph log afrs in the 17s.

Lucky I didnt fry a ring and nothing catastrophic happened.
Could of caused damage for sure. Wont know until i hear something.

Im not confident jb4 works as stated.

I think its time to get a proper aftermarket ecu.
Shoot me an email:

Dave@fuel-it.com

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2020, 08:39 AM

Something was weird with your log and would not let me open it. Wasted a min to figure it out but won't do it next time so sort that for next time. Make sure you are not opening/resaving JB4 logs.

In any event the PI mapping looks normal here. If your fuel pressure is crashing at such a low boost and engine speed you prob need a new high pressure pump.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports