N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Go Back   N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion > Model-Specific Engine Tuning & Modification Discussion > N54
Reload this Page 535xi, Fuel-it stage 2 upgrade installed... walk-thru and 1st impressions

(#76)
Old

Car: 08 535ix
Default 01-21-2015, 05:35 PM

I'm happily no longer mixing, I'm running straight from the pump eXX which in its current winter blend is about e70. Summer will bring back the e85 and it's looks like my hpfp will be fine, certain the stg 2 from Steve is capable as well

'08 535xi 6m, ACT 6 Puck Race Clutch / AR Design DP's / AFE Twin Power DCI / VTT Inlets / VRSF CP / TIAL BOV / Big Tom style IC / Fuel-It Stg2 LPFP / NGK 5992's @.022 / N20 T-Map / MHD Flash....100% e85 @24psi on stock snails!
(#77)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 01-21-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black535xi
So my plans need to be something Like... stage 2 lpfp, port/tb injection, hybrid turbos?
That's exactly what we had in mind when we started this development as we feel that is the most common goal and wanted to support that.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#78)
Old

Car: 535XI
Default 01-21-2015, 07:34 PM

Hey Peder! Whats good brother, hope weather up north is treating you good!

What will I exactly need?

Chatted a bit with Dzenno, he recommended Walboro 255 inline before trying any e85 mixtures!

Also told me to reachout to Steve AZ for some options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean
Hey Chow,

Long time!
I have this pump and similar set-up to yours.
You need to do this and then add an E50 map. Mix 50/50.
It's plenty of juice, no need to complicate things.
Let's talk.
(#79)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2015, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinchino
Chatted a bit with Dzenno, he recommended Walboro 255 inline before trying any e85 mixtures!

Also told me to reachout to Steve AZ for some options!
We don't offer an inline kit for the 5 series, only the Stage 2 complete replacement option. This keeps a completely OEM like installation that is also plug and play. As a matter of fact, except for a couple small differences where we re-enforce a couple connections and re-assemble the bucket, it's hard to tell the OEM from our Stage 2.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#80)
Old

Default 01-22-2015, 07:39 AM

So being FBO + RB's on my XI and throwing your stage 2 pump in to my XI, What can I expect with a good tune running 93, e30, e50, e70 etc. If you don't mind me asking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
We don't offer an inline kit for the 5 series, only the Stage 2 complete replacement option. This keeps a completely OEM like installation that is also plug and play. As a matter of fact, except for a couple small differences where we re-enforce a couple connections and re-assemble the bucket, it's hard to tell the OEM from our Stage 2.
(#81)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2015, 06:49 PM

We wouldn't be able to speculate what power you'll be making due to all the different variables with tune, altitude, mods, actual fuel quality, and actual ethanol percentages.

Installing our Stage 2 pump assembly won't add any power, it'll enable you to run higher percentages of ethanol to tune more aggressively and safely. That is where your power will be made.

Dzenno will know what to do once you tell him what kind of fuel your running and he sees the logs.

(#82)
Old

Car: 535xi
Default 01-29-2015, 07:20 PM

Steve, I just watched the e60 install video on your website and it looks pretty straightforward/almost kinda easy... one thing i noticed was that you really need small arms to make it work (im a 250lb powerlifter)
Could a guy make this easier on himself by tying a piece of wire or string when pulling the old unit out, thus giving something to tie on to help guide the connectors over the hump in the middle? Basically i have no chance of getting my arms inside that tank

2010 535xi
ALL black, murdered out FBO jb4+flash
Fuel It! stage 2 LPFP on the way

12.400@112.16/1.731 60'
4205lbs
(#83)
Old

Default 01-29-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Steve, I just watched the e60 install video on your website and it looks pretty straightforward/almost kinda easy... one thing i noticed was that you really need small arms to make it work (im a 250lb powerlifter)
Could a guy make this easier on himself by tying a piece of wire or string when pulling the old unit out, thus giving something to tie on to help guide the connectors over the hump in the middle? Basically i have no chance of getting my arms inside that tank
That is actually a pretty good idea. If I had to do it again this is the plan

'08 535xi 6m, ACT 6 Puck Race Clutch / AR Design DP's / AFE Twin Power DCI / VTT Inlets / VRSF CP / TIAL BOV / Big Tom style IC / Fuel-It Stg2 LPFP / NGK 5992's @.022 / N20 T-Map / MHD Flash....100% e85 @24psi on stock snails!
(#84)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 01-29-2015, 07:39 PM

Don't you have a girlfriend with thin arms??

I think Boyaazaa used a piece of wire to pull it across.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#85)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 01-29-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Hahaha I had the same problem. I could only stick my forearm into the tank halfway. After I took a pic of what I was trying to fish the hoses through I fished a wire to the other side and pulled it gently across. Had I done that in the beginning it would have been an easy install.
Attached Images

'09 AW 535i
-FBO w/custom Cobb E45 map, Fuel_it Stg2 LPFP and Performance Gearing LSD

(#86)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 01-29-2015, 10:58 PM

Also I laid down a plastic liner down across the back to catch all the gas during the install. Worked like a charm since there isn't any gas smell in the car.

'09 AW 535i
-FBO w/custom Cobb E45 map, Fuel_it Stg2 LPFP and Performance Gearing LSD

(#87)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2015, 11:06 PM

Yep, nothing wrong with using a wire or something semi-rigid to fish them through. I would .

(#88)
Old

Default 01-30-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Don't you have a girlfriend with thin arms??

I think Boyaazaa used a piece of wire to pull it across.
Funny you say that... i was watching the video and my wife was sitting next to me. When he mentioned the part about small arms she said "i am NOT putting my hands in the gas tank"
I died LoL

2010 535xi

12.400@112.16/1.731 60'
4205lbs
(#89)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 01-30-2015, 10:01 AM

LOL, my wife doesn't even know the cars are tuned and modded. When complete strangers show up in our driveway for flash tunes I just say I am doing diagnostics. Easier than trying to explain what's really going on. She would want to know why it's necessary. Then I would have to ask her why she is buying a new pair of shoes when she already has a pair....

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#90)
Old

Default 01-30-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Funny you say that... i was watching the video and my wife was sitting next to me. When he mentioned the part about small arms she said "i am NOT putting my hands in the gas tank"
I died LoL

(#91)
Old

Default 01-30-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
LOL, my wife doesn't even know the cars are tuned and modded. When complete strangers show up in our driveway for flash tunes I just say I am doing diagnostics. Easier than trying to explain what's really going on. She would want to know why it's necessary. Then I would have to ask her why she is buying a new pair of shoes when she already has a pair....
haha, my wife is convinced all of the mods I've added are in the interest of better fuel economy. the e85 is cheaper per gallon than gas etc....

Good thing she doesnt know a thing about cars or care to know

it doesnt hurt that the apr tune, and intake/exhaust I put on her old audi actually improved mpg's with her driving it.

(#92)
Old

Default 02-03-2015, 10:27 AM

Buy one of these!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Too...6005/100660167

(#93)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2015, 02:57 AM

We did one of these installations yesterday morning. After unhooking the driver's side filter, we tied a string around the fittings and pulled everything out through the passenger side. We then untied the string and tied it to the fittings on the Stage 2 pump and used it to assist us in pulling the lines back through. Took us about 45 minutes for the full install while talking to the customer.

BTW, we also have a Scratch and Dent sale...

This is a newly built Stage 2 that would be a "Trade-In" but this one had a cracked fitting. It doesn't really affect anything but we can't just sell it as we normally would. So here is the deal.

If you have a previously modified pump or want to send your core back to save some money...this is for you.

This pump has a cracked fitting, it doesn't affect anything, but you can see from the picture a piece got broken off during the removal process.

This pump assembly will be $480 + $30 shipping and that includes the ring removal tool. The catch is that there is no deposit and if you don't send your core back, that's fine. If you do and it is stock and doesn't have any damage, we'll credit you back $100, so your upgrade was $380 + shipping.

Here's a pic of what we're are talking about. Everything else is just like any other Stage 2 and the pump and filter are new.

Name:  SAD 3.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  75.2 KB

(#94)
Old

Default 02-06-2015, 08:26 AM

Glad to hear that made it way easier... i think i should be able to do this myself

Why you gotta have this deal right now!? Just spent alot of money on new flooring, and a shotgun, and a gun safe, and CCW classes, and and and...

2010 535xi

12.400@112.16/1.731 60'
4205lbs
(#95)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 03-17-2017, 09:29 PM

Why couldn't make stage 3 fuel pump for our 5series?
(#96)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535i
Default 03-18-2017, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch4400
Why couldn't make stage 3 fuel pump for our 5series?
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43995

JB4 G5, DCI, Er CP with HKS Bov, VRSF DP's, BB Race flash