N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-07-2016, 12:55 PM

This is akin to trying to cover the smell of **** with febreeze. It may smell nice but the **** is still there.
(#77)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-07-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech
Thank you for your welcome.

The subject came up in one of our discussions about a design project we're casually collaborating on (i.e. not really a co-developer thing... more advisor and maybe I get a free sample thing) and he asked if I had any recommendations for someone. That's how it started. I thought it over and decided that I needed a little more stress in my life.

We outlined a basic plan, I asked some questions about failure rates, what he would and would not do, the obstacles, the direction sales were going, what the compensation would be and all those details.

To me, it seemed like an opportunity to help turn around someone who has excellent knowledge and very good performing products that need some help with presentation and obviously the online presence more than anything else. Plus -I love this platform. I know a ton of you guys here in person and to me, even though this is going to be some work, it's a luxury to be able to do some work in a subject area that you love.

This is the hard part, right now. Soon though, it's going to be new product release time and the drama that's absolutely mandatory in an intro post like this (given the history) can hopefully start to slowly filter out.
Thank you for the honest response. I will start out by saying I have had no issues with Tony personally and he has actually helped me. The reason I asked is because Tony claimed that he did more good for the forums then they did for him. Obviously this is not the case as he hired someone to be back on them. I don't have an issue with Tony's passionate attitude. I have an issue with him using that as a crutch to talk down and disrespect lots of members. He pretty much acted like the customers and potential customers did not matter to him. Almost as if he was doing them a great favor by offering them products. I wish you the best of luck and appreciate your positive attitude.

07 E90 335i 6mt
(#78)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Car: All Things Booost
Default 05-07-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T
This is akin to trying to cover the smell of **** with febreeze. It may smell nice but the **** is still there.
Well brother -sometimes wounds need to be cleaned before they can heal and you can evaluate what sort of scarring is going to be there. Time to clean up, stay positive, and move forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster3500
Thank you for the honest response. I will start out by saying I have had no issues with Tony personally and he has actually helped me. The reason I asked is because Tony claimed that he did more good for the forums then they did for him. Obviously this is not the case as he hired someone to be back on them. I don't have an issue with Tony's passionate attitude. I have an issue with him using that as a crutch to talk down and disrespect lots of members. He pretty much acted like the customers and potential customers did not matter to him. Almost as if he was doing them a great favor by offering them products. I wish you the best of luck and appreciate your positive attitude.
My understanding after talking with Tony is that what he was trying to convey was a frustration with some of the drama that can and often does go on in the forums -even if he directly caused some (a lot) of it. A lot of his sales trickle in through dealers, performance shops, things like that which are not directly associated with the forum, HOWEVER, it's very clear that the forums are an ideal place to get your voice out there, answer questions directly, and obviously spread the word. Heck, I learned about VTT through the forums way back when I was looking for some turbos. No one is contesting that, and it's poor business practice to turn your back on any segment of the audience. Tony knows this as well. That's why I'm here. Thank you for your response.

Chris - VTT Forum Representative
For fastest response: Chris@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#79)
Old

Default 05-07-2016, 08:45 PM

Why didn't you come clean about being SCGT in your initial post? Why not say "some of you may know me as user SCGT"? What are you hiding?

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#80)
Old

Car: E92
Default 05-07-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
Why didn't you come clean about being SCGT in your initial post? Why not say "some of you may know me as user SCGT"? What are you hiding?
Who cares? SCGT isn't his role, and It isn't like he's infamous. Vendors don't owe us anything. They make parts, we buy them (or not).

TS N54
(#81)
Old

Default 05-07-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Whos SCGT?

I get that Chris = SCGT..
(#82)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-07-2016, 10:16 PM

Just another **** post. Who cares what his other forum handle was.
(#83)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 05-07-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Haha,

Not hiding anything brother.

I distinctly separate work and personal things, I'm sure you understand. I'm not against merging the two, but what if I want to make a post, as my own person, and not a company rep? When I post here under this handle; I'm working. It's a job. I love the platform and like talking about it, new designs, things like that, and to be 100% honest with you, it's going to be a learning experience as I figure out that balance and move forward. As of now, yes, personally I used that handle before. Professionally, here, I'm "Chris@VargasTurboTech". My integrity is such that I wouldn't post company propaganda under my personal screen name, but it does raise a few questions... do I lose the right to be "just one of the guys" when I make a post about a tuner, or say, emissions readiness or how to fix a broken obdII port? My position right now is that I need to proceed carefully, be respectful, and if I post from my personal account, it needs to not have anything to do with turbos, VTT, or competing vendors. I think it's better like that. What do you guys think?

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#84)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 05-07-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard
Who cares? SCGT isn't his role, and It isn't like he's infamous. Vendors don't owe us anything. They make parts, we buy them (or not).
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh58
Whos SCGT?

I get that Chris = SCGT..
Some dude making bad decisions on forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommodore
Just another **** post. Who cares what his other forum handle was.
Thanks man. We'll get through this and on to the good stuff.

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#85)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport
Default 05-07-2016, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered
I don't speak much when it comes to threads like this. But seriously dude, why don't you **** off? If you've got real life beef with these people, why not approach them in real life? Tony is just the catalyst, it's little classless bitches like you that hurt the community image.
It's not necessarily classy calling someone a bitch on the Internet either. We're just speaking our minds here. We can disagree without name calling.

I admit I'm stooping a little low but I know it's this type of stuff that gets under Tony's skin so I have to. There aren't a lot of things that get me fired up but this is one of those. VTT is a joke, for many reasons. This company just recently sold junk turbos to a guy with an M6. That guy was so mad he posted on nearly every BMW forum about what happened. Who else has been ripped off by these guys? I'll make a list and share your experiences.

BTW: Is this the same Tony that owns VTT? https://thedirty.com/gossip/hollywoo...el-is-in-jail/. If so, why the hell would anyone stick up for this company?

Last edited by loesch; 05-08-2016 at 01:02 AM..
(#86)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 05-08-2016, 12:09 AM

Az? Is it possible Ive met you at a meet before then?

Garrett Gtw 6465, Supporting mods , Mhd/Jb4
(#87)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport
Default 05-08-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebles
Not sure who it is you're telling to F off but I think you need to chill a bit there bud.

Breathe, count to 10, smoke a joint, I don't know... RELAX.
Not you guys. Sorry man. Just VTT.
(#88)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 05-08-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loesch
It's not necessarily classy calling someone a bitch on the Internet either. We're just speaking our minds here. We can disagree without name calling.

I admit I'm stooping a little low but I know it's this type of stuff that gets under Tony's skin so I have to. There aren't a lot of things that get me fired up but this is one of those. VTT is a joke, for many reasons. This company just recently sold junk turbos to a guy with an M6. That guy was so mad he posted on nearly every BMW forum about what happened. Who else has been ripped off by these guys? I'll make a list and share your experiences.

BTW: Is this the same Tony that owns VTT? https://thedirty.com/gossip/hollywoo...el-is-in-jail/. If so, why the hell would anyone stick up for this company?
Hey man,

First, thanks for the post. That's what I'm here to help try to turn around. Let me bust out a few answers to help address some of the things you brought up.

1: Tony is a passionate guy who doesn't do the best on forums -pretty easy to get under his skin and then have him post things he probably shouldn't have. I'd rather not keep stating it, but not because it's a secret -it's because just about anyone who knows the platform already knows this. Tony recognized this weakness, because that's what it is, and is actively addressing it. Yep, should have done it earlier, but I can't help with that -I can help, here and now, and not only can I help with a positive forum presence, but I can help with issues that arise.

2: FOR EXAMPLE, the individual who has some issues with the M6 turbos. Listen man, there are ALWAYS 3 sides to a story; each parties side, and the truth. It's my job to try to keep it as close to the truth as possible. I don't know all of the details about Andy's situation, but I do know these facts:
-Andy (who is from Singapore) was in the states and brought the problem turbos with him, and got them to Tony
-They have come up with an agreement that is mutually satisfactory
-That agreement, when successfully fulfilled by VTT and successfully installed or operated by Andy, will then be a completed deal.
-WHEN that deal is successfully completed, Andy will update his posts.

That sounds fair to me. I'm sorry that Andy had any difficulties at all, but at this juncture, what happened is out of my control, but moving forward I can sure help drive it to resolution, and that is exactly what I'm doing. Give it time though, it'll take a few weeks for that to come to a conclusion but everyone is on the same page and I'm in contact with Andy.

That's what we're doing at VTT.

3: Now we're personal but I've seen this come up a few times. Full disclosure here guys, I'm going to address this once and after that I'm going to say "I addressed this in the past and don't feel it's appropriate to keep talking about it." If you really want more details give me a PM and call me and let's talk. The cliffnotes on this are:
- The dirty is a gossip site similar to the enquirer or such trash as you'd see talking about Kenny Rogers is an Alien and Oprah is actually 592 lbs back when you were a kid going grocery shopping with mom. Yes, there was an incident that was unfortunate. No, Tony didn't "beat a woman". All charges were dropped, and dropped for that very reason.
-Some of you have repeatedly asked me how I could work for such a person. I'll tell you what I did. I called Tony, talked to him for about 45 minutes about turbo related things, and I finally just asked him. He explained to me calmly and thoroughly what happened, why it happened, and what has changed for him since then. I have no reason not to believe him. His explanation was solid, and enough for me to nod my head, check that box off my list of concerns and move on. As a side note, I would not have taken this position if I felt the moral compass of the owner of the company was complexly out of calibration. Any other comments on this -take to PM and let's talk on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom77
Az? Is it possible Ive met you at a meet before then?
Probably not. I'm typically so busy with all sorts of things that I have my fingers in that I normally don't go to meets. I've done a drive to Canyon Lake with Steve and the guys once, and met some of you there, and you most certainly have met some of my friends at those meets. I'm sure we'll run into each other one day or another, guys, come up to me an introduce yourself. I'm a big bald ugly looking individual with a silver E90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loesch
Not you guys. Sorry man. Just VTT.
Got it man -but the goal is to move in a better direction. That's what I'm committed to.

P.S. My chris@vargasturbo.com email is up and working, so PM here, or email to that account works!

www.Vargasturbo.com

Last edited by Chris@VargasTurboTech; 05-08-2016 at 06:27 PM..
(#89)
Old

Default 05-09-2016, 08:36 PM

Chris quickly cleared up an outstanding issue I had with a VTT chargepipe, I didn't even ask him for the help... He went out of his way to make things right regarding a customer service issue that happened in the past.

All the nay-sayers should just relax a bit and give him a chance, sometimes just observing to see where things go is the best option and I think this instance is one of those situations.
(#90)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 05-09-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Chris quickly cleared up an outstanding issue I had with a VTT chargepipe, I didn't even ask him for the help... He went out of his way to make things right regarding a customer service issue that happened in the past.

All the nay-sayers should just relax a bit and give him a chance, sometimes just observing to see where things go is the best option and I think this instance is one of those situations.
Wow, that's good news. Good job Chris
(#91)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 05-09-2016, 09:52 PM

Welcome Chris!

2009 BMW 135i | Alpinweiß | 6AT | MHD/BMS JB4 G5 ISO32.8 | JB4 MHD 3/15/17 E85 Backend Flash | BMS Anti-Lag | Fuel-It Stage 2/ES-1/JB4 integration Kit | AD Engineering Port Injection | PR (Turbo-side) Inlets | PR Ignition System | VRSF DP | aFe Exhaust | Cobb FMIC | ER CP | Tial BOV | N20 TMAP | BMS Oil Cooler Valve | JB4 Mobile | 100% E85 | H&R Swaybars F&R | BA Diff Lock | StopTech D&S Rotors F&R | Cool Carbon Pads | Michelin PSS

(#92)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 05-10-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
I have a real problem with this as well. It sounds very familiar to the normal VTT way of doing business. IE: telling half truths, not sharing the full story or forgetting to mention a significant fact... If you claim to be hired to fix the problem(s), you really need to come *clean* on everything...

From a personal perspective, Tony is the lowest form of a human being that I have had the pleasure of purchasing parts from. (I've been modding cars since '91) He is very deceptive and a significant thorn in the n54 community. I could go down the list of deceptions. However, one of the most offensive is tacked on to the front of his shop. The term "wolf in sheeps in clothing" comes to mind when I see the biblical quote on the front of his building. Who has that plastered on their building and act like he does...
(#93)
Old

Default 05-10-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdady
I have a real problem with this as well. It sounds very familiar to the normal VTT way of doing business. IE: telling half truths, not sharing the full story or forgetting to mention a significant fact... If you claim to be hired to fix the problem(s), you really need to come *clean* on everything...

From a personal perspective, Tony is the lowest form of a human being that I have had the pleasure of purchasing parts from. (I've been modding cars since '91) He is very deceptive and a significant thorn in the n54 community. I could go down the list of deceptions. However, one of the most offensive is tacked on to the front of his shop. The term "wolf in sheeps in clothing" comes to mind when I see the biblical quote on the front of his building. Who has that plastered on their building and act like he does...
cool story bro
(#94)
Old

Default 05-10-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:

He was pretty straight forward about who he was, I don't think he's obligated to sit here and release every online alias from all the online forums he's a part of. Do you need his xbox live account, old emails and any other possible user name he might have else where on the internet as well?

We get it, you love RB and hate VTT.... Give it a break.
(#95)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 05-10-2016, 10:03 AM

I don't think this thing comes down to Chris really. The whole thing comes down to three perspectives that must be considered. One, do you dislike VTT no matter what the case may be whether you feel wronged by his products, support, or his unprofessional approach to things. This opinion will already judge Chris on his answers and you will tend to bash and scold him on any remarks he makes due to your hostility to Tony himself. Two, do you like his products which help push the platform forward and gives people additional options but you still dislike/resent the guy who runs the company. This is a tough position to be in due to having mix feelings on the subject and will make you hesitant to purchase products from him. Chris might have a positive effect for being on here but we all still know who calls the shots and who is benefiting from purchasing the products. Three, you like the products and the guy behind it. You more than likely have more of a rebellious attitude yourself and care less what people think of you. You will be a supporter of his no matter what. Having Chris on here will nothing but benefit you if you are this type of person. It's just potentially additional support that wasn't there before should you have something go wrong with a product you bought or have a question. I would say I sit somewhere in the number two category. I did buy turbos and few other things from him before really knowing all the history, and though I haven't had any issues yet, I still dislike the guy behind the company, his unprofessional approach and what he represents. For that I will patiently wait and let time tell whether or not this is a viable solution or just smoking mirrors. My guess is business has plummeted due to his terrible approach/support and this was his alternative solution into inserting his way back into the community and try to get sells numbers back up.
(#96)
Old

Default 05-10-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
He was pretty straight forward about who he was, I don't think he's obligated to sit here and release every online alias from all the online forums he's a part of. Do you need his xbox live account, old emails and any other possible user name he might have else where on the internet as well?

We get it, you love RB and hate VTT.... Give it a break.
I have said nothing about RB or any other competitor of VTT. Nor have I requested any personal/non forum related information. All I mentioned was this seems like more of the same old VTT that we have come to know and dislike... IE: Deception, misleading statements and important information left out. Chris failing to mention he has been posting under a personal account is a perfect representation of what I'm referring to.
(#97)
Old

Default 05-10-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I have said nothing about RB or any other competitor of VTT. Nor have I requested any personal/non forum related information. All I mentioned was this seems like more of the same old VTT that we have come to know and dislike... IE: Deception, misleading statements and important information left out. Chris failing to mention he has been posting under a personal account is a perfect representation of what I'm referring to.
You don't have to say anything about RB, if anyone follows this forum we already know your stance on which vendors you love oh so much and which you go out of your way to bash every chance given. Chris didn't try hide or deceive anything. He failed to mention he has another forum account which is for the most part highly respected but I'm failing to see where the negative side of this is? There was no benefit in leaving out his other forum name so why would you even see it as deceitful? Sure if his other account was known for being a greasy scam artist, someone like ohhhh.... Shaudfab.... then yes leaving out your other forum alias would be a BAD thing but the fact he didn't mention he's a well respected member of bimmerboost really has no benefit. To me it just seems like he never felt it was a necessary part of taking on this new role with VTT.
(#98)
Old

Default 05-10-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
You don't have to say anything about RB, if anyone follows this forum we already know your stance on which vendors you love oh so much and which you go out of your way to bash every chance given. Chris didn't try hide or deceive anything. He failed to mention he has another forum account which is for the most part highly respected but I'm failing to see where the negative side of this is? There was no benefit in leaving out his other forum name so why would you even see it as deceitful? Sure if his other account was known for being a greasy scam artist, someone like ohhhh.... Shaudfab.... then yes leaving out your other forum alias would be a BAD thing but the fact he didn't mention he's a well respected member of bimmerboost really has no benefit. To me it just seems like he never felt it was a necessary part of taking on this new role with VTT.
Since you don't see or get it, I will try and explain. However, let me begin by telling you *again* that I was a customer of VTT and have the scars to show for it. I had to get PayPal involved and got my money after setting up a case against them. Needless to say, I am one of many that has had to go to this extent. Had Tony been honest and upfront, there wouldn't have been any problems.

When someone introduces themself as a new employee of a disgraced vendor, it only makes sense that he explains his background in the community. If it were any other vendor I would feel differently. Tony has created an incredibly low reputation for himself and his business. Chris is now "guilty by association" until he proves to us otherwise. Maybe if you were one of the many poorly treated VTT customers, you would understand this more clearly?
(#99)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-10-2016, 03:08 PM

Chris-

Are you 100% handling he customer service/orders? Or just forum stuff?

Reason I ask- a friend/client had issues with is VTT2's leaking oil, was promised an upgrade to a 2+ set....that never came to fruition- he then attempted to call Tony and ask about the upgrade, and was hung up on repeatedly and lastly called a liar and was "banned" from buying VTT products.

Thanks

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#100)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 05-10-2016, 04:16 PM

I've read similar banning stories. The threads usually get moved/closed/buried/hidden/etc per the request of Tony.