Default 11-01-2013, 08:49 AM

haha, okay thanks guys.
(#7927)
Old

Car: about to purchase 09 335i Xdrive
Default 11-01-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell @ BMS
Do a log in third gear from 2.5K to 7k and post in the help section.
Will do! Thanks. I just need to route the cable into the passenger compartment tomorrow and I'll do that.

Bill

2016 335 GT - let the upgrades begin..

2000 Z3M - too many upgrades to mention ... lol

(#7928)
Old

Car: 2013 335is DCT
Default 11-01-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Set speedo 6 @ tach 3. Will flash the turn signals twice when the oil reaches 160.
Yeah that setting is already on (it flashes). does that also disarm the low temp disable mode?

2013 335is DCT -- Quaife | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | e93 M3 + Hotchkis f/r sways | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" IC | AFE DP's + DCI | RB PCV + Thermo Delete | Setrab + Improved Racing oil cooling | Stoptech f+r BBK | Cobb BQ Tune

(#7929)
Old

Car: 2008 E90 335i
Default 11-01-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro
Yeah that setting is already on (it flashes). does that also disarm the low temp disable mode?
+1 on this question. I found that once I BB flashed, the car no longer pegged max boost at 7-8psi before warmup. Activating dash option 4-2 (I think) will force boost to the lowest available setpoint (either JB4 or DME). During warmup, that is the JB4.

But, what happens after warmup? Is the car running at the DME target or the JB4 target? I ask because I've been running like this and everything seems kosher: super strong adaptive map 5 and cold engine protection like it should have. Can someone explain this option for us laymen?
(#7930)
Old

Default 11-01-2013, 09:01 AM

my question is different, but yours is still a good one.

2013 335is DCT -- Quaife | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | e93 M3 + Hotchkis f/r sways | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" IC | AFE DP's + DCI | RB PCV + Thermo Delete | Setrab + Improved Racing oil cooling | Stoptech f+r BBK | Cobb BQ Tune

(#7931)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-01-2013, 09:01 AM

Forces JB4 targets at all times rather than the higher of the two. The DME target would only be higher than the JB4 target on pump gas maps at low RPM or when oil is cold.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7932)
Old

Car: 2008 E90 335i
Default 11-01-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Forces JB4 targets at all times rather than the higher of the two. The DME target would only be higher than the JB4 target on pump gas maps at low RPM or when oil is cold.
Cool. I haven't read the first post in a while evidently. Any reason not to have this option enabled?
(#7933)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-01-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STELLA 5555
Cool. I haven't read the first post in a while evidently. Any reason not to have this option enabled?
It negates the low end benefits of the pump gas flash which raises low end boost via the DME rather than the JB4 target. So most would not want to use it for that reason alone. I'd leave it off and just not go full throttle until oil is up to temp. But if you just can't help yourself the option is there.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7934)
Old
335is 7DCT/JB4

Car: BMW 335IS 7DCT/JB4
Default 11-01-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
As far as I know it just toggles the signal on & off. Never paid any attention to the boost gauge because I stay off the throttle till it blinks.

Kevin

2018 440 MPPSK/MPE
2014 435 MPPK/THP
2013 135is 6MT/JB4/ISO
2011 335is 7DCT/JB4/ISO/BMS Flash(sold)
FF Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE BOSS + TKO-600
(#7935)
Old
Gettin' There!

Car: '07 335i E92
Default 11-01-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Toggling the setting off does not defeat the warm-up protection, it just wont blink the flashers when temp is reached. You would have to be mindful of the temp gauge at that point.

'07 335i E92 - FBO
(#7936)
Old

Car: 07 335i Coupe
Default 11-09-2013, 05:41 PM

Man, awfully quite around here lately..

Just found a station 15mi from my house with Sunoco 260GT unleaded. Put around 10 gal in today on an almost empty tank and ventured into Map7 for the first time :D Feels a bit faster than the e85 mix i've been running on map five. The car seems to like it better than e85 too, just seems to run smoother and no hiccups on cold starts. Might just run this for the winter since I don't drive much during the week and the car sits a lot in the winter, specially if the weather gets bad.

Question though, is there any advantage to throwing in a few gal of e85 with it or does it just not get much better fuel wise than straight race gas on map7?

2007 335i E92 AT - JB4 G5 ISO + BMS E85 Flash, MR5 Intake, VRSF ***, VRSF 7in FMIC, ER CP, Fuel-It Stage 1, RB PCV, UUC Corsa Exhaust, Sachs SRE Coilovers, M3 Control Arms, H&R Sway, BA Diff Lock, MDF Scoops, Tint, LED Int, LUX V3, CF Hood, Mini Battery
(#7937)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 11-09-2013, 06:27 PM

Not much difference especially with winter E85 only being E70.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#7938)
Old

Car: 335i xdrive
Default 11-09-2013, 06:58 PM

Given the recent turbo upgrades going on at BMS, what can those of us still running stock turbos expect as far as updates?

I should say that I am extremely happy with how 27.5 is running, but I like seeing the evolution of this software. Is there much need for improvement or any performance left on the table with our ISO software? Anything secret in the works to mess around with?

'09 335 xdrive: JB4 G5 ISO - BMS Pump Flash - E30 / BMS DCI / VRSF DP / VRSF FMIC / BMS CP / BMS CDV / BMS Clutch Stop / ZHP Shift Knob
'07 Mustang GT/CS vert: Intake / Tune / Straight ***** / Strut Brace
'67 Jacobsen Tractor: Yardwork Toy...
(#7939)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2013, 07:26 PM

ISO 27.7 Notes

1) Found and fixed a bug causing map 4 switches during 2STEP operation.
2) Found and fixed bug in the internal PID Integral table.
3) Added a few addl FutureUseD options for diagnostic purposes.

Burger Motorsports

(#7940)
Old

Default 11-09-2013, 07:42 PM

What would the impact of number 2 be in 27.5, Terry?

(#7941)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2013, 07:54 PM

Not sure on that. Maybe nothing. Maybe better targeting when boost is already within 1.25psi of target.

Burger Motorsports

(#7942)
Old

Default 11-09-2013, 07:55 PM

Ok not urgent then

(#7943)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
Given the recent turbo upgrades going on at BMS, what can those of us still running stock turbos expect as far as updates?

I should say that I am extremely happy with how 27.5 is running, but I like seeing the evolution of this software. Is there much need for improvement or any performance left on the table with our ISO software? Anything secret in the works to mess around with?
We're always working on things. When we started with ISO I thought the first version was great. Here we are 27+ versions later. I'm sure many more will come as we find addl areas to tweak and improve on.

Burger Motorsports

(#7944)
Old

Car: 335xi coupe
Default 11-09-2013, 10:39 PM

it says this:

Software, updates, and directions:

JB4 Interface: Latest Interface Download. When updating your interface you may need to first go to "add remove programs" and "remove" your previous JB4 interface.

but it doesnt say what the version is, so how do i know if my version is the most up to date without deleting it and installing it again?
(#7945)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-10-2013, 12:36 AM

IIRC When you try to install the same version without doing an uninstall it will ask you if you want to repair or uninstall but not install.
(#7946)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 27.7 vs 25 - 11-10-2013, 05:11 PM

I've been updating the JB4 to every new iso released, but after 25 it seems that the gear shifting is not as smooth and low throttle response is not steady. Is this just my perception or could it be 25 is better than 27.5 for my car? Is 27.7 better than 27.5?

2008 BMW 335i | JB4 G5 | BMS Pump Flash | 3" n54Tuning *** | 3" ER Charge Pipe | 5" ETS FMIC
(#7947)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-11-2013, 03:08 AM

Terry, can you please explain iso 27.7 FUD20 to me.

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#7948)
Old

Car: 335i xdrive
Default 11-11-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
We're always working on things. When we started with ISO I thought the first version was great. Here we are 27+ versions later. I'm sure many more will come as we find addl areas to tweak and improve on.
I'm glad to hear that, I figured we'd still see plenty of new ideas coming through. Do you have any stock turbo N54s left in-house?

'09 335 xdrive: JB4 G5 ISO - BMS Pump Flash - E30 / BMS DCI / VRSF DP / VRSF FMIC / BMS CP / BMS CDV / BMS Clutch Stop / ZHP Shift Knob
'07 Mustang GT/CS vert: Intake / Tune / Straight ***** / Strut Brace
'67 Jacobsen Tractor: Yardwork Toy...
(#7949)
Old

Car: 2008 AW e92 335i
Default 11-11-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
It negates the low end benefits of the pump gas flash which raises low end boost via the DME rather than the JB4 target. So most would not want to use it for that reason alone. I'd leave it off and just not go full throttle until oil is up to temp. But if you just can't help yourself the option is there.

Isnt there a reason that you set up a "safety feature" to basically not put your lead foot to the floor when temps are under 160 degrees??? Can you guys really not hold off until oil temps reach 160 degrees, well for me I wait till its at least 180-200 degrees AND i have the BMS oil thermostat and I STILL will wait the extra 3 or 4 minutes to make sure the car is up to temperature... And for those of you that dont know, it says in the owners manual to start the car, let the rpm's sit where they normally sit which takes about 45 seconds, and then go drive the car MODERATELY so it can warm up the whole entire car, not just the motor. Theres a reason terry implemented a feature such as this because honestly going WOT with oil temps under 160 degrees ARE NOT GOOD FOR THE CAR OR TURBOS.... Especially the Turbos because they are oil and water cooled and the car needs to get up to temperature so it can lubricate its internal components of the Turbos...Everybody knows that oil looses its viscosity to lubricate properly when its cold.. Oil needs to be above 180 Degrees in my personal opinion but hey to each to there own....

E92 A/W JB4 G5 ISO w/WEDGE PERFORMANCE FLASH+FBO+RB's+LSD+60% E85/93 mix 508whp 531 ft lb torque 11.73 @121mph on street tires with a 2.1 60'!!! NO METH!
(#7950)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 11-11-2013, 05:04 PM

Those are impressive numbers and I agree with you oil temperature points!

09 335XI /Cobb ATR TUNED 18.5 psi/DCI/2ND ***** '''''''/E20/Alpina/VRSF 7inch/VRSF Chargepipe with Tial BOV***