N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 535I X-Drive
Default Coupled DME/CAS/KEY - questions - 06-27-2019, 11:24 AM

Just got a MSD81 DME+CAS and Key from a donor car.
This is going to be my attempt at upgrading from my MSD80 with minimal impact on other parts of my budget.

The question stands here: I have already purchased MHD and a ton of other Vin locked softwares and am wondering how I can get them to work with the New DME and CAS.

I have the Bimmergeeks pro tool I can use, as well as ISTA+ and INPA.
Is it just as simple as reprogramming the VIN on the DME?
Will I also need to change the VIN on the CAS?

Has anyone done this before or what are my chances of success here?
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 E82 135i
Default 10-02-2019, 02:29 PM

Bump on this thread please! I purchased also a matching set of CAS, key fob and DME MSD81, from a donor car my transmission is manual too, will just unplugging the old and plugging the new CAS and dme work and start the car?
Can’t find a answer about this
(#3)
Old

Car: N54 335i
Default 10-04-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedge
Just got a MSD81 DME+CAS and Key from a donor car.
This is going to be my attempt at upgrading from my MSD80 with minimal impact on other parts of my budget.

The question stands here: I have already purchased MHD and a ton of other Vin locked softwares and am wondering how I can get them to work with the New DME and CAS.

I have the Bimmergeeks pro tool I can use, as well as ISTA+ and INPA.
Is it just as simple as reprogramming the VIN on the DME?
Will I also need to change the VIN on the CAS?

Has anyone done this before or what are my chances of success here?
Hello, I just recently had my 530I E60 DME Fail on me, The DME was replaced but the DME is vin coded. You can not buy a new DME and put it on the DME is also apart of EWIS and CAS so they all have to be coded to the DME. I wouldnt recommend doing it your self. If you read online that the DME cant be reprogramed but that is not ture it can. take it to someone that knows how to reprogram all that to your car. Ps youll need a new key as your current one will no longer work because of the new DME.
(#4)
Old

Default 10-04-2019, 08:14 AM

I got a matching set, so key, CAS, and not just the DME as that is know not to work at all alone, the set is all from the same car and same spec as mine, I will get the parts on Wednesday and I will be able to tell if it works, in my research Iím quiet positive it will start but will throw airbag and steering error codes as those modules are also VIN coded, someone suggested me that the dme cloners can code those modules remotely thatís a huge thumbs up as donít want to ship my key and CAS module, will keep everyone posted for the sakes of this thread
(#5)
Old

Default 10-05-2019, 02:31 PM

Yes! your car will most likely give you an Airbag light, mine did as well. one thing i forgot to mention, make sure when you purchased the DME you purchased one either with ACTIVE STEERING or NON ACTIVE STEERING that way you will not have a steering error.
(#6)
Old

Default 10-05-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifreezebmx562
Yes! your car will most likely give you an Airbag light, mine did as well. one thing i forgot to mention, make sure when you purchased the DME you purchased one either with ACTIVE STEERING or NON ACTIVE STEERING that way you will not have a steering error.
Thatís encouraging!, do you have any issues running in limp mode or power delivery was the same? I will know for sure on Wednesday, I will ask the guy that was going to do my MSD81 cloning, he offered to do my adaptive steering code delete remotely, he can indeed access and program the modules so I guess heíll be able to code the abs and steering modules and hopefully have no lights
(#7)
Old

Default 10-05-2019, 02:42 PM

No issues at all! i mean granted its my daily driver and its a E60 its been running very solid for about 4 months now. The only problem that ive noticed from swapping the DME is that the everytime i start my car my IDRIVE does NOT work, what i have to do is reset IDRIVE but thats not bad...
(#8)
Old

Default 10-09-2019, 01:57 PM

Update guys sadly a negative one, finally installed the donorís car DME, CAS and key, car did start and ran like normal idling, but canít move the steering wheel as it is still locked, couldnít even take it for a short trip because of this, also had 3 lights on the dashboard, ABS, TCS and what looks like steering system?, reverting back to install my original parts didnít clear the lights so I will be installing and figuring out BMW standard tools in order to see if they clear,m.
Bottom line is: you canít skimp on cloning the MSD81 even having a matching set of DME, CAS and key, wonít allow to use the car ☹️
(#9)
Old

Default 10-09-2019, 02:02 PM

This are the lights I’ve got when I installed the donor’s set, but also remained lit when I reinstalled my original set back, hope I can clear them with INPA
(#10)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535i
Default 10-11-2019, 01:46 PM

I can fix this remotely for you, massage me via pm

JB4 G5, DCI, Er CP with HKS Bov, VRSF DP's, BB Race flash