N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1826)
Old
Nugs Nugs is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 393
Join Date: Apr 2013
Car: 2011 135i
Default 02-11-2015, 12:16 AM

Managed to get my hands one of the iphone connect kits second hand and downloaded the app today.
Very impressed. So much better than trying to log with a laptop.
(#1827)
Old
ossanboy's Avatar
ossanboy ossanboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 38
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: f30 335i
Default 02-11-2015, 12:51 AM

When is the ETA for your next batch?

Will it work with note 4?

Thanks
(#1828)
Old
LAZ LAZ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 131
Join Date: May 2013
Car: 135i
Default 02-11-2015, 08:41 AM

Device: HTC One M8
OS: 4.4.4(Android)
Engine type: N54 E Series
App build: A034
Problem experienced: First initial "connection" is successful (live display on gauges)...BUT when I exit the app/disconnect and try to use a different app (maps, text messages), and then return to the JB4 app, I don't get live gauges. Everything 'appears' to be frozen (though it may, or may not be, running in the background). I have to force close the app and reopen the app in order to view the live gauges...

Lately I have been experiencing some brief erratic hiccups on light throttle, and when it happens I quickly try to open the app & read hpfp/lpfp, but gauges stay blank. I force close & reopen, but, by that time, the issues is no longer present... any fix to this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.


JB4 G5//BMS DCI//BMS 3" CATELESS DP//BMS Meth Kit//BMS Backend E85 Flash//Alpina B3 Flash//
Walbro 455lpfp//Yokohama SDrive//BMS SLD//N55 Midpipes//Vibrant Performance Resonators
(#1829)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-11-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossanboy
When is the ETA for your next batch?

Will it work with note 4?

Thanks
Just got word back from my parts supplier. He says the parts should be shipping this week. I'll keep you all updated about the status as I get more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZ
Device: HTC One M8
OS: 4.4.4(Android)
Engine type: N54 E Series
App build: A034
Problem experienced: First initial "connection" is successful (live display on gauges)...BUT when I exit the app/disconnect and try to use a different app (maps, text messages), and then return to the JB4 app, I don't get live gauges. Everything 'appears' to be frozen (though it may, or may not be, running in the background). I have to force close the app and reopen the app in order to view the live gauges...

Lately I have been experiencing some brief erratic hiccups on light throttle, and when it happens I quickly try to open the app & read hpfp/lpfp, but gauges stay blank. I force close & reopen, but, by that time, the issues is no longer present... any fix to this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Are you using OTG or Bluetooth? Can you take a short video showing the problem? What happens if you try to read codes after coming back into the app?


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#1830)
Old
LAZ LAZ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 131
Join Date: May 2013
Car: 135i
Default 02-13-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Are you using OTG or Bluetooth? Can you take a short video showing the problem? What happens if you try to read codes after coming back into the app?
I am using OTG. I tried to get video yesterday but was unable to capture the the issue on video and couldn't recreate the issue .
My steps when trying to record:
1. Turn on car
2. Plug in OTG
3. Open app
4. APP IS FROZEN
5. Force close app
6. Re open app
7. Connection sucessful w/ live guage readings.
8. tried to recreate issue (unplugging OTG cable, exiting app, re-entered app) BUT no luck


I'm thinking that maybe the problem only occurs after I have shut the car off and later try using the app again...I will try this to see if that is the key.


JB4 G5//BMS DCI//BMS 3" CATELESS DP//BMS Meth Kit//BMS Backend E85 Flash//Alpina B3 Flash//
Walbro 455lpfp//Yokohama SDrive//BMS SLD//N55 Midpipes//Vibrant Performance Resonators
(#1831)
Old
Pennzoil Pennzoil is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jan 2015
Car: BMW M4 RHD
Default 02-14-2015, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
On certain engine types, the JB4 doesn't start logging data until boost is over a certain PSI as seen in your video.
last night i just updated my JB4 to 3.10 .... now all the date logging is running real time... no need boost up certain psi ....
but there have some issue, the apps got 2 times frozen within 30 mins connection... need to restart the apps and connect it again....

my engine type : S55
JB4 firmware : V3.10
jb4 mobile app version : 2.02
connection method : JB4 Bluetooth
(#1832)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-14-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennzoil
last night i just updated my JB4 to 3.10 .... now all the date logging is running real time... no need boost up certain psi ....
but there have some issue, the apps got 2 times frozen within 30 mins connection... need to restart the apps and connect it again....

my engine type : S55
JB4 firmware : V3.10
jb4 mobile app version : 2.02
connection method : JB4 Bluetooth
iOS?

Do you have auto logging enabled? Did the freeze happen when you were full throttle?


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#1833)
Old
Pennzoil Pennzoil is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jan 2015
Car: BMW M4 RHD
Default 02-15-2015, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
iOS?

Do you have auto logging enabled? Did the freeze happen when you were full throttle?
yes.... i'm using iOS 8.1.3

i set the auto logging within 3 sec

not sure what make it happen.... but that 2 times when i stopped the car a while (traffic light) , while i press the gas again... found that the apps was freezing....

not often happen .... yesterday i drove 20mins , it worked fine....
(#1834)
Old
rleroy4298 rleroy4298 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 104
Join Date: Feb 2013
Car: 335i
Default 02-15-2015, 03:27 PM

dmacpro91, any chance you wouldn't mind providing information (ie part #, company, etc) on the items needed to assemble the bluetooth module? Reason I ask is just to be able to purchase myself and try assembling...would also free up some of your time. Thanks in advance!
(#1835)
Old
duracell8 duracell8 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 273
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: 2008 535i
Default 02-15-2015, 04:21 PM

Why would he give out his proprietary information for everyone else to copy and him not to make any money from? He put it together, he designed it. He deserves to make a profit. Capitalism. He is filling a void in the market place. Amazing!! At the very least, send him a pm to ask this question. Rant over.
(#1836)
Old
Bullitt1841's Avatar
Bullitt1841 Bullitt1841 is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,500
Join Date: Aug 2011
Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 02-15-2015, 05:39 PM

+1


2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#1837)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-15-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennzoil
yes.... i'm using iOS 8.1.3

i set the auto logging within 3 sec

not sure what make it happen.... but that 2 times when i stopped the car a while (traffic light) , while i press the gas again... found that the apps was freezing....

not often happen .... yesterday i drove 20mins , it worked fine....
Hmm. Keep me updated if this becomes a frequent problem. Also next time it happens, try to read codes and see if that makes it start again. If it does, I may be able to figure out the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleroy4298
dmacpro91, any chance you wouldn't mind providing information (ie part #, company, etc) on the items needed to assemble the bluetooth module? Reason I ask is just to be able to purchase myself and try assembling...would also free up some of your time. Thanks in advance!
No.

1) I tried this initially with the Rev1 kits. I got tired of getting emails about people asking how to make the kit even though I had pretty straightforward directions. People started saying "I bought this bluetooth thing off of ebay can you help me set this up?". It simply got to be too much to deal with and there were quality issues if the person setting up the kit didn't know exactly what they were doing. This is why every single kit I sell is tested prior to shipping. Quality/Reliability is the biggest thing.

2) I've spent hundreds of hours developing the firmware for the different parts of the hardware alone. Developing/testing the apps took even longer. This is not a company project or anything like that. I am a college student and this project has become one of my primary sources of income. With the amount of time I've invested in this, $145.99 (Bluetooth hardware + app) is a fair price. I qualify fair by saying I wouldn't have an issue paying that price if I were the consumer. If you would like to take on a project like this and make everything completely open source, feel free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duracell8
Why would he give out his proprietary information for everyone else to copy and him not to make any money from? He put it together, he designed it. He deserves to make a profit. Capitalism. He is filling a void in the market place. Amazing!! At the very least, send him a pm to ask this question. Rant over.
Thanks!


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#1838)
Old
Peter @ Pure's Avatar
Peter @ Pure Peter @ Pure is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: F20 M135i
Default 02-16-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91

1) I tried this initially with the Rev1 kits. I got tired of getting emails about people asking how to make the kit even though I had pretty straightforward directions. People started saying "I bought this bluetooth thing off of ebay can you help me set this up?". It simply got to be too much to deal with and there were quality issues if the person setting up the kit didn't know exactly what they were doing. This is why every single kit I sell is tested prior to shipping. Quality/Reliability is the biggest thing.

2) I've spent hundreds of hours developing the firmware for the different parts of the hardware alone. Developing/testing the apps took even longer. This is not a company project or anything like that. I am a college student and this project has become one of my primary sources of income. With the amount of time I've invested in this, $145.99 (Bluetooth hardware + app) is a fair price. I qualify fair by saying I wouldn't have an issue paying that price if I were the consumer. If you would like to take on a project like this and make everything completely open source, feel free.



Thanks!
Hi Donnie,

I think your pricing is very fair. Your support is very good as well. With the few issues I had you were always there to support me.

I think JB4 mobile gives the JB4 users a LOT of flexibility changing JB4 settings on the fly (especially for the N55 guys that don't have full steering wheel controls). Further more logging has never been more easy. I really do appreciate that you have made this possible for the public.

Keep up the good work!

Greetz,
Peter


F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#1839)
Old
Kaitain Kaitain is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2013 328i MSport
Default 02-16-2015, 05:09 PM

Dmac,

I just wanted to give you a heads up. I installed the EWG wires today and fired up the car with my Macbook Pro connected to the USB using your Mac program. I immediately got a drivetrain warning. It never had this problem before connecting the EWG wires, so I believe something is a little different. I grabbed my windows computer with a ****ty battery and plugged it in. I cleared the codes, and started the car, no drive train malfunction. I plugged the macbook usb back in, and the malfunction popped up again. I am not sure if anything can be done as I know you programmed this for free, but wanted to let you know in case something can be changed. My macbook is lighter and the battery works, so I preferred using it. In the interim, I bought a ac-dc converter, and plugged in my windows pc to datalog my runs, since your still out of stock for the iPhone bluetooth adapters.

Anyways, thank you for all of your hard work, and maybe we can get a revision for the apple computer to work again? Take it easy!
(#1840)
Old
mjott mjott is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Dec 2012
Car: 335i
Default 02-16-2015, 05:14 PM

Just a suggestion, it would be great if there was an option to automatically connect to the car when the app is opened if it recognized that it was not already connected. Pretty much any time I open the app, I click the connect button, so eliminating this step while I'm driving would be nice.

Overall this product is awesome!


2008 E90 335i 6MT: RBs, Inlets, FBO, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS E85 flash, BMS Port Injection, Walbro 450 LPFP, 335is clutch
(#1841)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-16-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
Hi Donnie,

I think your pricing is very fair. Your support is very good as well. With the few issues I had you were always there to support me.

I think JB4 mobile gives the JB4 users a LOT of flexibility changing JB4 settings on the fly (especially for the N55 guys that don't have full steering wheel controls). Further more logging has never been more easy. I really do appreciate that you have made this possible for the public.

Keep up the good work!

Greetz,
Peter
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitain
Dmac,

I just wanted to give you a heads up. I installed the EWG wires today and fired up the car with my Macbook Pro connected to the USB using your Mac program. I immediately got a drivetrain warning. It never had this problem before connecting the EWG wires, so I believe something is a little different. I grabbed my windows computer with a ****ty battery and plugged it in. I cleared the codes, and started the car, no drive train malfunction. I plugged the macbook usb back in, and the malfunction popped up again. I am not sure if anything can be done as I know you programmed this for free, but wanted to let you know in case something can be changed. My macbook is lighter and the battery works, so I preferred using it. In the interim, I bought a ac-dc converter, and plugged in my windows pc to datalog my runs, since your still out of stock for the iPhone bluetooth adapters.

Anyways, thank you for all of your hard work, and maybe we can get a revision for the apple computer to work again? Take it easy!
This is something specific to EWG setups. Do you have the codes? Supposedly if you don't turn the ignition on (press start without the brake) before you actually start the car you can get the code. Are you saying the car starts without the code and just plugging in the USB cable causes the code? Can you get a video of all of this? I'll be updating the Mac app when I update the other apps after more testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjott
Just a suggestion, it would be great if there was an option to automatically connect to the car when the app is opened if it recognized that it was not already connected. Pretty much any time I open the app, I click the connect button, so eliminating this step while I'm driving would be nice.

Overall this product is awesome!
I'll look into it and make it a preference.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#1842)
Old
Dirty Dog's Avatar
Dirty Dog Dirty Dog is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 224
Join Date: Jan 2011
Car: 135i
Default 02-16-2015, 05:38 PM

Really looking forward to the audible alerts update. This is exactly what I need.


135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#1843)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-16-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
Really looking forward to the audible alerts update. This is exactly what I need.
I am actively looking at adding this. It won't make it in the next update, but it's on my list. There are just a lot of things to look at when handling alerts. Like how many parameters will need to be met before it sounds the alarm? I'll probably end up making a list that you can AND/OR certain parameters to sound the alert.
Ex:
rpm > 3500 AND
boost > 12psi AND
pedal > 70 AND
throttle > 80 AND
(fp_l < 55 OR ign1 < 5 OR afr > 13.0 OR afr2 > 13.0 etc)

As you can see, it can get complicated rather quickly so this alert idea will take awhile to do right.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#1844)
Old
Sleepy Sleepy is offline
all the time
 
Posts: 116
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: 335xi
Default 02-17-2015, 07:42 PM

Device: Galaxy S4
OS: 4.4.2(Android)
Engine type: N54 E90
App build: A034
Problems experienced:

1) IAT gauge gets stuck at -17C -- NOTHING FIXES THIS.

2) Sometimes I can't graph and the settings don't seem to be able to be saved in the application. REBOOT fixes this.


2008 MT 335xi - DCIs / AMS Intercooler / ******* *** / JB4 ISO 5 / Pump Gas Back End Flash / ER Charge Pipe / Tial BOV / Stickers / Love
(#1845)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-17-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy
Device: Galaxy S4
OS: 4.4.2(Android)
Engine type: N54 E90
App build: A034
Problems experienced:

1) IAT gauge gets stuck at -17C -- NOTHING FIXES THIS.

2) Sometimes I can't graph and the settings don't seem to be able to be saved in the application. REBOOT fixes this.
Hmm. Try turning temperature in Celsius off and see if that fixes it. If it does, let me know and I'll know where to look for the issue.

I've heard a few other reports of the graphing not working sometimes. Are you rooted with any custom installs or anything?


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#1846)
Old
rustyminded rustyminded is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 260
Join Date: Oct 2012
Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 02-18-2015, 04:38 AM

I have purchased the app "JB4Mobile" for my jailbroken iPhone 5-iOS 8.1.2 a week ago but every time I connect it through the usb nothing works...


F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#1847)
Old
DVAPower DVAPower is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 20
Join Date: Sep 2014
Car: E93 N55
Default 02-18-2015, 07:01 AM

Err, am I being thick or shouldn't the connection be via Bluetooth..

Dsve
(#1848)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-18-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
I have purchased the app "JB4Mobile" for my jailbroken iPhone 5-iOS 8.1.2 a week ago but every time I connect it through the usb nothing works...
How are you trying to connect on iOS through USB?


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#1849)
Old
Sleepy Sleepy is offline
all the time
 
Posts: 116
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: 335xi
Default 02-18-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Hmm. Try turning temperature in Celsius off and see if that fixes it. If it does, let me know and I'll know where to look for the issue.
Will do on the way home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
I've heard a few other reports of the graphing not working sometimes. Are you rooted with any custom installs or anything?
Nothing like that at all.


2008 MT 335xi - DCIs / AMS Intercooler / ******* *** / JB4 ISO 5 / Pump Gas Back End Flash / ER Charge Pipe / Tial BOV / Stickers / Love
(#1850)
Old
gunda gunda is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 202
Join Date: Oct 2012
Car: BMW 335i E92
Default 02-18-2015, 01:36 PM

For those that want a clean stealthy install for the IOS JB4 Bluetooth adapter, I installed a cigarette socket in my glove box and tapped the existing cigarette socket in the fuse box to power it. Drilled a hole in the little black plastic lid in the glove box to hold the socket in place, popped in a USB charger, and installed the Bluetooth adapter.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com