N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 10-09-2014, 06:26 AM

That's VERY cheap for meth.best price here in my area is 40.00 for 5 gallon pail of VP M1

E90 SEDAN '08
-SiNGLE TURBO AUTO TRANS*FSB G5 ISO*100%METH**FUEL iT!STAGE 2*ALPiNA FLASH-
-NGK PLUGS*BMS OCC*RB VALVE-
-E85 MHD FLASH-
(#27)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-09-2014, 08:05 AM

My pails are 34.99 for 5g. Or i can buy as i go, usually bring one of my empty ms109 pails and have him fill it up 22$for 5g lol.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi
Default 10-09-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED
But on a boosted car you want to have the coldest burning fuel (this is why E85 is so popular) because it burns cooler (and you need more of it) allowing more boost and more timing. For meth injection on a boosted car you want to cool the air charge and prevent detonation with a percentage of what you injection being water, the water % is your safety it too dangerous to tune your car in such a way that the water saves the engine at every combustion cycle.
Some of what you say is true, but it isn't the whole picture. Power is made from the expansion of air, that is what moves the pistons. How do we make a mixture expand? We heat it through combustion (PV=nRT - the ideal gas law). The reason E85 is so popular is that it has a high octane and is very stable in the burning process (it is quite lenient to AFR and timing changes). It also does a decent job of cooling the intake charge when injected (but not as good as meth). You want the coldest charge going in the engine so it is the most dense and the hottest discharge going out that will not cause harm. That gives you the most power.
(#29)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-09-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida
I've seen the 55 gal barrels on ebay but my UPS guy would kill me...if the shipping charges hadn't already.
I bought mine from a fuel supplier. You can search for your local gas supplier and chemical supplier. I picked mine up from the supplier so it save a lot on shipping.

2008 e93 MODS: BMS JB4 G5 ISO, bms trunk, RB PVC, Lukeperformance flash, mount meth kit, OCC, ******* ********, VRSF 7" FMIC, charge pipe, DCI, Alpina flash,
(#30)
Old

Car: e92 335xi
Default 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke0818
I bought mine from a fuel supplier. You can search for your local gas supplier and chemical supplier. I picked mine up from the supplier so it save a lot on shipping.
Good tip thanks, I will look around here. In process of setting up meth for the first time on this car. Got a case of boost juice just to get started.
(#31)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-09-2014, 05:21 PM

I use a mix of MS109, meth and water. I know the 109 probably isn't any good for the pump but who cares.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Default 10-09-2014, 06:55 PM

Why ask for problems when you know MS109 will kill the pump.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#33)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-09-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell @ BMS
Why ask for problems when you know MS109 will kill the pump.
It's not certain it'll kill the pump, maybe shorten it's life but I like to create problems and then fix them.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#34)
Old

Default 10-09-2014, 10:38 PM

Found a supplier up in SLC. They sell 99% pure methanol for $25 for a 5 gal bucket. I'll be picking some up next weekend when I'm up that way.
(#35)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 10-12-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicktime
Found a supplier up in SLC. They sell 99% pure methanol for $25 for a 5 gal bucket. I'll be picking some up next weekend when I'm up that way.
Where at? I'm in slc and that's dirt ass cheap. Would be helpful for when I go meth next spring

2008 Aw/Coral Red Manual 135i Coupe-
JB4 G5 + BMS race flash, BMS meth kit, VRSF DP, Big tom Ic, BMS chinese tester CP, Custom Muffler Delete, BMS Oil Cooler Valve, Cowl Filters, Clutch Stop, B&M Short Shifter, Spec Stg 2+ Clutch W/ Oem dmfw, Vmr V710, KW v2, M RSFB, 1M Front and rear Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, slek trunk, Lci blacklines
(#36)
Old

Default 10-13-2014, 08:54 AM

Jaradine Petroleum
1117 North 400 East
SLC, UT. 84054

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinchxvx
Where at? I'm in slc and that's dirt ass cheap. Would be helpful for when I go meth next spring
(#37)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 10-13-2014, 11:41 AM

Sweet thanks. that's not too far from my house.

2008 Aw/Coral Red Manual 135i Coupe-
JB4 G5 + BMS race flash, BMS meth kit, VRSF DP, Big tom Ic, BMS chinese tester CP, Custom Muffler Delete, BMS Oil Cooler Valve, Cowl Filters, Clutch Stop, B&M Short Shifter, Spec Stg 2+ Clutch W/ Oem dmfw, Vmr V710, KW v2, M RSFB, 1M Front and rear Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, slek trunk, Lci blacklines