N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default misfires > 6500 am I out of fuel? - 05-04-2020, 09:38 AM

https://***********/u/fn42/log-1588593509

20200503_164704_runs(1).csv

the problem I am having is that on high boost (>25) the car loses all power over 6500rpm and throws misfire codes for all 6 cylinders

LPFP drops to 50 and HP drops to "6"
car has a walbro 450 + 750cc PI, 2 step colder plugs @ .020

should I be doing a bigger LPFP or is this the HP side cutting out?

thanks

335xi sedan 6mt / MMP 1k turbos / MHD FlexFuel + AIC6 PI / South Bend Stg3 clutch
535xi wagon 6mt / ebay 17t / FBO
(#2)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe MT
Default 05-04-2020, 10:08 AM

Your timing looks good.

I think you want to bump up your Fuel Bias but I'm not sure; I'll let an expert chime in!

2007 e92 335i 6MT MSPORT -- DAW Stage 4 Turbos -- AD Engineering Port Injection -- VRSF Down Ps -- BMS DCI -- VRSF Inlets -- VRSF Aluminum Outlets -- ARM Chargepipe -- Turbosmart DVs -- 7" ARM FMIC -- LSD -- 335is Clutch -- BMS Short Throw -- Stage 2 Bucketless -- n20 Tmap -- Custom 3.5" Single Exit Exhaust
(#3)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-04-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fn42
https://***********/u/fn42/log-1588593509

Attachment 95548

the problem I am having is that on high boost (>25) the car loses all power over 6500rpm and throws misfire codes for all 6 cylinders

LPFP drops to 50 and HP drops to "6"
car has a walbro 450 + 750cc PI, 2 step colder plugs @ .020

should I be doing a bigger LPFP or is this the HP side cutting out?

thanks
As far as fueling is concerned, I would do dual walbros. Your lpfp is pretty maxed out, so even if you bump pi up, lpfp wont keep up.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-04-2020, 11:15 AM

damn ok, I have been looking at those BMS fuel pump controllers anyway

335xi sedan 6mt / MMP 1k turbos / MHD FlexFuel + AIC6 PI / South Bend Stg3 clutch
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-04-2020, 11:51 AM

Ummm yes, you are out of fuel, HPFP is tanking & LPFP is in the 50s

Pretty dangerous man.

How are you controlling your pi? Our controller?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 05-04-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Ummm yes, you are out of fuel, HPFP is tanking & LPFP is in the 50s

Pretty dangerous man.

How are you controlling your pi? Our controller?
no it's a splitsecond AIC6 & I am running the motiv flexfuel box to scale it for ethanol

I could go higher on the duty cycle for the PI. It's probably 70-80% at 25psi

but it sounds like I just need another pump

(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-05-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fn42
no it's a splitsecond AIC6 & I am running the motiv flexfuel box to scale it for ethanol

I could go higher on the duty cycle for the PI. It's probably 70-80% at 25psi

but it sounds like I just need another pump
Your out on the low end & top.

Id run a significantly less aggressive map until you sort that out.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 05-06-2020, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Your out on the low end & top.

Id run a significantly less aggressive map until you sort that out.
thanks

definitely still working on the fuel map

at the low end part where it's lean the fuel scalar works out to be over 1.3 on E50, I feel like that is already more fuel than it should have? ecu_psi == boost here so I cant blame the jb4 right

(#9)
Old

Default 05-06-2020, 05:44 AM

oh I bet the big turbos change VE a lot in that 10psi range so that kinda makes sense

(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-06-2020, 06:21 PM

Yeah 10, 12, 20, 30 psi on big Turbos isn’t the same as stockers- so be careful

If you had our integrated pi controller, dialing the car in would be a heck of a lot easier with more protection

Burger Motorsports