N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#326)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e90
Default 09-20-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
your new technology is going to beat your old, what are you going to do! Lol!
+1 hahahaha
(#327)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-20-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalRocker
+1 hahahaha
He will have old and new technology records lol!

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#328)
Old

Default 09-20-2014, 11:59 AM

So is Trickcruiser waiting for RobC to install the turbos with all the sensors so that Trickcruiser can see that he can turn up the boost safely? Or is he waiting for the upgraded meth injection? Or both?
(#329)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-20-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk
So is Trickcruiser waiting for RobC to installwith the turbos with all the sensors so that Trickcruiser can see that he can turn up the boost safely? Or is he waiting for the upgraded meth injection? Or both?
Truck cruiser is a tester with normal super RB's, I am a tester with super RB's fitted with sensors.

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#330)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 09-21-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Yes. Gotta love the "old technology" that holds every record that is real. Glad you like the turbos man!

Rob
That holds every record? So lets see, our normal stage 2 on STOCK MOTOR, hold the MT record at 11.6, only one better is Dzenno on a non stock motor, FULLY PORTED head 11.4 that took 3 sets of blown RB's to achieve, next we come to WHP and WTQ records, our normal stage 2's hold both of those with a STOCK MOTOR, you previously held it on a fully ported head with bigger valves. So our WHP and WTQ records with a stock motor are still higher than your highest numbers with a ported head, bigger valves. Please again, which records does your old technology hold on a stock motor N54 my friend. The answer is none, if you want to dispute this, we can start posting time slips, and dyno graphs. That you can operate in the realm of misinformation so normally, and have people believe you is always such a mystery. Cheers

I stand corrected, you hold 1 the AT record, for which we have never even attempted to go after until now which we will own soon. So you went from claiming you hold EVERY record, to actually holding 1. Hmmmmmmm

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time

Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 09-21-2014 at 03:40 PM..
(#331)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335
Default 09-21-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
That holds every record? So lets see, our normal stage 2 on STOCK MOTOR, hold the MT record at 11.6, only one better is Dzenno on a non stock motor, FULLY PORTED head 11.4 that took 3 sets of blown RB's to achieve, next we come to WHP and WTQ records, our normal stage 2's hold both of those with a STOCK MOTOR, you previously held it on a fully ported head with bigger valves. So our WHP and WTQ records with a stock motor are still higher than your highest numbers with a ported head, bigger valves. Please again, which records does your old technology hold on a stock motor N54 my friend. The answer is none, if you want to dispute this, we can start posting time slips, and dyno graphs. That you can operate in the realm of misinformation so normally, and have people believe you is always such a mystery. Cheers

I stand corrected, you hold 1 the AT record, for which we have never even attempted to go after until now which we will own soon. So you went from claiming you hold EVERY record, to actually holding 1. Hmmmmmmm
Hey I am in for seeing time slips because I have never seen anyone post time slips for Vargas Turbos. Or any real runs on YouTube. I have time slips on stockers that are a 11.6 and better. I know an 11.6 is good for an MT so props.

I just went to YouTube and searched for anyone that has posted anything for Vargas turbos and found you shopping and couple of N55 videos but no real N54 turbos, you would think a 100 plus units sold someone would be very excited to video there results, kills, runs you name it?

There was page after page of RB turbo videos on youtube showing real world impressive results.

Tony great work on all your dyno records. I have run quite a few people with impressive dyno results and they have walked away scratching their head saying wtf happened I just got walked.

Anyone in SC GA OR NC with Vargas turbos? I am loooking for a run so we can get some Vargas youtube videos posted.

2011 335is DCT
Pure Stage 2 Hi-Flo Turbos | PSP outlets | RB Inlets | Wagner Evo 2 intercooler | Wagner Dpipes's | JB4 G5/MHD| Precision Raceworks Coils |PFS Bucketed Double shot LPFP | Phoenix Charge Pipe with Tial BOV | JB4 G5/MHD | BMS DCI's

RIP 2007 E90 335i
Doc Race 6266 Single Turbo | TFT Charge Pipe | JB4 G5/MHD | FuelIt stg 3 LPFP | Cpe/BMS PI | 100% E85 | DSS Axles | Cpe FMIC | Tial BOV

N54 World Record ET: 10.721 | Best MPH 130.92
(#332)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-21-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltalima0
Hey I am in for seeing time slips because I have never seen anyone post time slips for Vargas Turbos. Or any real runs on YouTube. I have time slips on stockers that are a 11.6 and better. I know an 11.6 is good for an MT so props.

I just went to YouTube and searched for anyone that has posted anything for Vargas turbos and found you shopping and couple of N55 videos but no real N54 turbos, you would think a 100 plus units sold someone would be very excited to video there results, kills, runs you name it?

There was page after page of RB turbo videos on youtube showing real world impressive results.

Tony great work on all your dyno records. I have run quite a few people with impressive dyno results and they have walked away scratching their head saying wtf happened I just got walked.

Anyone in SC GA OR NC with Vargas turbos? I am loooking for a run so we can get some Vargas youtube videos posted.
totally agree!

(#333)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 09-21-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:

+1.

Here is one of MANY many RB passes in the very low 11 range. This was one I'll attach just because it was nearly 4 years ago… on the first car they were installed on and within a couple of months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqvZJk-68g4

Funny how all the "improvements" to date still yield MUCH slower real world results, barring the dyno playtime session "records" (all of which are by the manufacturer themselves).

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 09-21-2014 at 05:35 PM..
(#334)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-21-2014, 05:41 PM

The way I see it is people with RB's want to race their car's and people with VTT turbos like to daily their car's.

Seems odd that VTT turbo upgrades have been out for around 2 years but no real races or dyno's from customer's exist whereas RB's are all over it and always have been.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#335)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 09-21-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
So you went from claiming you hold EVERY record, to actually holding 1. Hmmmmmmm
Quote:
Yes. Gotta love the "old technology" that holds every record that is real.
Operative word here being "Real".

In simpler terms- 650rwhp on a dyno means nothing if it still nets you OEM turbo-like performance in application.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#336)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-21-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
+1.

Here is one of MANY many RB passes in the very low 11 range. This was one I'll attach just because it was nearly 4 years ago… on the first car they were installed on and within a couple of months.

Funny how all the "improvements" to date still yield MUCH slower real world results, barring the dyno playtime session "records" (all of which are by the manufacturer themselves).
Rob,

You have nothing to prove, simple search proves wich is better can't wait to get a video of the super RB's!

(#337)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-21-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Operative word here being "Real".

In simpler terms- 650rwhp on a dyno means nothing if it still nets you OEM turbo-like performance in application.
Exactly, my buddies Evo puts well over 680hp on dyno yet I take him by 1/2 car and that is with "old technology RB's"

(#338)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-21-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
The way I see it is people with RB's want to race their car's and people with VTT turbos like to daily their car's.

Seems odd that VTT turbo upgrades have been out for around 2 years but no real races or dyno's from customer's exist whereas RB's are all over it and always have been.
Very good and true point.

(#339)
Old

Default 09-21-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Exactly, my buddies Evo puts well over 680hp on dyno yet I take him by 1/2 car and that is with "old technology RB's"
No disrespect but your friend obviously can't drive for **** if he got worked by your 500whp bmw when he is driving 180awhp more car. These types of comments do not add value to the conversation since there are to many variables to consider, especially in a scenario where for all intents and purposes you should have lost and with a better driver likely would have lost by a large margin. I am getting vtt stage 2 + and would gladly run anyone that has posted in here from a roll or a dig. Maybe come to tx2k and put the talk on the table and see how many cars you blow the doors off of when there are quality drivers behind the wheel.
(#340)
Old

Default 09-21-2014, 07:40 PM

Also RB's have been in the marketplace for many more years and because of this they appeal more to the types of people posting here. Those who want a more proven application with fewer question marks. I am willing to take a chance on vtt because I appreciate those who push things to the edge and stand on innovation. My lasting memory of RB'S was the bad customer service and horrible turnaround time people were having back when I joined the scene in 2010. Once VTT jumped in those issues were quickly alleviated since there was competition brewing and that was a good thing for everyone involved. VTT can't really be blamed for people not getting track time in and posting it on public forums. If there were a ton of complaints regarding reliability fine but it seems like both sides had a handful of turbos ship that shouldn't have.
(#341)
Old

Car: 135i coupe'
Talking 09-21-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
+1.

Haha, gotta love the old vid from LostMarine.

Maybe he could make a comeback to the N54 platform and smash his current record with Rob's new Super's.
(#342)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335
Default 09-21-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJz
No disrespect but your friend obviously can't drive for **** if he got worked by your 500whp bmw when he is driving 180awhp more car. These types of comments do not add value to the conversation since there are to many variables to consider, especially in a scenario where for all intents and purposes you should have lost and with a better driver likely would have lost by a large margin. I am getting vtt stage 2 + and would gladly run anyone that has posted in here from a roll or a dig. Maybe come to tx2k and put the talk on the table and see how many cars you blow the doors off of when there are quality drivers behind the wheel.
Good luck I hope all this works out for you cause new proven turbos at the price point Tony and Rob are talking about is great for everyone and something other builders may make for the community to make it cheaper for us end users.

But bottom line anything and everything Tony has all appear to be dyno queens without any proven end user results. Totally unproven dyno driven results. All i am asking since Tony is the one in all the forums talking about how great he and his products are is to show anything else besides a dyno.

You would think that would be easy for a vendor who has been around for 3-4 years. Who constantly chimes in telling people what works and wont work its comical. Then Ray comes out shows the community his worked up RB's and a week or so later Tony says I have been working on these too.

Call me skeptical...

He started building stage 3s 3 years ago still nothing and since then there have been I dont know how many single Turbos that have come out?

I am dialing my new RB's in (the regular ones). I am in SC and will be going to the track in the next few weeks I will be videoing and posting my results.

2011 335is DCT
Pure Stage 2 Hi-Flo Turbos | PSP outlets | RB Inlets | Wagner Evo 2 intercooler | Wagner Dpipes's | JB4 G5/MHD| Precision Raceworks Coils |PFS Bucketed Double shot LPFP | Phoenix Charge Pipe with Tial BOV | JB4 G5/MHD | BMS DCI's

RIP 2007 E90 335i
Doc Race 6266 Single Turbo | TFT Charge Pipe | JB4 G5/MHD | FuelIt stg 3 LPFP | Cpe/BMS PI | 100% E85 | DSS Axles | Cpe FMIC | Tial BOV

N54 World Record ET: 10.721 | Best MPH 130.92
(#343)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-21-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJz
I have a bit more than 500hp, a win is a win...bring your Vargas crap down here and let's run.

(#344)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-21-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJz
Also RB's have been in the marketplace for many more years and because of this they appeal more to the types of people posting here. Those who want a more proven application with fewer question marks. I am willing to take a chance on vtt because I appreciate those who push things to the edge and stand on innovation. My lasting memory of RB'S was the bad customer service and horrible turnaround time people were having back when I joined the scene in 2010. Once VTT jumped in those issues were quickly alleviated since there was competition brewing and that was a good thing for everyone involved. VTT can't really be blamed for people not getting track time in and posting it on public forums. If there were a ton of complaints regarding reliability fine but it seems like both sides had a handful of turbos ship that shouldn't have.
How long have people been waiting on stage 3 vargas turbos again?

(#345)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-21-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJz
Your doing everthing you can to be disrespectful, do your saying a 700hp charger should beat me? A shelby 500 with 662 hp should beat RB car? RB cars have beaten both....hp does not win races...power curve does. I love how you think the driver sucks when you no nothing about him.

Good day

(#346)
Old

Default 09-21-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Your doing everthing you can to be disrespectful, do your saying a 700hp charger should beat me? A shelby 500 with 662 hp should beat RB car? RB cars have beaten both....hp does not win races...power curve does. I love how you think the driver sucks when you no nothing about him.

Good day
You just listed fat pigs, of course your much lighter car will run them close or even beat them by s good margin but as someone whose brother in law owns a 700 hp evo x I know that you are not even staying in the same bus length as it, they are similar in weight so the other ****y examples you posted before are irrelevant and you know it. I am in Texas and if you want to experience racing some solid cars and solid drivers make a plan to come to tx2k, you will get to see basically all of the UGR lambos and some other crazy ****. So how did your great driver buddy lose exactly? Did you race from a dig? N54 Manuals can't launch for **** and evos have launch control and built in 2 step. Roll race? I have raced my bro in laws evo x (700 a whp)from many different speeds and due to his superior awd setup he hooks and depending on how much brake boosting I do I can not from lower speed starts. I don't get smoked by bus lengths but I don't win either. This is all with me having a maxed out stock turbo setup with methanol ms 109 and e60 oh yeah and nitrous (albeit a small shot) so I doubt you are making more power than I am especially after peak torque hits since that's when I activate spray. I am not calling you a liar I am calling your friend a ****ty driver (or maybe a ****ty run?), not all owners of fastish cars know how to put it down on the street or track.
(#347)
Old

Default 09-21-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
How long have people been waiting on stage 3 vargas turbos again?
No idea they never interested me due to the price to power ratio.
(#348)
Old

Default 09-21-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Good luck I hope all this works out for you cause new proven turbos at the price point Tony and Rob are talking about is great for everyone and something other builders may make for the community to make it cheaper for us end users.

But bottom line anything and everything Tony has all appear to be dyno queens without any proven end user results. Totally unproven dyno driven results. All i am asking since Tony is the one in all the forums talking about how great he and his products are is to show anything else besides a dyno.

You would think that would be easy for a vendor who has been around for 3-4 years. Who constantly chimes in telling people what works and wont work its comical. Then Ray comes out shows the community his worked up RB's and a week or so later Tony says I have been working on these too.

Call me skeptical...

He started building stage 3s 3 years ago still nothing and since then there have been I dont know how many single Turbos that have come out?

I am dialing my new RB's in (the regular ones). I am in SC and will be going to the track in the next few weeks I will be videoing and posting my results.
I don't blame you for being skeptical. Results should start to flow in with these higher output turbos since they make significantly more power then the old stage 2s.
(#349)
Old

Default 09-21-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
+1.

Didn't you switch to all of these upgrades you are now mocking? Thrust upgrades, wheels clipped, ect? If these advances are not superior why make the switch, just stick to what has apparently worked for you for so long. Rob I just want to make it clear I have no personal issue with you or your products. I just think the mud slinging stuff has gone to far when you claim to have superior products then switch to methods that vtt started using. I know your early production issues and communication issues were due to you being a one man operation but I didn't find that out until much later after my initial opinion was formed. I think you have made a great product thus far and have no doubt your super rbs will be formidable, it just bothers me that every time tony comes out with anything you arrive and start to **** on his parade. Keep in mind tony has the only real fueling solution out there ATM to help your super rbs reach the power levels you hope to achieve. Until port injection is a more real thing you will be sharing records with vtt products. There are plenty of n54 owners that are nearing the end of their turbo lifecycle that will be looking to upgrade for both sides to have plenty of business. I do admire that your one man shop has held court this long as the sole stock frame turbo upgrade but now that the 3000gt guy Ray opened the flood gates both you and Vargas seemed equally prepared to make the jump to these super plus upgraded turbos. The competition between you to is great I just hope for more friendly competition in the future. In general it's good policy to stay out of each other's threads and announcement posts.
(#350)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-22-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJz
Didn't you switch to all of these upgrades you are now mocking? Thrust upgrades, wheels clipped, ect? If these advances are not superior why make the switch, just stick to what has apparently worked for you for so long. Rob I just want to make it clear I have no personal issue with you or your products. I just think the mud slinging stuff has gone to far when you claim to have superior products then switch to methods that vtt started using. I know your early production issues and communication issues were due to you being a one man operation but I didn't find that out until much later after my initial opinion was formed. I think you have made a great product thus far and have no doubt your super rbs will be formidable, it just bothers me that every time tony comes out with anything you arrive and start to **** on his parade. Keep in mind tony has the only real fueling solution out there ATM to help your super rbs reach the power levels you hope to achieve. Until port injection is a more real thing you will be sharing records with vtt products. There are plenty of n54 owners that are nearing the end of their turbo lifecycle that will be looking to upgrade for both sides to have plenty of business. I do admire that your one man shop has held court this long as the sole stock frame turbo upgrade but now that the 3000gt guy Ray opened the flood gates both you and Vargas seemed equally prepared to make the jump to these super plus upgraded turbos. The competition between you to is great I just hope for more friendly competition in the future. In general it's good policy to stay out of each other's threads and announcement posts.
either he is lying about his Hp or not hooking up. I will not go from dig until until I get dss axles. I am AT so I would launch better than a Mt. I can tell you he spins badly and that is at a 40 roll but to be fair so do I. Trust me they're are some awesome cars down this way to, I have been smoked badly. Worst I would say was from supra....dude left me sitting still. Found out after run ur was a mid 9 second car so didn't feel to bad.