N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default Traction control sometimes not disabled with ISO 28 - 08-18-2014, 06:01 PM

Has anyone else running ISO 28 noticed that sometimes when you start the car, traction control is not disabled even though you have it set to be automatically disabled? I just noticed this happening since upgrading to ISO 28. Probably happens a third of the time.

2007 Monaco Blue E90 335i sport (auto) w/ JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, BMS DP's, BMS/Wedge e85 flash, Walbro inline fuel pump, ER CP, RB PCV , VRSF 7" FMIC, MFactory LSD
11.88 1/4 mile @118 on E60 with no meth
(#2)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-18-2014, 07:46 PM

I'm having this issue also. It's enabled and always has been but 50% off the time it doesn't automatically disable the DTC.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2014, 09:33 PM

Interesting.. Maybe related to the timing 2-6 CAN change. Do both of you have that enabled?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 08-18-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Interesting.. Maybe related to the timing 2-6 CAN change. Do both of you have that enabled?
I do.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#5)
Old

Default 08-19-2014, 06:24 AM

I do too.

2007 Monaco Blue E90 335i sport (auto) w/ JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, BMS DP's, BMS/Wedge e85 flash, Walbro inline fuel pump, ER CP, RB PCV , VRSF 7" FMIC, MFactory LSD
(#6)
Old

Car: E92 N54
Default 08-19-2014, 06:29 AM

Ok, so I'm not alone here. I pointed this out to Terry when the beta was released. I thought maybe it was my car only.

JB4 G5 - FBO + Meth - 11.9@119
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2014, 08:20 AM

Good, looks like a trend! Made a tweak to this file. Let me know if it resolves it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-19-2014, 09:06 AM

same here also seems the gauges activation at 50% gas acts funky sometimes.

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
(#9)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 08-19-2014, 10:48 AM

I have seen it twice. Once when I cut on the car and the other time the DTC light actually went out (reverting back to all traction systems enabled) during a brisk take off in 1st gear where I had some wheelspin. I haven't tried to replicate the second scenario.

335is DCT
(#10)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 08-19-2014, 11:35 AM

While you're looking into the traction control CAN settings, would there be any way to get full DTC disable? I know you said you didn't want to at some point, but figured I'd ask 1 last time. That is the only thing I would ever add to the JB4 functionality. Maybe make it a hidden option and rather difficult to enable? Maybe you have to send a special string to the JB4 through a terminal? Idk, but that feature would be amazing.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#11)
Old

Default 08-20-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
While you're looking into the traction control CAN settings, would there be any way to get full DTC disable? I know you said you didn't want to at some point, but figured I'd ask 1 last time. That is the only thing I would ever add to the JB4 functionality. Maybe make it a hidden option and rather difficult to enable? Maybe you have to send a special string to the JB4 through a terminal? Idk, but that feature would be amazing.
I'd like to add a suggestion that Terry knows has also been requested before. The SPORT button on DCT's to enable on start up. I press that damn button every time I start the car.

Sorry I'm away T and can't test the new FW.

(#12)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 08-20-2014, 02:18 AM

Quote:
+1000

i like it !!!!!! please !!!

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
No we won't be adding that. Sorry.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Legend

Default 08-20-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
No we won't be adding that. Sorry.
Alright, well I tried. I'll start looking into a work around.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#15)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 08-21-2014, 09:57 PM

Wow, I thought I was the only one with this issue. Going to try the new firmware, as well...

2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-22-2014, 07:11 PM

Any feedback??

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old
Legend

Default 08-22-2014, 07:30 PM

I threw some abs/traction codes tonight, idk if it's related. I'll post the codes in a few minutes.

Edit:
Doesn't seem to be related. Looks like my wheel speed sensor is going out.

Last edited by Dmac @ BMS/DMD; 08-22-2014 at 08:31 PM..
(#18)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 08-22-2014, 08:50 PM

Should get some drive time tomorrow. Had a flat and tire shop screwed up my wheel reinstalling the tire after an internal patch :/

335is DCT
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-22-2014, 10:33 PM

OK someone with the bug let me know asap as I have other changes in this firmware I want to post.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 08-24-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
OK someone with the bug let me know asap as I have other changes in this firmware I want to post.
Is there some kind of trick to enabling this? I go to menu 6, option 4, then just keep hitting down on the left menu button. Can't get it to enable at all, even before upgrading to 28.3. It's JB4 on 2010 335xi.

Car starts, no DTC light.
(#21)
Old

Default 08-24-2014, 07:37 PM

Hey Terry,

Seems to be working now for me. Thanks!

(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
Is there some kind of trick to enabling this? I go to menu 6, option 4, then just keep hitting down on the left menu button. Can't get it to enable at all, even before upgrading to 28.3. It's JB4 on 2010 335xi.

Car starts, no DTC light.
The feature doesn't work with Xi models.

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 08-25-2014, 02:51 AM

Quote:
The feature doesn't work with Xi models.
Any chance of this in the future?
(#24)
Old
Legend

Default 08-26-2014, 03:59 PM

Had my first run-in with this DTC not being disabled today. Terry is that 28_3 different than the one you sent me 19th?

(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-26-2014, 04:15 PM

Yes

Burger Motorsports