N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: BMW E82 135i
Default 08-17-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Saw this thread, and wanted to update for all the RHD guys left out in the cold. As of yesterday Nizpro has the RHD GC's installed on their test car, along with the shotgun Single Barrel, and are extremely happy after a few test drives. I am hoping to get some pictures, and feedback to make sure we do not have to make any changes, if we do we will implement those, and the RHD GC's will be ready for public consumption. This means GC lites, GC's, and GC+ will all fit RHD as these are modular all using the same housing. Almost there guys!
More good news for RHD market. Thanks guys.
(#27)
Old

Car: 2008 135i M Sport
Default 08-18-2016, 12:46 AM

Good work.
(#28)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 08-23-2016, 07:12 AM

Looks like Nizpro will be the first with 500KW in Australia, Simon emailed me last night that they made the equivalent of 684WHP at 27 psi with our GC turbos, and their tranny upgrade. Safe to say the GC's are doing what their name suggests, and changing the game...
Attached Images

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time

Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 08-23-2016 at 07:46 AM..
(#29)
Old

Car: 2009 e92
Default 08-23-2016, 09:48 PM

brilliant. sent message

cheers,
w
(#30)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 08-23-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2
The vast majority of RBs supplied into Oz have all smoked and failed with very low miles. Survivor RBs have the power wound back significantly. The current RB offerings may be different but RB has left a bad taste in many customer mouths. Many will not touch RB now.

RR700 have proved to be the highest reading modded stock frames with publicly released figures of 435rwkw (583hp), then add another 12-15% for dynojets, approximately. These are Kents turbos and they are going well.

As per my previous post the next 6 months will see big platform change here in Oz as our motors have started to give under the high HP loads. Lots of cars in workshops being rebuilt.
Are all these RB turbos referred to the "classic" RB's? My understanding is that the RB Next Gen turbos are significantly more reliable?
(#31)
Old

Default 08-24-2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Looks like Nizpro will be the first with 500KW in Australia, Simon emailed me last night that they made the equivalent of 684WHP at 27 psi with our GC turbos, and their tranny upgrade. Safe to say the GC's are doing what their name suggests, and changing the game...
Great work guys. Massive results.
(#32)
Old

Car: 07 E93 335i 6AT
Default 08-24-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Before you make false claims and start leading people on, I'd like to point out that Simon said that the 684hp is what it would read if it was on a US dyno, which would be 510kw. He didn't say that's his actual number.

Unfortunately, we don't use high reading US dynos in Australia and our dynos read on average 15% less. If this is the case, then the figure would only be 433kw. I am the person mentioned previously who made 435kw. Naturally, 15% isn't a definite number and can vary a lot.

This all speculative and the only thing we need to see is proof on an Aussie dyno that has numbers past 500kw.

Regardless, I think the turbos will go way past 435kw, but probably not 500kw. Either way, these GCs look like they'll be the go to turbos for those chasing bif numbers and fast times, along with the Nizpro tranny upgrade. Already have my name down for one, can't wait!
(#33)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Car: All Things Booost
Default 08-24-2016, 10:24 AM

Not to start the old dyno argument again -but what dyno do you guys use? Might be helpful for those that are unfamiliar with your practices if they differ significantly from ours.

Chris

Chris - VTT Forum Representative
For fastest response: Chris@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#34)
Old

Default 08-24-2016, 04:27 PM

Most of the big dyno numbers are from the same workshop Advan Performance in Sydney here Chris. It's a Dynodynamics dyno which as far as we understand reads 15% or so lower than Dynojet. Would be great to understand the actual difference back to back on same car so we can compare apples for apples.
(#35)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-24-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech
Not to start the old dyno argument again -but what dyno do you guys use? Might be helpful for those that are unfamiliar with your practices if they differ significantly from ours.

Chris
Most tuners here use a Dyno dynamics or a mainline dyno. The mainlines read even less than DD but they are a great dyno for tuning.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#36)
Old

Car: 2008 135i 6MT
Default 08-25-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedownunder
Most of the big dyno numbers are from the same workshop Advan Performance in Sydney here Chris. It's a Dynodynamics dyno which as far as we understand reads 15% or so lower than Dynojet. Would be great to understand the actual difference back to back on same car so we can compare apples for apples.
no dynojets in sydney at all? i found one in perth, only one in WA as well as far as i could tell. there are a lot of bike dynojets around, if you contact the dynojet distributor in australia they might tell you where the automotive ones are located.
(#37)
Old

Default 10-27-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadler
pure fail had a look inside her worst build ever seen pure said no warranty if posted
Serious??
(#38)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Car: All Things Booost
Default 10-27-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadler
update **** all available for no smokers. varagas not ready been testing no results we can have a proper look at. 3 mates rb smokers. 1 mate pure fail had a look inside her worst build ever seen pure said no warranty if posted about but its covered now to late. ****. going single had enough with faulty twinsies
If you want the inside scoop on RHD GC's status shoot me a PM or email me at Chris@Vargasturbo.com and I can update you directly.

Chris

Chris - VTT Forum Representative
For fastest response: Chris@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com

Last edited by Chris@VargasTurboTech; 10-27-2016 at 11:19 PM..
(#39)
Old

Default 10-27-2016, 11:33 PM

More options for RHD folk is very good news.
(#40)
Old

Car: 135
Default 10-28-2016, 01:02 AM

Yes, RHD Aussie single turbo low mount not far away.
(#41)
Old

Default 10-28-2016, 03:19 AM

Can't wait for this one!!!
(#42)
Old

Car: 135i coupe'
Default 10-28-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2
Yes, RHD Aussie single turbo low mount not far away.
I think he meant to say "MOTIV Motorsport" RHD adapted low mount coming soon.
(#43)
Old

Default 10-28-2016, 07:21 PM

Hahaha. I knew there would be some fun with this.
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2016, 09:18 AM

Guys,

Had to delete the last give posts. I don't want this site to turn in to a crap-fest. Take the personal stuff to email, facebook, or somewhere else. On this site please act professional or at least pretend to be. If you want to talk **** about a competitor that's your business but do it in a classy way.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Closed Thread